ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

khan2015786
Newly Registered

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by khan2015786 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:49 am

Hello

Please some.one help me...

I am british citizen originally from afghanistan..i have british passport..my question is that I want to get married in pakistan...can I use britiah passport to fill pakistani nama because on pakistani nikahnama there is abox about CNIC...can j put my britiah passport details there and if i do will it be accepted...or is there any other form for foriengers to fill..

Plese help

Thanks

tiger90210

Post by tiger90210 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:58 am

sajj suprised they refused you do you work for rm plz contact me 07477 428129 same boat

wasnav

Post by wasnav » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:05 am

stillwaiting123 wrote:
wasnav wrote:How to declare cash savings? Can anyone plz elaborate?
I got refused because I didn't declare.. So for my appeal I will be writing down who gave me the cash gift on what date.. The amount given.. Their passport number..address.. Contact number.. Relationship to me and signature
Will you be writing all this in a simple covering letter of yours? I heard someone mentioned it should be on a stamp paper. So i honestly dont know what would b sufficient. It would be our 3rd attempt so we have to be really meticulous.

wasnav

Post by wasnav » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:07 am

And is there anyone who applied with a child? If so kindly enlist the documents for child. I know there would b separate application but would the financial and accomodation docs double too?

tiger90210

Post by tiger90210 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:12 am

Sajj79 wrote:I decided to go with fresh application, any thing i should add in papers?

List is

APPLICANT
Application paper form: GWF000000000
Current Passport
Copy of Pakistani ID card (NADRA)
TB test certificate
IELTS English test certificate
Graduation qualification certificate
Passport size photo graphs
Letter of introduction and covering previous application
FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT
Financial requirement form Appendix 2 (VAF 4A)
Employment letter confirming all details from HR department
6 months’ payslips prior to application submission (Earning 40k)
P60 Certificates for 5 years
Saving account balance / stamped balance sheet from NATWEST BANK £5,000
792 Royal Mail shares certificate value around £3,000
6 Month HSBC Bank statements showing wages, lost Sept to Oct statement, electronic copy of statement on HSBC logo sent.

ACCOMODATIONS
Tenancy agreement (Covering Wife occupancy in future)
Letter from Landlord confirming Wife occupancy to ECO
Property survey report with property details and there is no overcrowding
Council Tax bills/ statements confirming single adult discount being received
EDF Energy bills
Water bill
Sky bills
Pictures of property

SPONSOR/HUSBAND
Sponsorship undertaking Letter
Sponsor letter confirming various details
Current Passport copy with stamped to visits to Pakistan
Copy of NICOP ID card

RELATIONSHIP
Nikah Nama (marriage certificate) in English
NADRA issued computerised marriage certificate in URDU/ENGLISH
Original Decree NISI
Original Decree Absolute (to confirm I am free to marry again)
Wedding invitations
Wedding photographs
After wedding visits photographs
Tickets of travel after wedding copy of plane tickets from Lahore to Karachi (Travelling together)
Copy of Hotel booking for nuptial night on 25th February 2015
Cards sent to me by Wife on EID & New year
Copy of snap shots Facebook time line with several during wedding, after wedding and after returning to UK posts (with time, place and date info)
Emails sent in November/ December
Cards sent to Wife on Valentine’s Day

INTERVENING DEVOTION
3 mobile telephone call log (calling Pakistani dial number)
Facebook conversations (with 52,000 messages) snap shots, before and after marriage
Whatsapp messages (extract via correspondence sent to email), before and after marriage
PayPal -reciept for gift and card sent on Valentine’s day
Ebay snap shots and pictures of gifts bought for Wife by me
Credit card statements to prove Wi-Fi bought on Air to talk to Wife and whatsApp conversation to proof
Email to proof gift and card sent on Valentine’s day to Wife from UK Gifts to Lahore
Skype call logs before and after wedding
WhatApp screen shots (where we discuss and choose venue, dresses for wedding)
Pictures of mine and Wifes family during and after wedding

REFRENCE AND GENERAL PREVIOUS APPLICATION
Reference Letter from Mail centre Manager
Email from UKIV on 1st April confirming decision has been made, we cannot submit more documents. MY Annual leave card for 2014-2015 to show time off during visits my Annual leave card to show first week of May off to give colleagues and friend party in UK at Wifes arrival.
any proof of money sent like wu etc

