ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Visa and SOC

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SYED.ZAIDI

Tier 2 Visa and SOC

Post by SYED.ZAIDI » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:41 pm

i have applied and got the tier 2 general visa back in june 2012 under old rules for SOC applicable until 14th June 2012. SOC 3537 was applicable to me at that time with minimum hourly pay £13.09/hour. now my employer need to assign me CoS and my employer and possibly UKBA employer line team need my SOC again. I know following the changes in SOC back in June 2014 NVQ 4 is no more eligible to apply for tier 2 general visa. so my question is what should i tell them about my SOC? please help.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 Visa and SOC

Post by manci » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:14 pm

you need a new CoS for the extension, and the job SOC code has to be stated in it, but if your current leave was granted under the rules before 14 June 2012 then skill level NQF 4 is acceptable. See para 69 in the T2 policy guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _08-14.pdf

SYED.ZAIDI

Post by SYED.ZAIDI » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:32 pm

dear manci thank for your reply. however i have some more questions

my current leave under tier2 general will expired on 27 June 2015. the previous CoS was expired. they have renewed the current CoS in Jul 2014 but my employer not yet assign it to me. Employer licence will end in May 2016. Current CoS expiry date is 05 April 2015

Does my employer need to assign current CoS to me now? i need to apply for extension in May 2015.

with reference to your answer to my previous question is that fine if my employer stated SOC 3537 (this SOC was stated in my earlier CoS and i was granted leave in June 2012 under old SOC)?

Is there was any change to the minimum salary which relevant to me? it was 13.09/h for 37.5hour/week? so please advised. thank you.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:50 am

SYED.ZAIDI wrote:dear manci thank for your reply. however i have some more questions

my current leave under tier2 general will expired on 27 June 2015. the previous CoS was expired. they have renewed the current CoS in Jul 2014 but my employer not yet assign it to me. Employer licence will end in May 2016. Current CoS expiry date is 05 April 2015

Does my employer need to assign current CoS to me now? i need to apply for extension in May 2015.

with reference to your answer to my previous question is that fine if my employer stated SOC 3537 (this SOC was stated in my earlier CoS and i was granted leave in June 2012 under old SOC)?

Is there was any change to the minimum salary which relevant to me? it was 13.09/h for 37.5hour/week? so please advised. thank you.
Your current leave is valid until June 2015. To extend it a new CoS will be needed and your sponsor should have an unrestricted CoS allocation for it. Sponsors can apply for, and are given, allocations that are valid for 1 year, 6 April to 5 April the following year.

The min. salary currently for job SOC code 3537 is £24,000 for a 39 hour week.

SYED.ZAIDI

Post by SYED.ZAIDI » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:09 pm

Thank you Manci
Also..i have tier2 general visa and want to apply Visa for my new born (born in UK) as dependant. i want to ask which documents should i needed to support the application. please advise asap. thank you.

DEEPAM
United Kingdom

Post by DEEPAM » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:14 am

Hi
my current visa status is tier 2 general which i applied in june 2012 as a scientific officer. i got my extension in 2015 . My code comes under 2119 and the salary requirement is 27000 and it is for 40 hours according to guidance rule? . I am earning monthly gross salary 2071.83 which includes (salary - 1966.83 + Additional pay 105 pounds ) whole to sum up as my annual salary as 24,862 for 35 hours. My additional play is travelling allowance and i get paid every month guaranteed. Am i elgible for extension ?Please help me if i take of that additional pay i will be earning only 23601.96.
I hope my query is clear. If i am elgible for extension, can i get again 3 years to stay or only 2 years.
thanks in advance.
this is first query in this board and felt it quite useful and i thought it might help me as well.
thanks and Regards
deepam

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:19 am

DEEPAM wrote:Hi
my current visa status is tier 2 general which i applied in june 2012 as a scientific officer. i got my extension in 2015 . My code comes under 2119 and the salary requirement is 27000 and it is for 40 hours according to guidance rule?
that is correct

I am earning monthly gross salary 2071.83 which includes (salary - 1966.83 + Additional pay 105 pounds ) whole to sum up as my annual salary as 24,862 for 35 hours. My additional play is travelling allowance and i get paid every month guaranteed.
travel allowance doesn't count as salary, see para 79 in the T2 policy guidance.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _08-14.pdf
Your annual salary is therefore £23,601. The min appropriate salary for a 35 hour week would be 35/40*27000=£23,625 so your salary is a little short of the required amount. Hopefully you will get an increase before your extension is due but you have to watch if the min. salary level is not raised in Apr 15.

