ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Fees to increase from 6th April 2015?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

punitsurana
India

Re: ILR Fees to increase from 6th April 2015?

Post by punitsurana » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:56 pm

Correct - apply before 6th and you pay the old fees irrespective of when you get your slot.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:22 pm

I wonder if you book before 6 April 2015 and then change the appointment date to a later one say in late May/early June, would you still be under the old fee's.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

shriakhilesh

Post by shriakhilesh » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:51 pm

I am looking forward to send my application by post. The application form (Set O) shows fee as 1093 and I have selected debit card as my payment option. By what date should I post the application so that I have to pay the current fee of 1093.

Also for a person booking premium appointment, should the category selected if he is the main ILR applicat through tier 2 route be : --> Set O --> Other Main Applicant ??

meratier1

Post by meratier1 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:41 am

Hi "punitsurana",

First of all very well done in calling HO and sharing information with us. I have also gone through threads and we're clear that if PEO appointment is booked before 6th April for any later date in April. We will pay only the old fee which is good.

For form, it is still little bit unclear when you say

"I also asked her about the form and the transition applies to that as well. So whatever form is available currently should be treated as latest."

So if I booked for 30th April then on 30th April latest form will be the one changed on 6th April with increased fee so did they say that you can use that form with old paid fee online?
OR
You mean to say when you book the appointment and pay fee becomes your application date and you can use the form available at that date irrespective of the fact that updated form has come after that?

Regards
meratier1

meratier1

Post by meratier1 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:40 pm

Hi Punitsurana,

Can you please let me know what do you think about my query depending upon your discussion with HO in your call.

Regards
meratier1

shriakhilesh

Post by shriakhilesh » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:09 am

I am planning to apply for ILR by postal application by the end of next week. When is the latest when I should send my application by post so that I have to pay the old fee?? Does this mean that they should have started processing the application by 6th april to accept it on old fee ?

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:19 pm

shriakhilesh wrote:I am planning to apply for ILR by postal application by the end of next week. When is the latest when I should send my application by post so that I have to pay the old fee?? Does this mean that they should have started processing the application by 6th april to accept it on old fee ?
The day of posting your application is considered as the date of application.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:21 pm

meratier1 wrote:Hi Punitsurana,

Can you please let me know what do you think about my query depending upon your discussion with HO in your call.

Regards
meratier1
Just use the latest form at the time available. Even if you did pay the old fees, you will be taking your payment confirmation to the PEO appointment and you can leave the payment information on the form blank (since fees are already paid) and fill in the rest of the form as usual

meratier1

Post by meratier1 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:13 pm

Thanks WR1. Makes sense.

UpToDate

Post by UpToDate » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:09 pm

AcrossBorders

Post by AcrossBorders » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:21 pm

I can see on the PEO website there are appointment dates available even in May 2015.

I'm guessing this old fee rule should still apply? if booked before the 6th April.

Neluism
Newly Registered

Post by Neluism » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:20 am

Hi,

Just to verify that I'm reading this right....

If my wife is on here on a spousal visa and is applying for ILR, there should be no increase in fees ? Her application was submitted 6 weeks ago but we have just received a letter stating that the fee is now £ 1,500 even though we paid the exorbitant £ 1,093 6 weeks ago.

Ta,

Nel

WR1

Post by WR1 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:25 pm

Has the fee deducted from your account?

If you submitted your application 6 weeks ago which would have been around beginning of March then you are not liable to pay the extra fee increase as the time of submission you are only liable for the fee at the time. I assume you sent the application by recorded or special delivery and have details when the Home Office received the application.

A number of people have applied for PEO before 6 April 2015 for an appointment date after 6 April 2015 and they were not asked to pay anything extra (some have even had their appointment with no issues)

I would contact the Home Office directly and explain the situation. Could be an error of their part.

AcrossBorders

Post by AcrossBorders » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:00 pm

Are they just informing you the fee change as of 6th of April or are they requesting payment again?

Type the words of the letter here if you are unsure.