ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received ILR. Can wife stay on current Dependent Visa?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

karthick.kg
Newly Registered

Received ILR. Can wife stay on current Dependent Visa?

Post by karthick.kg » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:35 am

Hi,

I have recently received my ILR via long residence route. My wife currently is here as a my Tier 2 dependent which runs out in January 2016. She has been with me as my dependent since March 2008, as Tier 4 dependent and as Tier 2 dependent.

Is her current visa valid until January 2016? OR does the visa expire straight away as I have got my ILR now. If she applies under FLR(M) in January, she would have completed 10 years by the time the first extension finishes. If not, she will have to apply extension once more and then apply for ILR.

Your replies much appreciated as always.

Thanks.
Karthick

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Received ILR. Can wife stay on current Dependent Visa?

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:40 am

She should switch to FLR(M). It will be very risky if you need to travel and she does not switch as the rules changed in April last year.

If she switches to FLR(M), as soon as she meets the 10 years long residence she can apply for ILR. Now able to do premium same day appointments for long residents too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.