Am i elgible for extension ?Please help me if i take of that additional pay i will be earning only 23601.96.
I hope my query is clear. If i am elgible for extension, can i get again 3 years to stay or only 2 years.
thanks in advance.
you are eligible for an extension that will bring your total stay up to 6 years and you can apply for ILR after 5 years. You will need a new CoS for the extension.

this is first query in this board and felt it quite useful and i thought it might help me as well.
thanks and Regards
deepam

DEEPAM
United Kingdom

Post by DEEPAM » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:24 am

hi Manci

thank you so much for your reply. I got a pay rise and also now they added my travelling allowance into main salary.

i will be extending my visa as i am currently on Tier 2 general . My salary requirement is 27000 for 40 hours (SOC 2119). I am working only 35 hours. So if i calculate accordingly , the requied salary is 23625 and i am earning now 24861.96 per annum.But the thing is
when i applied my visa in 2012 we mentioned that the gross salary including guaranteed bonus as below
Gross salary in pound sterling including any allowances and guaranteed
bonuses:
For each: Year
Gross allowances and guaranteed bonuses included in the above figure
in pound sterling:
Summary of all allowances and guaranteed bonuses: Travel assistance

and now it will be when i extend my visa in June 2015

Gross salary in pound sterling including any allowances and guaranteed
bonuses:
For each: Year
Gross allowances and guaranteed bonuses included in the above figure
in pound sterling:
Zero
Summary of all allowances and guaranteed bonuses: No.

Will this change accepted by case worker?

thanks in advance.Sorry to bother you .

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:46 am

the salary package for the extension can be different from what it is for your current visa, this is not a problem as long as new package is within the rules. Depending on when your extension is due watch out for possible increases in the min. salary rates in April 2015

DEEPAM
United Kingdom

Post by DEEPAM » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:17 am

Thank you very much Manci, for your valuable information.

DEEPAM
United Kingdom

Post by DEEPAM » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:04 pm

Hi Manci

I got a query about when i can apply for my visa , once i receive my COS from my company as my visa expires 15th of June 2015.
I am going to use premier service ( same day) . how soon i can go ?

thanks in advance.

Regards
DEEPAM

DEEPAM
United Kingdom

Post by DEEPAM » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:06 am

Hi Manci

can you help with this ? i have got plenty of time but i am looking to book an appointment at PEO centre in advance.So can you please let me know how early i can apply for my visa by premium one day service before my current visa expires?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:29 am

you can apply any time from three months before the start date on your CoS onwards and before your current leave expires

DEEPAM
United Kingdom

Post by DEEPAM » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:57 pm

Hi Manci

as my visa expires on 15th of June 2015 , can i still apply anytime sooner once i got my COS issued. That is if i get a slot for 01/05/2015 one day premium service, can i still go as i have seen for example - ILR -Cannot go prior to 28 days of visa expiry.

sorry for being thick

Regards
Deepam

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:36 pm

you are applying for an extension, not ILR.
See my previous post

DEEPAM
United Kingdom

Post by DEEPAM » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:23 am

Thank you very much Mansi.

1) The reason why i am asking again and again is i got my initial extension of leave for 3 years on Tier 2 general. Am i still going to get 3 years for my extension, Because if they give only 2 years from date of application i will be short of period for my ILR as i am going to apply at the end of April or in the mid of May.

2) i am going to apply soon as i want my husband to be here at earliest possibility. We got married in March 2015. He was a student in uk from 2009 till 2011, where issuing of BRP cards to students started.He went back to india in 2011 and he started working there. Now he is going to apply as my dependent soon i get my extension. During his visa application process, will it be a problem if he haven't got his BRP Card which is issued when he was a student . He couldn't find the card unfortunately. Will it be an issue?

thanks for your patience in answering my queries

Regards
Deepam

DEEPAM
United Kingdom

Post by DEEPAM » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:06 am

Sorry for typing your name in error Manci

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:02 am

DEEPAM wrote:Thank you very much Mansi.

1) The reason why i am asking again and again is i got my initial extension of leave for 3 years on Tier 2 general. Am i still going to get 3 years for my extension, Because if they give only 2 years from date of application i will be short of period for my ILR as i am going to apply at the end of April or in the mid of May.
your new leave will be to the work end date stated in the CoS + 14 days or 6 years from the start date of your initial T2G visa, whichever is sooner.

