ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Isn't it unfair???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zahidhsmp

Isn't it unfair???

Post by zahidhsmp » Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:41 am

Yesterday one of my friends got approval for HSMP. He applied I think in the first week of november and got decision in only a couple of weeks. He dont have any job offer. Isn't it unfair that HSMP team is processing out of turn applications. Even if they have to train some new case workers why are they not giving them the applications that are in queue. Someone earlier here said that they are giving new case workers the cases that are pretty straigh forward. But I dont think my friend's case was more straight forward than mine as I myself have helped him to prepare the application. So what HO people are doing is totally unfair as lot of people are waiting since long and they are processing lot of out of turn applications :evil:

Regards

Alagomeji

Post by Alagomeji » Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:26 am

I agree. It's absolutely unfair. But life is not fair. I applied in June, and I have waited this long, so bro, just keep your fingers crossed, and keep waiting.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:58 am

No idea on what basis they are doing it. First we thought they were processing out of turn for incountry applicants. Now a couple of overseas applicants have been processed out of turn too.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:40 am

I too agree that it is rather unfair. I wouldn’t want to begrudge anyone of their success/ ‘luck’ in getting their case looked at early but It really is frustrating for someone who applied in May/June to hear that someone who applied in November has had their application approved. Whether it is for training purposes or because the case is ‘straightforward’ it doesn’t matter preference should be given to those who applied first. And I don’t buy into this ‘straightforward’ case business, my point would be one wont know if the case is straightforward until you get stuck into it, maybe I am wrong but in anycase there plenty of ‘straight forward case from may/june/july etc. anyway fingers crossed that Wednesday update is a reflection of the speed that they are working on now. Cant wait for Mondays update, hope it will be good news for everyone

gunjans

Post by gunjans » Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:36 am

This is really shocking that they r picking up appl from out of turn. Even from one of the topics in this board """Got Email......they requested additional docs...""" i saw that they picked appl from Aug and Sep slot, which is really unfair.

And talking about priority, I am Physiotherapist (Doctor) from India and my appl is of 23rd Jun (Ref No: 212xx) but still it's not alloted to a caseworker.
So, i wonder what kinda priority and selection procedures are they really following.
Alagomeji
Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:56 am Post subject:
I agree. It's absolutely unfair. But life is not fair. I applied in June, and I have waited this long, so bro, just keep your fingers crossed, and keep waiting.
Hi Alagomeji,

When did u actually applied in June as our no's should be near around.

TC.[/quote]

EdgeHillMole

Post by EdgeHillMole » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:23 am

Gunjans,

Sorry, am not too familiar with the qualifications for Physiotherapists. Does the occupation require at least 4 years of medical school plus internship and residency within your particular specialty? If so, I'm not at all sure why you wouldn't have fallen within the doctor category of HSMP apps.
PROUD to be part of the 2008 European Capital of Culture

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: Isn't it unfair???

Post by f2k » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:40 am

zahidhsmp wrote:Yesterday one of my friends got approval for HSMP. He applied I think in the first week of november and got decision in only a couple of weeks. He dont have any job offer. Isn't it unfair that HSMP team is processing out of turn applications. Even if they have to train some new case workers why are they not giving them the applications that are in queue. Someone earlier here said that they are giving new case workers the cases that are pretty straigh forward. But I dont think my friend's case was more straight forward than mine as I myself have helped him to prepare the application. So what HO people are doing is totally unfair as lot of people are waiting since long and they are processing lot of out of turn applications :evil:

Regards
what profession is your friend in. is he based in pakistan as yourself? and when did you apply

zahidhsmp

Post by zahidhsmp » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:08 am

He is from IT( I am also an IT professional).
Yes he is based in Pakistan.
My application reached HO on 7th June 2004 and payment was deducted on 8th June

