ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rules for ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sarathml86
India

Rules for ILR

Post by sarathml86 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:18 pm

Hi all subject experts,

I love this portal coz its very informative and all credits to the knowledgeable people here ( not naming anyone in particular) always quick to respond with their advices.

can some one please advice me if tier 1 ( general ) visa period would be counted towards ILR eligibility. This is not my case but shall explain the scenario

Arrived in the UK under tier4 visa route (education) for - 1 years
the changed to tier 4 (psw) - 2 years would not qualify for ILR (continuous stay)
but,
the changed to tier 2 work visa currently 2 years under this visa and will expire after 3 more years.

can this person apply for ILR after 4 years of tier 2 work visa and + 1 year tier 1 (general/student visa) = 5 years of stay in the uk
provided he/she did not leave the country for more than 180 days ? as tier 2 psw is not counted towards the continuous stay

kindly clarify
thanks,

anul

Re: Rules for ILR

Post by anul » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:24 pm

No, I am afraid not. You have to complete the 5 year period in any or combination of eligible category, such as HSMP, Tier 1 (highly skilled), or Tier 2.

sarathml86
India

Re: Rules for ILR

Post by sarathml86 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:21 am

anul wrote:No, I am afraid not. You have to complete the 5 year period in any or combination of eligible category, such as HSMP, Tier 1 (highly skilled), or Tier 2.
Thanks for your reply and you are absolutely correct as explained by UKBA, quite late to learn that ! :|