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:36 am

@wasnav
What do do you mean stamped paper?...this is my appeal on 2nd application didn't appeal on first one...but I've done research and it says a a cover letter is fine..however im writing a complete letter stating that they was cash gifts...with names... Contact number... Amount...date...passport no and signature... And will state that rest of cash saving is from wage and saved by myself.. And I've provided info showing its been in my account for over 6 months
1st App:10.06.14-Refused 21.11.14
2nd App:04.02.15-Refused 22.04.15

Appealed:19.05.15-Review Deadline:27.10.15
Court Date:02.09.16

3rd App:
Bio:29.04.16 (priority)
HO enquiry:16.05.16
Processed:17.05.16
Call:20.05.16
Collected:23.05.16
Alhamdulilah

wasnav

Post by wasnav » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:35 am

stillwaiting123 wrote:@wasnav
What do do you mean stamped paper?...this is my appeal on 2nd application didn't appeal on first one...but I've done research and it says a a cover letter is fine..however im writing a complete letter stating that they was cash gifts...with names... Contact number... Amount...date...passport no and signature... And will state that rest of cash saving is from wage and saved by myself.. And I've provided info showing its been in my account for over 6 months
I read it in this forum that declarations should b on stamp paper. It would be my 3rd attempt. My earlier two appications were unfortunately refusals. If u have done research then u must b right. I'll follow.

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:40 am

wasnav wrote:
I read it in this forum that declarations should b on stamp paper. It would be my 3rd attempt. My earlier two appications were unfortunately refusals. If u have done research then u must b right. I'll follow.
Why were your previous 2 applications refused?

Are you the sponsor or the applicant? Which country?
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

wasnav

Post by wasnav » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:21 pm

i.need.help wrote:
wasnav wrote:
Why were your previous 2 applications refused?

Are you the sponsor or the applicant? Which country?
Am the applicant. Pakiatan. N refusals as in it went on hold both times. Stupid mistake first time as we presented 12 months pay slips but they considered only 6. N in 2nd attempt they didnt consider cash savings as it was less than 6 months in bank and they didnt find property sale documents sufficient.

nazk123
Newly Registered

Post by nazk123 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:21 pm

Hi congratulations to all those who have been successful with their applications. :D I got married last month and will be starting to get together all the required paperwork for my husbands application. I was hoping to get answers here to a couple of questions i had:

My yearly income is above £18,600 but i get paid every 4 weeks rather than monthly which means i get 13 payslips per year and not 12. My worry is that if i submit 6 payslips they will just add them up and x2 (ive been told this is how they calculate your annual income) which would make it seem like i earn under £18,600. Would it be sufficient if i mention that i get paid every 4 weeks in my cover letter and letter from my employer? Dont want the application to be refused on a misunderstanding on if i meet the financial requirement or not.

Also once an application is successful, is there a time limit on when your spouse has to enter the uk. I was planning on going to pakistan and coming back with my spouse once his visa has been granted but i cant do this if they say you have to enter the uk within a month or something. I know im thinking a bit too far ahead lol

tiger90210

Post by tiger90210 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:12 pm

nazk123 wrote:Hi congratulations to all those who have been successful with their applications. :D I got married last month and will be starting to get together all the required paperwork for my husbands application. I was hoping to get answers here to a couple of questions i had:

My yearly income is above £18,600 but i get paid every 4 weeks rather than monthly which means i get 13 payslips per year and not 12. My worry is that if i submit 6 payslips they will just add them up and x2 (ive been told this is how they calculate your annual income) which would make it seem like i earn under £18,600. Would it be sufficient if i mention that i get paid every 4 weeks in my cover letter and letter from my employer? Dont want the application to be refused on a misunderstanding on if i meet the financial requirement or not.

