ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependent NHS Surcharge

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rizzu155

PBS dependent NHS Surcharge

Post by rizzu155 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:44 am

Situation - Main applicant is granted ILR recently and dependent is still serving probabtionary period in order to get ILR and dependent need one more extension (3 years) under PBS dependent to qualify ILR period.

Question - Does Dependent needs to pay for NHS surcharge whenever she apply for extension under PBS dependent category ?

Thanks in advance.

vinny

Re: PBS dependent NHS Surcharge

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:53 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rizzu155

Post by rizzu155 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:14 am

vinny wrote:Yes.

Thanks for the link. But it also states .

When you’ll need an IHS reference number
You still need to use the service to get an immigration health surcharge (IHS) reference number but you won’t need to pay if:

you’re applying for a Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa (or you’re their dependant).

I think my wife still would be consider Tier 2 Dependent (or PBS dependent is totally a different to Tier 2) Please clarify ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:26 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rizzu155

Post by rizzu155 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:00 am

Before ILR I was on Tier 2 ICT.

rizzu155

Post by rizzu155 » Mon May 04, 2015 10:00 pm

rizzu155 wrote:
Before ILR I was on Tier 2 ICT.

Hello Vinny - please clarify thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 04, 2015 10:06 pm

The surcharge is not applicable to a Tier 2 ICT dependent but you will still need to get them the IHS number.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rizzu155

Post by rizzu155 » Mon May 04, 2015 10:50 pm

CR001 wrote:The surcharge is not applicable to a Tier 2 ICT dependent but you will still need to get them the IHS number.
thank you.
so it's true even main applicant is granted ILR and dependents going to extend on PBS dependent route? sorry for double confirmation.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 04, 2015 10:53 pm

Should be yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Petaltop

Re: PBS dependent leave to remain - NHS Surcharge

Post by Petaltop » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:14 pm

Srivenkat wrote:Situation - Main applicant is granted ILR recently under 5 year route and both my dependents are still continuing with PBS dependent leave to remain until they qualify for ILR. Their Visa is getting expires on Oct 2015 and need to understand whether Dependents needs to pay for NHS surcharge whenever she apply for extension under PBS dependent category ? Please advise.
At moment Tier 2 ICTs and their dependants don't have to pay IHS but the new Immigration Taskforce is looking at applying the IHS to ICTs.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/pm-a ... -committee

Srivenkat
Newly Registered

Tier 2 PBS dependent and NHS Surcharge

Post by Srivenkat » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:33 pm

Petaltop wrote:
Srivenkat wrote:Situation - Main applicant is granted ILR recently under 5 year route and both my dependents are still continuing with PBS dependent leave to remain until they qualify for ILR. Their Visa is getting expires on Oct 2015 and need to understand whether Dependents needs to pay for NHS surcharge whenever she apply for extension under PBS dependent category ? Please advise.
At moment Tier 2 ICTs and their dependants don't have to pay IHS but the new Immigration Taskforce is looking at applying the IHS to ICTs.
Hi , Thanks for your response...Can u please advise on the below as well

1) after loging to gov.uk for NHS surchage and its requesting to enter the details i hope need to provide my dependents detail with Visa route T2 PBS depedent and Visa type as T2 ICT Long term upto 3 years .
2) List of documents need to submit for PBS dependent Visa extension.

Srivenkat
Newly Registered

Post by Srivenkat » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:45 pm

Petaltop wrote:
Hi Petaltop, Thanks for that...Just to double check, Main applicant is granted ILR recently under 5 year route and my dependent are with PBS dependent leave to remain...hope they no need to pay any NHS surchage while they going for PBS extension. Please advise

Can u please advise on the below as well

1) after loging to gov.uk for NHS surchage and its requesting to enter the details i hope need to provide my dependents detail with Visa route T2 PBS depedent and Visa type as T2 ICT Long term upto 3 years .
2) List of documents need to submit for PBS dependent Visa extension.

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:17 pm

Srivenkat wrote:
Petaltop wrote:
Hi Petaltop, Thanks for that...Just to double check, Main applicant is granted ILR recently under 5 year route and my dependent are with PBS dependent leave to remain...hope they no need to pay any NHS surchage while they going for PBS extension. Please advise
The problem is that the British saying they will no longer give free healthcare to everyone on a visa, is fairly new. The law to change that came in last year and the NHS part of that immigration law only started in April this year.

At the moment a Tier 2 ICT dependant is still given free healthcare by the British and there is nothing mentioned (yet) about paying them paying the IHS when they extend their visa if the main applicant has ILR. That may change by the time your wife needs to extend her ICT dependant visa, or it may not. We just don't know.

The British are looking at making ICTs contribute too towards their healthcare from that link I already gave. If that comes in before your wife extends, then she will have to contribute towards her healthcare to be able to extend her visa.

Basically, nobody knows what will be the case in few months time when your wife needs to extend her visa because the IHS is very new.

Srivenkat
Newly Registered

T2 Dependent Online application

Post by Srivenkat » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:07 pm

Hi all,

I am filling the dependent partner and dependent child application thru online, i yet to process the payment and not sure whether i need to download and send the completed application to any Postal address. Please advise

checkpraveen
Newly Registered

Post by checkpraveen » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:45 am

I am on ICT long term staff migrant valid upto Jan 2017. My wife is on Tier 2 General and its valid upto 2020.

I will be switching my visa to her dependent and like to know if I need to pay the IHS fee or not.

Please let us know if anyone who has done this transfer recently and the kind of documentation needed.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:24 am

checkpraveen wrote:I am on ICT long term staff migrant valid upto Jan 2017. My wife is on Tier 2 General and its valid upto 2020.

I will be switching my visa to her dependent and like to know if I need to pay the IHS fee or not.

Please let us know if anyone who has done this transfer recently and the kind of documentation needed.
Yes, you will have to pay the IHS fee if your switch to Tier 2 General dependent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

rizzu155

Post by rizzu155 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:52 pm

I am sorry for hijacking the old thread, but time came now to apply extension for my dependent (as I was granted ILR last year on Tier 2 ICT long term after continuous stay of 5 years). Can someone let me know what's the procedure for applying extension.. I assume it's PBS dependent online form ? appreciate if you provide link and document list as I couldn't find much details on gov.uk site.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:53 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

rizzu155

Post by rizzu155 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:01 pm

CR001 wrote:That's strange, I found it quite easily with a Google search :shock:

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-intracompany- ... ly-members

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner

So no offline application form is required ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:03 pm

No
Char (CR001 not Casa)

rizzu155

Post by rizzu155 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:11 pm

CR001 wrote:No

Cheers!

The document list required is not very clear, more focus is given to the maintenance fund.. apart from this I see residential proof and anything else ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:14 pm

2 years of cohabitation documents in joint or individual names from 4/5 different sources.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

rizzu155

Post by rizzu155 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:25 pm

CR001 wrote:2 years of cohabitation documents in joint or individual names from 4/5 different sources.

Marriage Certificate along with 1-2 recent utility bills (having both of us name) will not suffice ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:27 pm

Besides passports, bank statements, payslips, marriage certificate, you also need to prove subsisting marriage. 2 years cohabitation documents, roughly a couple of items for ever 3 or 4 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

rizzu155

Post by rizzu155 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:09 am

CR001 wrote:Besides passports, bank statements, payslips, marriage certificate, you also need to prove subsisting marriage. 2 years cohabitation documents, roughly a couple of items for ever 3 or 4 months.
Ok thanks