ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Determining Main destination

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sirlim

Determining Main destination

Post by sirlim » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:04 am

Hello once again! As we know, if two or more countries are tied for where will plan to spend the longest time in, I understand we should apply at the country where we will first visit. However, although I am spending 3 nights in each of these countries, will I need to account for the expected departure and arrival time to determine the competent embassy? For instance, if I spend 2 days and 19 hours first in Poland (from arrival to departure time) and 3 days and 5 hours in Germany, do I still need to proceed to the Polish embassy (take note that I will arrive in Germany on the same day I depart Poland, and that journey will be by train between Warsaw and Berlin where as we know the train spends more time in Poland)?

ban.s

Re: Determining Main destination

Post by ban.s » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:16 pm

the general thumb rule and practical way to determine the main destination is by considering the number of nights spent in each country. Exact duration of stay / hour min sec based calculations are difficult to verify and make it very complex.
If you spend 3 nights in each country - then apply with the country where you would be staying first.

sirlim

Re: Determining Main destination

Post by sirlim » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:36 pm

Thanks for this. There might be one slight complication now that I have received my visa. Although I still prefer to continue with the existing plan, the problem is it was contingent on the train schedule departing Warsaw for Berlin. However, I am unable to book any trains for the target date (consider that bookings opened only 60 days prior and that happened while my visa was being processed). So worse comes to worst, I will have no choice but to abandon my hotel reservation for my final night in Poland and take an overnight coach for Warsaw.

My question now (for future reference) is if we take overnight transport between two countries, where does that night of departure specifically count for purposes of determining how many nights we spend in each destination?