ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need to submit original passport and BRP?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ferryahmed82

Need to submit original passport and BRP?

Post by ferryahmed82 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:22 am

Hi members

May I know whether we have to submit our original Passport and BRP for naturalisation application or the NCS will make photocopies for both of them?

I'm asking bcz I might need to travel back home because of my father's illness so just confirming whether we will have our original passport and BRP with us so that we can travel easily after submitting our application?

Regards

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Need to submit original passport and BRP?

Post by fwd079 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:36 am

ferryahmed82 wrote:Hi members

May I know whether we have to submit our original Passport and BRP for naturalisation application or the NCS will make photocopies for both of them?

I'm asking bcz I might need to travel back home because of my father's illness so just confirming whether we will have our original passport and BRP with us so that we can travel easily after submitting our application?

Regards
NCS will make photocopies of both and will return originals to you.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

ferryahmed82

Post by ferryahmed82 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:10 am

so means we are able to travel after we have submitted our application?

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:25 am

ferryahmed82 wrote:so means we are able to travel after we have submitted our application?
Yes. But remember now that Biometric is to be given along with application, they will send you a letter after your application, asking you to have your Biometric information taken at nearest post office.
So personally I would delay my plans of travel at least till you have Biometrics taken. After that, I would have someone check my posts regularly in my absence, as when approval comes you'll have 21 days to contact local Council book ceremony, but you can book it for up to three months in advance. Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

ferryahmed82

Post by ferryahmed82 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:53 am

Thanks