ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Older lives cases unit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Walker67

Re: Older lives cases unit

Post by Walker67 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:22 am

@lankool
The grounds of refusal are same as others. 'we donot belive what you say,we donot belive the proof you have given.'
That is the universal ground of refusal for all asylum case home office refuses.
I have spoken with my solicitor. Fight till end
I thought my case was finished after fisrt interview refusal but i have have brought it till here 4 years i fighting with them alone but now i have solicitor involved amd i hope he can do better.
Thanks

lankool86
Newly Registered

Post by lankool86 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:46 am

Walker67 wrote:@lankool
The grounds of refusal are same as others. 'we donot belive what you say,we donot belive the proof you have given.'
That is the universal ground of refusal for all asylum case home office refuses.
I have spoken with my solicitor. Fight till end
I thought my case was finished after fisrt interview refusal but i have have brought it till here 4 years i fighting with them alone but now i have solicitor involved amd i hope he can do better.
Thanks

@walker67,
I'm so sorry to hear that..hopefully something good will still come out..by the way I did not know yours was under d bases of asylum..mines is I am still in university and got a semester more to go.but they've been turnin me down since December 2011 until ingot the questionnaire in October last year which they're still considering.

Also, as at Monday dat just passed, when I went to sign on at their office in London Bridge, I was called inside to show them all my medications as indicated in the questionnaire(with hospital and GP letters) which they read cos I have severe medical conditions and was given a different unusual type of reporting document which I never have been issued to me before since I started signing on in September 2012... I was told that hopefully next month(may) they will make a decision by then....

Walker67

Post by Walker67 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:45 am

That is the new format of same reporting paper.they have just changed its format.or may b it has something new according to medical condition.when i went reporting this week they issued two people woth new reporting doc and it was new
format.my case started from asylum and is still same base but i m trying to persuade them that i have established a life here now.a few years ago some one win case from home office just because he goes to gym and is a member of a club.so judge said he has private life.when i went hearing in front of judge in 2011 she said i do have a private life but it is not to such extent to grant status to live in uk.that was 2011 and now that private life is to such extent where it is not applicable for a person to remove from uk.thats what i m fighting for now.every thing i did before was on my own.all submissons all case prepration.now solicitor is doing everything.
Thanks.i wish everyone good luck as at the end its all a matter of luck.

lankool86
Newly Registered

Post by lankool86 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:47 pm

Walker67 wrote:That is the new format of same reporting paper.they have just changed its format.or may b it has something new according to medical condition.when i went reporting this week they issued two people woth new reporting doc and it was new
format.my case started from asylum and is still same base but i m trying to persuade them that i have established a life here now.a few years ago some one win case from home office just because he goes to gym and is a member of a club.so judge said he has private life.when i went hearing in front of judge in 2011 she said i do have a private life but it is not to such extent to grant status to live in uk.that was 2011 and now that private life is to such extent where it is not applicable for a person to remove from uk.thats what i m fighting for now.every thing i did before was on my own.all submissons all case prepration.now solicitor is doing everything.
Thanks.i wish everyone good luck as at the end its all a matter of luck.
@walker67,
So someone was given on grounds of private life cos he was a member of gym club..that really sounds a bit ridiculous to be honest...wen I went to my JR oral hearin last year October, despite the fact I'm still a student and attended uni,had letters from university,MP, uncles and aunties and friends who are all British and from a charity organisation as wellI where i work in and a member of(Salvation Army) the judge didn't count that as private life. My conclusion is that it depends on the caseworker or judge who looks at ones case, if nice den u get but if horrible bastard den d person will b refused...

Also, in regards to the new reporting doc I was given after the evidence of d medications I use daily, it states that 'you are a person who is liable to be detained because: A) you are a person without leave who has been served with a notice of liability to removal B) or you are person where there is reasonable suspicion that you may be liable to removal from the UK...The one that was checked/ticked against me was the option A....

Deewani
Canada

Post by Deewani » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:50 pm

U had letter and other documents.....u shud have kept a CaT.... That does engage right to private n family life...:-(

Walker67

Post by Walker67 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:03 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... s-GYM.html

And yes cat idea is good.it has worked for someone before.

lankool86
Newly Registered

Post by lankool86 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:02 pm

Hi guys,
To those who had a questionnaire last year,(2014),I was told at the reporting centre in London Bridge by the officer who attended to me that such questionnaire is a human rights application...I was told my case would be decided next month(May 2015)):

Questionnaire sent: October 2014.
Application completed and was received: November 2014.
Normal processing time:2-6months(hinted by an insider whose a case owner) but can take longer depending on case....

Thanks.

Deewani
Canada

Post by Deewani » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:55 pm

Can you kindly explain wht u mean by questionnaire? Do u mean OLCU requesting photos ? Thanks

lankool86
Newly Registered

Post by lankool86 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:18 pm

Deewani wrote:Can you kindly explain wht u mean by questionnaire? Do u mean OLCU requesting photos ? Thanks
@Deewani,
The 5 paged questionnaire I received last year October,I do not think its from OLCU because the address on there wasn't from OLCU...its from: capita case management team, Capita business services, P.O box 3468, Sheffield S3 8WA(telephone number 0114 2072305)..in the covering letter, I was given a new case ID number but my HO Ref number still remains the same..it contains 17 sections but very short questions and it's just a 5 paged questionnaire...

The covering letter thus state: LETTER WAS DATED 14TH OCTOBER 2014
CURRENT CIRMCUSTANCES: We are in the process of reviewing your case and would be grateful if you could complete the attached form to provide us with an update to your current circumstances. This information will help in assessing your case.

