ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying Tier 2 visa after the date in the curtailment let.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

destiny2015
Newly Registered

Applying Tier 2 visa after the date in the curtailment let.

Post by destiny2015 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:03 am

Hi Manci and Everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well. I have the following Urgent matter:

I resigned from my job and after a couple of months received the curtailment letter from the HO. My last day in the UK should be April 26th. I've got a job offer a month ago, but my employer didn't have a sponsorship license. The employer filed an application on the 2nd of April and is still waiting for the approval. Plus, they just posted a job application to do a RLMT.
According to the curtailment letter, my visa expires within a week, and I am puzzled what I should do right now...

My questions are:
1) Can I make an application for a Tier 2(General) stating that 'the company is currently awaiting a decision on the sponsorship license application' and conducting a RLMT? If - yes, what should I state in the cover letter and which docs should I provide instead of COS?
2) If the application is made without all the necessary documents, will it be considered by UKBA or should I request it to be put on hold?
3) Am I allowed to apply within 28 days after my visa expiries (one of the lawyers was convincing me that if you receive a curtailment letter, 28 day period doesn't apply, while another one said that it should be fine) assuming that the sponsorship license is granted and RLMT is complete?
4) Is there a way to speed up a license process?
5) What if the license is still not granted within 28 days, what should I do in that case?

iahsan

Re: Applying Tier 2 visa after the date in the curtailment l

Post by iahsan » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:35 am

I am sorry I am not of much help to your problem but I will be grateful for some information regarding my own problem somewhat related.

My employer got the license revoked 3 weeks ago and I have not received the curtailment letter yet and I was assuming the letter would say 60 days starting from the date letter was issued but from what you are saying you got the letter that said your leave is expiring in the next one week?

aakuij
Newly Registered

Post by aakuij » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:41 pm

destiny2015 wrote:Hi Manci and Everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well. I have the following Urgent matter:

I resigned from my job and after a couple of months received the curtailment letter from the HO. My last day in the UK should be April 26th. I've got a job offer a month ago, but my employer didn't have a sponsorship license. The employer filed an application on the 2nd of April and is still waiting for the approval. Plus, they just posted a job application to do a RLMT.
According to the curtailment letter, my visa expires within a week, and I am puzzled what I should do right now...

My questions are:
1) Can I make an application for a Tier 2(General) stating that 'the company is currently awaiting a decision on the sponsorship license application' and conducting a RLMT? If - yes, what should I state in the cover letter and which docs should I provide instead of COS?
2) If the application is made without all the necessary documents, will it be considered by UKBA or should I request it to be put on hold?
3) Am I allowed to apply within 28 days after my visa expiries (one of the lawyers was convincing me that if you receive a curtailment letter, 28 day period doesn't apply, while another one said that it should be fine) assuming that the sponsorship license is granted and RLMT is complete?
4) Is there a way to speed up a license process?
5) What if the license is still not granted within 28 days, what should I do in that case?
Hello,

Please could you tell me if you ever got an answer from anywhere else? Or what happened?

Actually one of my friend is in similar situation where his curtailment is 25th Dec but he is getting COS and most likely to apply for visa in January.

Best regards,
Aakuij

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:17 pm

One may make a leave to remain application within 28 days of the last date of curtailed leave. Such an application will be an out-of-time application and if refused will not have the right to administrative review.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!