ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Salary Requirements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

karthikeya9

ILR Salary Requirements

Post by karthikeya9 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:03 pm

Hello Friends,

Apologies for being naive, but I have few questions regarding my situation. I am going for my ILR in month of May under T1(G) category

1. I am planning to consider 1-Apr-2014 till 31-Mar-2015 for 12 consecutive months earnings criteria, hope this is fine?
2. In the month of Nov 2014 being a Ltd. company director, I paid myself Gross salary instead of Net, and on the very day I realised the mistake and returned the difference amount back to business account, making the salary as Net (very stupid mistake :cry: ). I am asking my Accountant to explain this in the letter, which will be given to me. Also I am planning to consider only dividend for Nov 2014 (dividends distributed monthly), but not salary. Hope not considering Nov 2014 is fine for the 12 month criteria and also reduces the complexity of the situation. Any advice on this is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Karth

kkr_2010
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Salary Requirements

Post by kkr_2010 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:55 pm

I am showing salary only from Mar 2014 to Nov 2014 (Permanent Job) - getting enough points for ILR and prefer to opt out showing Ltd company earnings since I have not taken any salary or Dividend in Dec 2014. My appointment is on 2nd week of May.

It should be fine to show earnings from April 2014 to March 2015 in your case and to be on the safer side please keep last 3 months bank statements to cover Section 5 in SET(o) form. I am also keeping the same just incase required.

Any inputs please?

karthikeya9

Post by karthikeya9 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:38 am

Thanks kkr, that clarifies my first point.

Can someone please advice me on the second point?

If I don't consider Nov 2014 salary (even though I have been paid) for the 12 month calculation, will that be fine?

Apr-14 £NNN
May-14 £NNN
Jun-14 £NNN
Jul-14 £NNN
Aug-14 £NNN
Sep-14 £NNN
Oct-14 £NNN
Nov-14 £0 (I don't want to complicate my case and hence will consider only dividend for this month but will show salary as 0 even though I have been paid)
Dec-14 £NNN
Jan-15 £NNN
Feb-15 £NNN
Mar-15 £NNN

Thanks,
Karth

karthikeya9

Post by karthikeya9 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:58 am

Kindly advice me please, Anybody..

megatop

Post by megatop » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:24 pm

I am no expert in this area.. just my humble 2 paise worth..

I feel you should be alright.

1. You qualify for the points even without taking into account the Salary for Nov 14.
2. The accountant mentions that this was a mistake but has been taken care of.
3. You still are omitting the entry to be on the safer side.

The case worker will be interested (well, mostly) in the items you highlight. Its another story that after looking at my bank stmt, I was questioned about a payment to Star tours and how was the trip etc. Not sure if she was trying to find out if it was a legit trip.

When I went for my extn in 2013, I made a similar mistake by paying myself the previous year's salary figures (this was for April). I paid the rest of the salary as a second payment into my personal account. I got this confirmed by the accountant and it all went well.

Karthik

karthikeya9

Post by karthikeya9 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:57 pm

megatop wrote:I am no expert in this area.. just my humble 2 paise worth..

I feel you should be alright.

1. You qualify for the points even without taking into account the Salary for Nov 14.
2. The accountant mentions that this was a mistake but has been taken care of.
3. You still are omitting the entry to be on the safer side.

The case worker will be interested (well, mostly) in the items you highlight. Its another story that after looking at my bank stmt, I was questioned about a payment to Star tours and how was the trip etc. Not sure if she was trying to find out if it was a legit trip.

When I went for my extn in 2013, I made a similar mistake by paying myself the previous year's salary figures (this was for April). I paid the rest of the salary as a second payment into my personal account. I got this confirmed by the accountant and it all went well.
Thank you megatop. Your response has eased my burden.

So omitting the Nov14 salary and just taking dividends does not break my 12 consecutive months criteria. Is this correct?

megatop

Post by megatop » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:19 pm

Yes. 12 months is the maximum consecutive period you can show earnings for. It is up to you to choose which ones you want to show. In fact a friend of mine had to qualify just based on the Dividends though he had salary for all the months. Cant remember the exact scenario though.

And since you have this error confirmed by the accountant as well for safety, I believe you will be alright. I would still leave it to people who have seen more cases like this to comment.

Karthik

karthikeya9

Post by karthikeya9 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:32 am

Thank you megatop