ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Workpermit to workpermit holder

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

veji99
Newly Registered

Dependant Workpermit to workpermit holder

Post by veji99 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:32 am

Currently in the UK as a dependent (spouse) work Permit holder.

Got Work Permit approved and the letter from Home Office suggested should apply for leave to remain by filling in form FLR (IED). However, this application has been rejected saying as a dependent to a Work Permit holder, cannot be granted a leave to remain or to enter!

any advise in this regard? Kindly respond and please guide as to what needs to be done now.

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:30 pm

You can check the ind.gov.uk site for further guidance about "in-country switching" to be sure, there is a list of visa categories that are not allowed to switch in country, I know for a fact that HSMP dependents can't so I wouldn't be surprised if the same is true for WP dependents. You may therefore need to go back to your home country to apply for entry clearance..
'In everything give thanks'

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:49 pm

OFCHARITY wrote:You can check the ind.gov.uk site for further guidance about "in-country switching" to be sure, there is a list of visa categories that are not allowed to switch in country, I know for a fact that HSMP dependents can't so I wouldn't be surprised if the same is true for WP dependents. You may therefore need to go back to your home country to apply for entry clearance..
The above is true but in addition, the employer needs to get the In-Country work permit approval changed to Out of Country WP.
Praise The Lord!!!!