ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dismissed one week before 5 years treaty rights!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manolesta
Italy

Dismissed one week before 5 years treaty rights!

Post by manolesta » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:56 pm

Hi guys, I am desperate!
I have just been dismissed on Friday 24th April! Next week on 2nd of May I will complete my 5 years residence in Uk! I have always exercised my treaty rights, what can I do now?

I have registered myself as jobseeker it is that enough for one week or I have lost everything?!

I post this question already yesterday but I am not sure if it was clear enough because of my english! i am in panic, my wife is a NON EEA ( she got the italian citizenship 2 months ago thanks God) but i really don t want to lose all the sacrifice that I did for 5 years for one week! Some advice please!

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Dismissed one week before 5 years treaty rights!

Post by chaoclive » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:03 pm

All you can do is register as a job seeker and actively look for work. I wouldn't expect that a gap of a single week would be an issue. You could take any kind of job as soon as you can just to prove that you are now working. That way you would maintain your status as a worker in EU law.

Don't worry too much.

Also: don't post multiple posts on the same subject as the moderators don't like this and will probably lock your posts.

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:14 pm

I agree with Clive, you are worrying too much. Just register with the job centre. I doubt if a Home Office caseworker would even notice you were one week short, and even if they did notice they are not going to get very far refusing you PR on that basis because it would just get overturned in appeal court for being grossly disproportionate under EU law.

wegiwegi
Switzerland

Post by wegiwegi » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:45 pm

manolesta wrote:my wife is a NON EEA ( she got the italian citizenship 2 months ago thanks God)
Well it seems you are EU citizen as well, and now your wife is Italian as well, so I do not see the problem, I've been in the UK nearly 20 years, and never did aply for PR, no need of papers really, now that your wife is EU, all should be ok, relax
Timeline:
Fourth application sent 21.07.17
HO received 24.07.17
Paid on 25.07.17
Biometrics 23.08.17
COA received 07.09.17
Passports received 07.09.16
Documents returned 13.11.17 dated 09
RC 13.11.17 dated 09

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:12 pm

manolesta wrote:Hi guys, I am desperate!
I have just been dismissed on Friday 24th April! Next week on 2nd of May I will complete my 5 years residence in Uk! I have always exercised my treaty rights, what can I do now?

I have registered myself as jobseeker it is that enough for one week or I have lost everything?!

I post this question already yesterday but I am not sure if it was clear enough because of my english! i am in panic, my wife is a NON EEA ( she got the italian citizenship 2 months ago thanks God) but i really don t want to lose all the sacrifice that I did for 5 years for one week! Some advice please!
First of all, I am sorry to hear you lost your job on Friday. Good that you have already registered as a job seeker, and reached out for information here. As others have pointed out, PR status is less important for EU citizens, but is worth reaching closure on.

Is May 2nd the 5 year anniversary of when you arrived in the UK, or when you started working?

Also be sure to keep records of your job search. Records of who you called. If possible send written applications during the next week, and keep copies of EVERYTHING.

manolesta
Italy

Post by manolesta » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:12 am

It s a tough period for me but after read your replies I feel much better guys!
May 2nd is the 5 year anniversary of when I arrived in UK.
During this 5 years I have always registered as a jobseeker and I am sending my proof of registration with job-centre with the application.

1) Do I have to send as well all copies of job applications, emails, registration with recruitment agencies of all the periods I have been jobseeker? even if it was on 2010 for example?

2) I have been a jobseeker from 18/05/2014 to 27/07/2014: I was registered with Universal jobmatch and attended interviews at the job centre,is that not enough to proof that I was actively looking? Do they need a print of everything?

3) The fact that I have been dismissed it s not relevant for the decision maker as long as I keep exercising my treaty rights? so why they ask for reason for leaving....?

4) do you think guys it s better for me to buy a CSI tomorrow? if yes for how long? How much approximately you need in your account in order to be self sufficient?

Sorry for all this questions but you are my only and exclusive source of support....i do not know how to thank you all of you!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:56 pm

If you can buy CSI for two weeks it might be worth doing. You do not need to buy it for any longer.
3) The fact that I have been dismissed it s not relevant for the decision maker as long as I keep exercising my treaty rights? so why they ask for reason for leaving....?
They can ask all they want, but you do not need to answer. It is not relevant. You might not have liked the colour of the walls. Or they did not like that you arrived before 11am every day. Point is you were working and now you are not. You can simply leave it blank

manolesta
Italy

Post by manolesta » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:32 am

Cheers mate! i am gonna buy the CSI tomorrow morning in order to cover me and my wife for two weeks.
Actually I was unemployed from today is it ok if i will buy it tomorrow?
Or there is not point to buy it anymore because i was not "covered" for one day..?

Do you think Bupa will be fine?