ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Saturday PEO Appointments

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hsmp_apr2010

Saturday PEO Appointments

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:52 am

Hi All,

I am trying to book an appointment for Saturday 30th May for Croydon/Solihull but nothing has been released yet. Usually the slots are released 42 days in advance.

How and when are saturday slots released?
Last edited by hsmp_apr2010 on Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Re: Saturday PEO Appointments

Post by haiksuresh » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:54 am

I think all slots are gone. you should try exactly on 18 April 2015 Morning 00.00 am onwards,

Regards,
Suresh

hsmp_apr2010

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:57 am

I don't think so, as on 23rd May (Saturday) slots are still available for the whole day. So I don't think its an issue with availability.
Also I have been trying 42 days in advance at 00:00 midnight with no availability.

hsmp_apr2010

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:51 pm

Anybody who has booked an appointment of Saturday would like to share their experience?

Do HO release slots for every saturday or randomly?

prjose
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by prjose » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:09 pm

When I checked it a couple of times in the last one month I had a feeling that they release only 1-2 weeks date in advance these days, maybe I am wrong.

If you check for the closest dates like a week or two you will see slots whereas if you look for a months date in advance nothing comes up.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:36 pm

Can't comment about Saturday but I booked mine exactly 42 days in advance at 00:10.

So slots are released 42 days in advance.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:24 pm

hsmp_apr2010 wrote:I don't think so, as on 23rd May (Saturday) slots are still available for the whole day. So I don't think its an issue with availability.
Also I have been trying 42 days in advance at 00:00 midnight with no availability.
You might be wrong, 23rd was available because no one booked. But 30th people had booked in advance.. so these were not available...

WR1

Post by WR1 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:22 pm

Lets not forget that Saturday 23rd May forms part of a bank holiday weekend so many people won't want to book a appointment on that particular Saturday as such. Personally, I wouldn't and people do go away for a weekend break so naturally would book the Saturday after (hence the 30th May). Obviously, this is just my opinion, not saying this is the case.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

hsmp_apr2010

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:19 pm

Probably not, appointments for every Saturday available from next week (almost all slots free), so I don't believe their is anything special about 30th May. I think slots will be released closer to the date..

WR1

Post by WR1 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:45 pm

Well, there are appointments showing for 1st June onwards, so 30th May should have been released.

I think there is highly likely that 30th May is fully booked.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sat May 02, 2015 9:00 am

hsmp_apr2010 wrote:Hi All,

I am trying to book an appointment for Saturday 30th May for Croydon/Solihull but nothing has been released yet. Usually the slots are released 42 days in advance.

How and when are saturday slots released?
Did you get your date. I have searched for Saturday 23rd May and there are plenty of slots still available for both Croydon and Solihull.

Also checked the week after on Saturday 6th June and again, slots are all free for both Croydon and Solihull.

However, looking again on Saturday 30th May, there are no slots available at all for both centres. Week before and week after, both Saturdays there are dates available.

I have just extended the search for all 7 premium centres and cannot find a single slot available for Saturday 30 May.

The only conclusion I can come to is that unless there are all gone for all 7 centres ( very unlikely), the PSC's are all shut for some reason on that day.

You will need to look for another date.

hsmp_apr2010

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Sat May 02, 2015 9:48 pm

Thanks WR1. I called the help line and they said that they are understaffed for that particular saturday but I was told that things might change so keep looking... I have booked 1st June at the moment but will reschedule if 30th May is available...

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun May 03, 2015 10:06 am

I can understand if they were understaffed at one of the premium service centres, but there are no dates for all 7 centres. Seems to be too much of a coincidence that they are understaffed for all 7 centres on the same day.

Anyway, hope you get your date. Monday 1st June could be a better option for you as I'm was thinking of booking a Saturday too at Liverpool PSC (saves me booking a date off work) but then i though if the Home Office need to do some verification checks with the application, its better on a weekday as most institutions and government departments such as the HMRC will be open whereas on a weekend, they are shut making it more difficult to verify information. That's not to say applications cannot be approved on a Saturday, but in my opinion, there's a greater chance to verify when everything is open on weekdays.

tier1Reading

Post by tier1Reading » Sat May 09, 2015 3:01 pm

Hi, I just had my ILR approved(will write a separate post for my experience). I overheard that UKVI is off on last Saturday of each month.