2) i am going to apply soon as i want my husband to be here at earliest possibility. We got married in March 2015. He was a student in uk from 2009 till 2011, where issuing of BRP cards to students started.He went back to india in 2011 and he started working there. Now he is going to apply as my dependent soon i get my extension. During his visa application process, will it be a problem if he haven't got his BRP Card which is issued when he was a student . He couldn't find the card unfortunately. Will it be an issue?
no, but if asked he should say that it was lost

thanks for your patience in answering my queries

Regards
Deepam

abhilash.speed
Newly Registered

Post by abhilash.speed » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:45 am

Hi,

I currently hold a Tier 2 Visa which expires on 15-04-2016. My current employer sponsored my Visa. I joined as a Quality Control Engineer. Now i am a Project Manager. Pay is not an issue as the employer is willing to retain me.

Earlier i was on a student visa. I have completed my MBA from University of East London. So my entry into UK was Sept 2011.

I just had look at the SOC list and noticed that the SOC code which i used for my Tier 2 Visa is no more on the SOC list.

Next Year when i am due for renewal, what SOC code do i use?

- Regards,

Abhilash

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:06 am

abhilash.speed wrote:Hi,

I currently hold a Tier 2 Visa which expires on 15-04-2016. My current employer sponsored my Visa. I joined as a Quality Control Engineer. Now i am a Project Manager. Pay is not an issue as the employer is willing to retain me.

Earlier i was on a student visa. I have completed my MBA from University of East London. So my entry into UK was Sept 2011.

I just had look at the SOC list and noticed that the SOC code which i used for my Tier 2 Visa is no more on the SOC list.

Next Year when i am due for renewal, what SOC code do i use?
some SOC codes changed, see the current list which also includes the old SOC codes:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... l_2015.pdf

- Regards,

Abhilash

DEEPAM
United Kingdom

Post by DEEPAM » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:53 am

Hi Manci

in relation to my post on April 14 as below
i am going to apply soon as i want my husband to be here at earliest possibility. We got married in March 2015. He was a student in uk from 2009 till 2011, where issuing of BRP cards to students started.He went back to india in 2011 and he started working there. Now he is going to apply as my dependent soon i get my extension. During his visa application process, will it be a problem if he haven't got his BRP Card which is issued when he was a student . He couldn't find the card unfortunately. Will it be an issue?

My husband is going to apply as dependent from india. As we lost the card after its expiry. Do we still have to give poilce compliant ?
the reason why i am asking is there is a BRP section where asking about the details of the BRP card which we havent got . Can you please let us know what i can do ? i mean what we can do in this section? Do we have to keep NO for the question " do you have a BRP" ?
please help us

Regards
deepthi/deepam

DEEPAM
United Kingdom

Post by DEEPAM » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:53 am

Hi Manci

in relation to my post on April 14 as below
i am going to apply soon as i want my husband to be here at earliest possibility. We got married in March 2015. He was a student in uk from 2009 till 2011, where issuing of BRP cards to students started.He went back to india in 2011 and he started working there. Now he is going to apply as my dependent soon i get my extension. During his visa application process, will it be a problem if he haven't got his BRP Card which is issued when he was a student . He couldn't find the card unfortunately. Will it be an issue?

My husband is going to apply as dependent from india. As we lost the card after its expiry. Do we still have to give poilce compliant ?
the reason why i am asking is there is a BRP section where asking about the details of the BRP card which we havent got . Can you please let us know what i can do ? i mean what we can do in this section? Do we have to keep NO for the question " do you have a BRP" ?
please help us

Regards
deepthi/deepam

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:05 am

it is important to be truthful. If he answers NO there should be an explanation either online (if there is a space for it) or in a covering letter that he sends with his documents,

DEEPAM
United Kingdom

Post by DEEPAM » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:40 am

Hi Manci

can we submitt a covering letter saying that he got issued with a BRP Card while doing such and such course and after finishing the course he have gone back to india , a day before his visa expiry. His BRP card expired in July 2011. While applying as a dependent , realsied that he have lost the card.

1) pursued degree document will be attached
2) will be complaining to police now by giving passport details as we havent got any details of lost BRP card, and will get a Compliant number and include in the covering letter.

is this a good approach ? please let me know you rviews on this.

thanks and regards
deepam