ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

british dependant spouse visa for my wife from India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gurru123
Newly Registered

british dependant spouse visa for my wife from India

Post by gurru123 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:53 pm

All,

I am getting married in August and would soon apply for family visa for my wife I am UK citizen and would like to know about Housing documents to show.

I am currently single and live in a shared accommodation , its a 4 bed property an currently me and landlord live there , I have no utility bills in my name apart from my bank statement, driving licence, Mobile phone bill registered with the address as a proof.

secondly I have contract until end of October which I cannot break to get a new house otherwise I would loose heavily on my deposit.

Can I show in my application that current house can accommodate me and wife and I will soon be moving into private tenant ( 1bedroom or two bedroom) house soon when this contract finishes.

If so how do I do it in terms of paper work , please help with advice .

Rayking

Re: british dependant spouse visa for my wife from India

Post by Rayking » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:53 pm

Living with landlord doesn't give you security of tenure,that means he can tell you to move out anytime? You need at least shorthold tenancy agreement of 6months. If he lives in the same house,I doubt he can give you that. If you can get it sorted,fine otherwise you'll need a new place.
Secondly, you'll need housing inspection report because it's a shared house and you need to prove it's not overcrowded.
So,you need tenancy agreement, inspection report and a letter from your landlord that your wife is allowed to stay in the house. You don't need any bill or council tax.
You can't just tell them,you'll need to prove it with documents.

gurru123
Newly Registered

Post by gurru123 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:02 pm

Thank you RayKing

I already have a tenancy contract until October 2015 so it's security tenure ? and landlord has agreed to give a letter of No objection for my wife to stay when she arrives.

Also current house is three bedroom house with two extra rooms not including toilets and Spam, I guess this will be sufficient for three people.

the thing is I will be applying for visa on September second week, so looking at the timeline by the time she arrives in the UK to live with me it will be November and I would have moved out and rented my own.

Its just that I am looking to avoid the cost of renting it early in July and save losing the deposit and my current place. If I explain this also along with documents in a covering letter do you think it will be ok for the entry clearance officer .

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:00 pm

I'm afraid your explanation alone can't do it,you've got to back up your explanations with documents. I think it's possible, what type of tenancy agreement have you got? You might need inspection report as I said earlier, it's a shared house and the eco might want to know it's not going to be overcrowded.