ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER2 Dependent ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahzaam
Pakistan

TIER2 Dependent ILR

Post by shahzaam » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:59 am

Hi,
I'm on TIER2 and will follow 10 years route for settlement. my dependent arrived in UK to join me in Feb 2013. I'll be able to apply in 2.5 years time for ILR( settlement). By that time, she would have spent 4Y 10Months,

would she be able to apply with me same time for ILR?

I heard that dependent have to spend 5 years in total to be able to apply for ILR?

how long maximum we can stay outside the UK? 90 days maximum?

please share your thoughts.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: TIER2 Dependent ILR

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:22 am

If you apply for ILR based on 10 years long residence, your spouse has to switch to FLR(M) - spouse of settled person. This will reset the ILR clock to zero and your spouse will have to wait another 5 years in FLR(M) category before being able to apply for ILR. The time spent as Tier 2 dependent will not count towards this new 5 years requirement.

10 years long residence does not permit dependents to apply with the main applicant.

You would do better to wait till your spouse is within 28 days of 5 years and apply for ILR based on Tier 2.

There is no maximum absence for dependents but they should be for good reason and reasonable lengths.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.