Also once an application is successful, is there a time limit on when your spouse has to enter the uk. I was planning on going to pakistan and coming back with my spouse once his visa has been granted but i cant do this if they say you have to enter the uk within a month or something. I know im thinking a bit too far ahead lol
1. The visa will be for 28 days
2. If u get paid monthly gross amount has to be 1550
Nothing less will do

tiger90210

Post by tiger90210 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:01 pm

I applied on 2nd April from lhe that's the day my final pay want in my bank statement which I got from the bank was dated
9th April will that be ok it shows 2nd April pay I'm bank

kopfan

Post by kopfan » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:35 am

tiger90210 wrote:
nazk123 wrote:Hi congratulations to all those who have been successful with their applications. :D I got married last month and will be starting to get together all the required paperwork for my husbands application. I was hoping to get answers here to a couple of questions i had:

Nothing less will do

Not to cause any offence - this is why I suggested people sign up to Expat forum - where there are some really professional voluntary people.

The visa is not for 28 days - if this is settlement visa - it is for 33 months - and you can leave anytime in that time HOWEVER, you should arrive in UK with 30 months still left on visa - as to be able to extend it - you would need to have been in UK for 30 months.

Do not take my word as final - I really suggest that those who are failing with visas join Expat forum Britain visa section - they know the ins and outs and you will get very quick replies.

May Allah make it easy for all of you. Ameen - Thuma Ameen.

sean2606
United Kingdom

Post by sean2606 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:18 am

Just an update.

Received a process an on 24/04/15, and a call from Gerry's this morning, my wife has collected her passport and by the grace of God almighty her visa has been granted. Just wanted to thank everyone here for their help and support.
I had a few doubts with our application as my weekly is +/- 20p different as to my Standing Order and quite a few people have been rejected on that. I did not submit any previous chat history or house inspection report instead just a letter from my landlord, ! big mistake i ad made which i realised after submitting the application is that on form VAF4A i accidentally put down my start date of employment as 2006 where as i had begun in 2008 which is what my letter of employment stated.

What i am trying to say is that for anyone who has submitted their documents and is in doubt please just pray and trust in the Lord Almighty for everything is in His hands.

auntsally

Post by auntsally » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:50 am

sean2606 wrote:Just an update.

Received a process an on 24/04/15, and a call from Gerry's this morning, my wife has collected her passport and by the grace of God almighty her visa has been granted. Just wanted to thank everyone here for their help and support.
I had a few doubts with our application as my weekly is +/- 20p different as to my Standing Order and quite a few people have been rejected on that. I did not submit any previous chat history or house inspection report instead just a letter from my landlord, ! big mistake i ad made which i realised after submitting the application is that on form VAF4A i accidentally put down my start date of employment as 2006 where as i had begun in 2008 which is what my letter of employment stated.

What i am trying to say is that for anyone who has submitted their documents and is in doubt please just pray and trust in the Lord Almighty for everything is in His hands.

Many congratulations and praise to Allah!

I have major reservations about my application.
I hope inshAllah it will be a positive outcome.

Anyone else with any news?? Anybody applied on Mirpur mid to late Feb still waiting??

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:56 am

kopfan wrote:
tiger90210 wrote:

Nothing less will do

Not to cause any offence - this is why I suggested people sign up to Expat forum - where there are some really professional voluntary people.

The visa is not for 28 days - if this is settlement visa - it is for 33 months - and you can leave anytime in that time HOWEVER, you should arrive in UK with 30 months still left on visa - as to be able to extend it - you would need to have been in UK for 30 months.

Do not take my word as final - I really suggest that those who are failing with visas join Expat forum Britain visa section - they know the ins and outs and you will get very quick replies.

May Allah make it easy for all of you. Ameen - Thuma Ameen.
There has been a change in immigration rules as per April this year.

At some point (soon) spouse visa applicants will receive a 30-day vignette instead of the 33-month visa.

The applicant then has to travel to the UK within the validity of the vignette and the date of arrival will be noted on it. They will then have to pick up their BRP within 10 days from a specific post office as specified in a letter they will receive with their vignette.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... eaflet.pdf

sean2606
United Kingdom

Post by sean2606 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:03 am

auntsally wrote:

Anyone else with any news?? Anybody applied on Mirpur mid to late Feb still waiting??
Thanks auntsally, just cant wait to see my wife. Trust in God have faith and all will be ok, it isnt easy as at times I have had doubts too but at the end of it all everything is in His hands

March2015

Post by March2015 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:02 am

sean2606 wrote:
auntsally wrote:

Thanks auntsally, just cant wait to see my wife. Trust in God have faith and all will be ok, it isnt easy as at times I have had doubts too but at the end of it all everything is in His hands