Regards

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:20 am

Rather unfortunate that they have handpicked days to process applications, I think with the amount of time they have used while processing these cases had they just continued with the queue they would probably be close to reaching your case right now. Anyway if Wednesday’s ‘update’ was ‘real’ and a true reflection of the pace they are now moving at, it will be interesting to see what todays one will be, and with any luck they will be in June and closer to your date. It could be just a couple of weeks b3 they get to yours , good luck

zahidhsmp

Post by zahidhsmp » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:21 am

Thanx f2k :D

Regards

Alagomeji

Post by Alagomeji » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:46 am

Alagomeji
Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:56 am Post subject:
Hi Alagomeji,

When did u actually applied in June as our no's should be near around.

TC.[/quote][/quote]

Hey Gunjans, I think my date is somewhat closer than yours My application is dated june 1 with reference number 0195xx

I also notice there hasn't been any update on the site, so I guess we just have to keep waiting, and keep hoping.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, BUT UNBOWED

INVICTUS ; William Ernest Henley. 1849–1903

afzalasm

Post by afzalasm » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:35 am

Zahid

Here u can find answer on ur q.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=2186

Its kind of they use some new case worker and give them a practice job in more cases for in-country and u know any new person can also pick any overseas file so ur friend must be lucky.

Rgds,
Afzal
Regards,
Afzal

gunjans

Post by gunjans » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:50 am

Julia9CA

Gunjans,

Sorry, am not too familiar with the qualifications for Physiotherapists. Does the occupation require at least 4 years of medical school plus internship and residency within your particular specialty? If so, I'm not at all sure why you wouldn't have fallen within the doctor category of HSMP apps.
Yes, it's 4,5 yrs of medical school plus internship and residency. Still the have not considered it. Infact, i wrote them twice that i am a Physiotherapist and getting lot of offers but they need face to face so nothing concrete is coming up, then also they did not take any consideration.

gunjans

Post by gunjans » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:03 am

What Home office is doing....... last-to-last week they updated the site with 7 days, which was very blooming and everybd was very happy and now for last week they worked for application for ONLY ONE DAY this is very strange.

EdgeHillMole

Post by EdgeHillMole » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:36 am

Gunjans,
Yes, it's 4,5 yrs of medical school plus internship and residency. Still the have not considered it. Infact, i wrote them twice that i am a Physiotherapist and getting lot of offers but they need face to face so nothing concrete is coming up, then also they did not take any consideration.
Wow, I am so sorry. This is the first time I have heard of the long 6-10 month wait happening to a doctor. If a doctor, the topmost urgency category, can't get through the queue..... :?
PROUD to be part of the 2008 European Capital of Culture

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:34 pm

Gunjans,

I am a bit suprised because I know at least 5 NHS doctors who have got their HSMP after having applied in Oct-Nov. Being an expartriate (Bangalore anyone? 8) ), you do tend to meet people from your own country or community and I met a couple of them last week.
Infact they have now posted how easy it is to get HSMP on their website, so that other doctors can benefit from this (it basically gives them an ILR in 4 years for which they had been resigned to wait for 10 years).

All of them where already here, having cleared their PLAB in the UK, working and earning UK salaries for over 12 months. I guess thats what makes it easier for them.

gunjans

Post by gunjans » Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:35 am

Thankz Mwazir for ur kind gesture,

Can u plz let me know the website address where it is given.

Also can u bit elobrate ur experiience and understanding from ur doctor friend (if u can provide mail-id of ne 1)

the bottom line is, can u help me in getting my cases done.

TIA,
Gunjan

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:26 am

Me and that particular friend of mine where both pondering over our immigration status and he was lamenting that he has a long wait ( 8 more years) before he can get ILR and thats when I mentioned HSMP. We pretty much applied around the same time while his application took 2 weeks, mine took 8. He is working for a hospital here for a while now. Needless to say he was quite escatic and told some of his other expatriate friends, all of whom duely got approval.

I will find out the website details from him and post it on this forum.