ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for my Naturalization - No Acknowledgement Received

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Seena

Applied for my Naturalization - No Acknowledgement Received

Post by Seena » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:12 pm

Dear Members,

I have applied for my Naturalization on 31st March and today is 22nd April. More than 3 weeks has passed but no acknowledgement is received. Money is also not deducted from my account.

Please let me know what can i do ? I have sent my application via registered post which is delivered the next day. Any advise / suggestion please...

Thanks
Zara

egoneo

Re: Applied for my Naturalization - No Acknowledgement Recei

Post by egoneo » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:18 pm

not to worry, i applied on the same day and only had fees deducted yesterday, i have also not received an acknowledgement yet. Your fees should probably be deducted as well in the next couple of days

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:24 pm

You will need to be a bit patient. There would have been a lot of applications before the fee increase on 6th April so it is likely that there is a bit of a backlog and with Easter weekend in between.

Why didn't you apply through NCS as I advised you previously?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Seena

Post by Seena » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:09 am

Hi CR001, Thanks for your prompt reply as always...

My husband has no idea of immigration related issues and I don't know much either. So I just filled up the application form and sent it. Let's see how it would go.

Thanks again for your help...

Gesh
Newly Registered

Post by Gesh » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:55 pm

A real Nightmare!I applied on 06.07.2015 and The fee was taken on 17.07.2015 and tomorrow will be 3 months no acknowledgement letter.I have sent probably 10-15 emails and 2 letters because they say it takes 2-4 weeks to acknowledge....
Its really affecting my life.I can't sleep well and ect.After putting so much time and effort into it and someone on the other side not bothered to do their job...
Anyone any tips or suggestions.I'd appreciate any info.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:11 pm

Gesh wrote:A real Nightmare!I applied on 06.07.2015 and The fee was taken on 17.07.2015 and tomorrow will be 3 months no acknowledgement letter.I have sent probably 10-15 emails and 2 letters because they say it takes 2-4 weeks to acknowledge....
Its really affecting my life.I can't sleep well and ect.After putting so much time and effort into it and someone on the other side not bothered to do their job...
Anyone any tips or suggestions.I'd appreciate any info.
My wife's case took just over 4 months to be processed.
During that time we received no acknowledgement nor communications whatsoever from HO.
(This was just before the biometrics requirement was introduced so there was no biometrics letter).

All you can do is believe it is in the system, believe it is not lost, believe you will hear in due course.

Sending letters & mails to a non-responsive agency only compounds your worries;
you will then start to worry there is a 'conspiracy of silence' when there's no sign of a reply to those missives either.

Be assured HO will be in touch if they have any follow up query about your application.

Best things to do: breathe, relax, sit tight, wait.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.