Congratulations
God is great! I'm so happy for you

muj1

Post by muj1 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:09 am

Congratulations Sean2606! Best of luck for the future!

asif_sharif
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by asif_sharif » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:11 am

guys my wife went to the mirpur office on the 21st april 2015 done everthing there. then next day got a email saying that the application has reached islamabad BHC and a ECO will check the application.

in the email they said it could take upto 12 weeks for a decision is it just random when a ECO will check an application is there system like first come first serve, how does it work? is it to early for me to email them asking if an eco has checked my wife paperwork ?
married 21/02/2014
21/04/15 DOCUMENTS submitted
22/04/15 reaches BHC islamabad
REFUSED 10/07/2015
appeal 31/07/2015
payment 14th August
review deadline 24th December 2015
COURT DATE 18TH JANUARY 2017
entry allowed
wife arriving 29th April 2017

sean2606
United Kingdom

Post by sean2606 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:12 am

Thanks March2015 hope and pray everything works out for you and all on here still waiting for a positive reply.

onetime12345
Newly Registered

Post by onetime12345 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:20 pm

Hi all,

I have been following this thread for quite some time whilst anxiously waiting for my wife's settlement visa from Pakistan. Some of the information on this forum is useful, but I wanted to post this to make you all aware not to follow these threads religiously. I don't intend to return and post more and AH this morning she got her visa stamped.

Applied Lahore - 12/02/2015
Email - 24/04/2015
Collected - 27/04/2015

The only reason why I am posting this is that when I was waiting and reading through these, I cam across the two email theory. For some odd reason I believed what people had to say, that unless you get two emails, its a rejection. Since we had a weekend in the middle to wait for the documents to return, I was extremely negative about the whole thing. I brought my wife and family down explaining how I already know its not a good outcome. When we collected the visa this morning, I felt extremely bad for making a very pleasant and happy weekend extremely stressful for everyone. So I am living proof, that the two email theory of receiving a processed and concluded email for a visa is nothing but utter crap. Don't believe it and be happy. Allah knows the best time for things and if you are to get a visa, nothing can stop it, and vice versa. hope this helps

khuram_noman

Post by khuram_noman » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:32 pm

Hi All

@ onetime12345 i agree with ur analysis in terms of 2 emails logic. My wife applied visa from lahore and her timeline

Applied Lahore - 12/03/2015
Asked for the update on 11/04/2015, Next day got this email "...found that your application has not yet been assessed by an
Entry Clearance Officer (ECO)"

Apparently looks like 10-11 weeks waiting time at the moment.

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:22 pm

You can explain in yur cover letter that yu get paid 4 weekely and not montly, make sure your employer confirims this in their letter aswel. Ensure yu submit enough payslips and bank statements to cover 6 months.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:30 pm

onetime12345 wrote:Hi all,

I have been following this thread for quite some time whilst anxiously waiting for my wife's settlement visa from Pakistan. Some of the information on this forum is useful, but I wanted to post this to make you all aware not to follow these threads religiously. I don't intend to return and post more and AH this morning she got her visa stamped.

Applied Lahore - 12/02/2015
Email - 24/04/2015
Collected - 27/04/2015

The only reason why I am posting this is that when I was waiting and reading through these, I cam across the two email theory. For some odd reason I believed what people had to say, that unless you get two emails, its a rejection. Since we had a weekend in the middle to wait for the documents to return, I was extremely negative about the whole thing. I brought my wife and family down explaining how I already know its not a good outcome. When we collected the visa this morning, I felt extremely bad for making a very pleasant and happy weekend extremely stressful for everyone. So I am living proof, that the two email theory of receiving a processed and concluded email for a visa is nothing but utter crap. Don't believe it and be happy. Allah knows the best time for things and if you are to get a visa, nothing can stop it, and vice versa. hope this helps
hi, no offense but it is clear that yu have not read the last few pages of the forum or perhaps yu have skipped read, it has been mentioned a number of times in the recent past that the two email theory does not exist anymore, there was a period when bhc were sending two emails for granted visa and 1 email for refusals, tbis theory was 100% genuine. Yu are right we should not rely fully on this forum but only use it as a guidence and should always cross check. Allah swt knows best.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all