ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Options after Stamp4eufam expires

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

freakish187
Newly Registered

Options after Stamp4eufam expires

Post by freakish187 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:35 am

hi i would appreciate if someone could help with the options available after my stamp4eufam finished on 6th of May 2015...

i know my wife since 2007 but got married in december 2008 and i was issued stamp4eufam for 5 years, which expires next month..we are separated since october 2010 but never applied for divorce since we both didn't want to remarry.

we also have a daughter who is 5 years old and an irish citizen...my wife is from poland and i'm from pakistan. We both live and work in dublin and our daughter goes to school here as well...i would like to seek advise on what options do i have after my visa expires..I was thinking of the following..

1. Apply for "retention of rights" by filling EU5 form but the problem with that is they only accept if we were divorced or in the process of it or our marriage was annulled and not separation.

2. Applying as a parent of an Irish citizen, as my daughter is irish citizen and i'm playing an active role in her life. But i'm not sure how to go about this process or if it is appropriate in my case?

3. Apply for citizenship through Naturalization as i've been resident here now for more than 5 years.. again i'm not sure if that's applicable to me with such short time left till my visa expires?

Also if i apply for any of these options would i be issued a temporary visa while my case is in process so that i can continue work??

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

stanakines

Re: Options after Stamp4eufam expires

Post by stanakines » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:42 am

I am in the same situation than you Freakish my stamp 4 EU due to my parents. They left Ireland for the UK 2 years ago and i wanted to stay due to works, my stamp is expiring the end of May but i applied for naturalization 2 months ago which is the best option in long term.

I already received my first acknowledgment month ago and had to send few more documents which receipt i had 3 days ago.

I did like you for a retention EU5 in case my stamp expires.

freakish187
Newly Registered

Post by freakish187 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:30 pm

hi i will apply for naturalization in few months as you said its the best option in the long term...

and i can't apply for EU5 cause we are not divorced and they don't accept separation as a reason for retention of rights..which is weird.

i'll go to the gnib office and inquire about staying here cause of my daughter as i can't find anything on their website about it...

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Post by Leinsterimmig » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:46 am

freakish187 wrote:hi i would appreciate if someone could help with the options available after my stamp4eufam finished on 6th of May 2015...

i know my wife since 2007 but got married in december 2008 and i was issued stamp4eufam for 5 years, which expires next month..we are separated since october 2010 but never applied for divorce since we both didn't want to remarry.

we also have a daughter who is 5 years old and an irish citizen...my wife is from poland and i'm from pakistan. We both live and work in dublin and our daughter goes to school here as well...i would like to seek advise on what options do i have after my visa expires..I was thinking of the following..

1. Apply for "retention of rights" by filling EU5 form but the problem with that is they only accept if we were divorced or in the process of it or our marriage was annulled and not separation.

2. Applying as a parent of an Irish citizen, as my daughter is irish citizen and i'm playing an active role in her life. But i'm not sure how to go about this process or if it is appropriate in my case?

3. Apply for citizenship through Naturalization as i've been resident here now for more than 5 years.. again i'm not sure if that's applicable to me with such short time left till my visa expires?

Also if i apply for any of these options would i be issued a temporary visa while my case is in process so that i can continue work??

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi there,

You have some good choices as 1. Your EU citizen wife is still in the State and exercising rights which means you still qualify for EU Treaty Rights and 2. You have an Irish child in the child.

If you wish to contact me further about your options, contact me at the email address below.

Regards,

Leinster Immigration
pm me for email address as it's not allowed on the open forum