ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Elderly Dependent, Please guide

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yhdil

Elderly Dependent, Please guide

Post by yhdil » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:51 pm

Hi fellows,

can anyone please assist me on following issue.

I hold ILR status and my wife is on FLR (M) and we have British Citizen Son.

Can I sponsor my mother in law (Wife's mother) to live with us? if so, do we need to meet any particular criteria?

My mother in law is widow having 63 years of age. She has only two daughters; both are married. Her other daughter lives in Canada and my mother in law spent last 2 years in Canada on visitor status. But now we wish her to live with us.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Elderly Dependent, Please guide

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:11 pm

Virtually impossible to get a visa like this since they changed the rules in July 2012 and made it very hard. We have only heard of perhaps 3-4 approvals since July 2012.

This is the criteria to be met and even then there is no guarantee of visa being granted.

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/eligibility
Coming to be cared for - you’re an adult dependent relative

You must be dependent on a parent, grandchild, brother, sister, son or daughter of someone living permanently in the UK.

You must prove that:

you need long-term care to do everyday personal and household tasks
the care you need is not available or affordable in the country you live in
the person you’ll be joining in the UK will be able to support, accommodate and care for you without claiming public funds for at least 5 years
you’re 18 or over
The UK does not permit chain migration. If you choose to apply and pay the massive visa fees, including the NHS Surcharge of £1000 (£200 per year for 5 years payable upfront), and the visa is refused, the likehood of obtaining a visitor visa in future is zero as the intention to settle will be known.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.