ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Acceptable Natwest bank statements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

meratier1

Acceptable Natwest bank statements

Post by meratier1 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:39 pm

Hi All,

I normally receive my natwest bank statements in post and have them till Feb. I'm applying next week for ILR. I ordered the statements in post on 12th April but haven't received them till now. Looks like TNT have rubbished them. So I want to find out if anyone has used the Natwest Bank statements which they provide immediately as printouts with logo etc. Natwest says it works for Home office and approved by them. I need to show my march salary as well in those statements? They're neither ready to stamp & sign them nor ready to give anything on headed paper. What can I do now guys? Please share your experience and help me. Thanks.

gbhsmp
United Kingdom

Re: Acceptable Natwest bank statements

Post by gbhsmp » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:54 am

Usually printed on bank stationary is acceptable by ukba.
For the sake of completeness you can ask them to stamp and initial the printouts for more authenticity (Barclays did this for me a couple of months back)

Since you got statement till feb you can show the earnings (if possbile based on how your case is) to feb 2014. You are allowed to show earnings for "any" 12 months in last 15 month period.

meratier1

Post by meratier1 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:04 am

Thanks for your response mate. The problem here is that Natwest has clear policy that they won't sign or stamp anything. I can show the salary for previous months as you mentioned but for maintenance purpose I still need to show the statements which are less than one month old from my application date. For that I ordered the statements in post. I was just trying to find out some recent experiences of people where they might have used that type of Natwest statements and would have been accepted. Anyone guys?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:07 am

I don't have a precise answer to you question, but just wondered whether you tried your local branch or whether it was at one of the larger branches? I am aware of the policy you refer to as I too faced a similar problem with them a few years ago. But what one small branch did do was, write a cover letter confirming that the statement copy was geniuine. I know it's rather strange that they did this, but we're not willing to sign and stamp the statement. I recall going to a larger branch beforehand where they did not offer to do this. It's worth a try, though they may very well refuse, if their policies have changed since then.

meratier1

Post by meratier1 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:14 pm

Thanks for your reply mate. I also had the same plan of action as you mentioned but luckily I didn't had to because I received my post today morning. It came like 5-6 days late but thank god I received it. Still in the mean time, I cross checked with my friends and one of them who has recently got ILR also mentioned that he did use those print out statements along with some originals in his application and they were accepted. So in the worst case scenario, they can be trusted. Thanks.

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:51 am

meratier1 wrote:Hi All,

I normally receive my natwest bank statements in post and have them till Feb. I'm applying next week for ILR. I ordered the statements in post on 12th April but haven't received them till now. Looks like TNT have rubbished them. So I want to find out if anyone has used the Natwest Bank statements which they provide immediately as printouts with logo etc. Natwest says it works for Home office and approved by them. I need to show my march salary as well in those statements? They're neither ready to stamp & sign them nor ready to give anything on headed paper. What can I do now guys? Please share your experience and help me. Thanks.
Get it printed by any branch and get it stamped. No need to sign or anything like that, just the branch the branch stamp.