ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry Clearence from India - urgent help needed

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

paulmat555
Newly Registered

Entry Clearence from India - urgent help needed

Post by paulmat555 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:36 pm

Dear Friends,

I am on a dependent ( student dependent ) visa currently which runs out this month...
I'm based in UK and have successfully got my work permit approved. I need to go to india for my entry clearance. I used to take 4 working day so i had booked my tickets accordingly.
However, in the new entry clearance procedure i've been informed that it would take atleast 15 working days ( 4 weeks approx by the time i'm back), but my employer would'nt grant me leave for that long. I'm caught in a dillemma now..... is there any way my employer can use his solicitor ( thru whom i got my work permit ) to speed up this process in india.
Apparently they require all the documents that i had submitted for my original application once again for EC. This includes my personal & company info..
Any advices...??? please share ur experience and valuable suggestions.
Thanks
Paul

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:44 am

Dear Paul:

I was in the same situation till yesterday...

ONce you apply for visa 4weeks or 15working days is not mandatory... it can take between this time...

If all your documents are perfect and complete information is provided; They will do the enquiry through the Integrascreen more details abt it can be found at www.vfs-uk.co.in

If all the enquiries are done without hurdles than it may take 5-8working days...

Luck is also required when i applied the embassy was closed for 1week so i lost that time u r lucky in this..

may be u can ask your employer for more time but it is entirely in the hands of the UK Consulate in india..

I was told my passport was couriered, waiting for the result... fingers crossed and lots of tension.. as usual... this is not the end of life we know that...

Anyway... Good luck with your visa..

regards
ramesh