ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Postal Strike

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

milz
Newly Registered

Postal Strike

Post by milz » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:45 pm

Hi all,

I apologise this if some people find this information 'not necessary'. I thought it may help those applying and / or be waiting for replies from the Home Office.

------------------------------------------------------------

Postal strike

10 October 2007

Please be aware that there is a planned national Postal strike effective from 12 Noon on Thursday 4th October, Friday 5th October, Monday 8th October and Tuesday 9th October 2007. There will be no incoming or outgoing mail during this period.

We apologise for any inconvenience and for any impact this may have on our service standards, but hope that you will appreciate that this is due to circumstances beyond our control. We thank you for your patience.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Source:- http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... trike.html

purplepple

Post by purplepple » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:52 am

This is very helpful. Thank you.

andy2007

Post by andy2007 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:58 am

Hi,

I am planning to send my application by FedEx courier from India on 4 oct. Will the postal strike delay my application?

Please reply, I am a little worried.

Thanks,
Andy

andy2007

Post by andy2007 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:07 pm

Sorry , I did not put my question clearly:

Will the postal strike delay my application reaching UK?

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:34 pm

andy2007 wrote:Sorry , I did not put my question clearly:

Will the postal strike delay my application reaching UK?
I don't believe so, because FedEx does not use the ordinary postal service. They might of course be slightly busier than usual because of the strike, but if that is the case I imagine that they will throw extra resources around to ensure that there are no delays: it is, after all, a selling point for them during periods of postal strikes.

All the best with the application!

Aug07

Post by Aug07 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:29 am

Within Uk if we want to send the application what r the options???

Constant

Post by Constant » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:10 am

Going by past experiences, royal mail special delivery is the best under the Royal Mail options during strikes. However that may still be an extra £4 for a deliver that takes longer than usual. Others like DHL, FedEx are obviously not affected and you can find out from them and the HO if thats possible from within the UK which I'm sure is ok.
"And even a college degree cannot be used to prove that he can read and write" President Lyndon Baines Johnson - 1965 We Shall Overcome speech.