Please return the form in the prepaid envelope(enclosed) within 14days from the date of this letter. If we do not receive the returned form within this timeframe, your case will be assessed on the information held on the home office records.

Section 1: about you and where you live
Section 2: legal representations contacts:
Section 3: about your spouse or partner
Section 4: dependant children
Section 5: your dependent relatives
Section 6: other relatives in the UK (yes/no), full names relationship to u, date of birth, adds, immigration status, any contacts with them(yes/no)
Section 7: close family and relatives outside the UK(Yes/no)
Section 8: you/ family medical conditions
Section 9: pregnancy
Section 10: your current doctor(GP)
Section 11: Your employment and work experience
Section 12: educational qualifications
Section 13: how do you support yourself(and family) financially
Section 14: criminal conviction or caution
Section 15: any other information
Section 16: assisted voluntary return; have u received info about assisted voluntary return?(yes/no)
Section 17: declaration
Continuation sheet:Please state the section number and list any additional information

NOTE: there was no passport photo requested..

lankool86
Newly Registered

Post by lankool86 » Sun May 03, 2015 12:47 am

@ Deewani & Others,

Do you think the above is the ukba legacy case questionnaire form??

Everyone's inputs and response will be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Lagan
Newly Registered

Post by Lagan » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:07 pm

hi everyone i am new here but i sort of received the a similar letter from OLCU Team 2 requesting photos and birth certs last month and i have heard nothing from them, my case started 2010 refused asylum,put in a further sub 2013 confirmed receiving, and never had a responce until now that they have asked for photos,old passports expired or not and birth certs for my 2 children, does anyone know or heard of possible outcomes of this?

Lagan
Newly Registered

Post by Lagan » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:19 pm

@ Deewani: hello there have you heard from HO regarding the photos you sent?

Deewani
Canada

Post by Deewani » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:25 pm

No....we havent heard anything yet...did u receive that from liverpool or ur local reporting place?
How long hav u been here, that would give an idea...if u meet any immigration rule...sometimes...its a positive sign and sometimes its for preparing travel documents....varies by case

Lagan
Newly Registered

Post by Lagan » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:56 pm

mine came from OLCU Team 2 Liverpool

it reads:Please send photographs and identity documents within 5 working days upon reception of this letter.we will be unable to complete your clients case until requested information has been submitted

Lagan
Newly Registered

Post by Lagan » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:00 pm

mine came from OLCU 21 Admin team 2

they said please send photographs and identity documents within 5 days upon receiving this letter.we will be unable to complete your clients case until the requested information has been submitted.

Lagan
Newly Registered

Post by Lagan » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:22 pm

and i have been here for 8 years just

Deewani
Canada

Post by Deewani » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:41 pm

N do u have family? Or just urself

Lagan
Newly Registered

Post by Lagan » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:49 pm

i have a 3 and a half year old and a 2 year old,and ofcoz i live with my wife,but about 3 years ago they tried to start a process of deporting me,by asking me to fill a form that will give HO the right to apply for passports for myself and my family i refused to sign, then they contacted my embassy they told them that it is up to me to register my children to to my country as they were born here they are not considered as their citizens,and they told HO to give me the registration forms which they did and i didn't sign them also,

Lagan
Newly Registered

Post by Lagan » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:54 pm

So apparently HO can never register my children with my embassy without my consent, my embassy has made it clear to them that they don't recognise my children.

Lagan
Newly Registered

Post by Lagan » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:15 pm

I hope we all get our stays and move on with our lives,and i hope this is not another attempt to remove me as they still haven't given me an answer to my further submissions..

Deewani
Canada

Post by Deewani » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:31 pm

Dont worry....even if they refuse now...u will get right of appeal...so u still have that option availble in case dey refuse ur last application....all we can do is hope for the best

Life.seeker
Newly Registered

Post by Life.seeker » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:09 am

Hi dears
In 2 months ago I had a letter from OLCU asking for four photos passport size for me and my family and a copy of identity card or copy of passport valed or expiret or Birthday certificate got date and place of birth and they said at the end of the letter we need these documents to complete your case is it normal and they need these documents to submit them in my file ? or is leave to remain?

I look forward to hearing from you soon

Best wishes

Lagan
Newly Registered

Post by Lagan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:46 pm

Postby Life.seeker » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:09 am

Hi dears
In 2 months ago I had a letter from OLCU asking for four photos passport size for me and my family and a copy of identity card or copy of passport valed or expiret or Birthday certificate got date and place of birth and they said at the end of the letter we need these documents to complete your case is it normal and they need these documents to submit them in my file ? or is leave to remain?

I look forward to hearing from you soon

Best wishes

we are all in the same boat my friend,i was sent that very same letter also, from what i am hearing it can mean anything. Granting or refusing,but lets hope for the best. The fact is every case has its own merits.

Life.seeker
Newly Registered

Post by Life.seeker » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:17 am

Dear Lagan

Have you heard anything yet ?

You said that you have been 8 years in UK I'm closer to you I have been 6 years ago in UK and I don't have kids or even wife I don't know if many people have received this letter is it something normal or what is going on
I wish the best for everyone we've had enough

Deewani
Canada

Post by Deewani » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:33 am

Its a normal process...many families with children were asked for photos... But still got refused even after doing biometrics. Its done to make sure they have updated photos to either grant leave or where dey refuse an application... Prepare for travel documents for Removal....dey decide according to appendix fm...eg been here for 20 years...half f ur life or childs been here for 7 years....and if ones lucky dey can grant you if u dont meet dis criteria...and can refuse you even if you meet dis criteria.

Best f luck