ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

REFUSAL LETTER

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ben1211
Newly Registered

REFUSAL LETTER

Post by ben1211 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:06 pm

Hi,

my spouse and i have recently had a baby daughter. I am British citizen and she is from Sierra Leone. UKBA sent us an I96 form asking for the reason why she should be considered to stay. We sent the form and we received a refusal letter given the following points.

1. the baby is to young to learn her new surrounding and it wont affect her to leave the UK.

2. I had previous gone to Holland to try and settle there and they are not convinced i want to stay in the UK

However we have the right of appeal and we have to submit it in 14days time.

Any Advice ???

Obie
Ireland

Re: REFUSAL LETTER

Post by Obie » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:37 pm

That is an outrageous refusal, what is your nationality, and why do they think you will not be in the UK?

You child is British i guess.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:09 pm

What category of visa application did you submit?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:25 pm

How do rhey know you tried to settle in Holland? Do you have some kind of permanent resident stamp in your passport?

ben1211
Newly Registered

Post by ben1211 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:46 pm

My Nationality is UK Citizen. There are no permanent residency stamp on my passport. I once traveled to Holland to exercise my EU right by study dutch.

Kind Regard

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:52 pm

Have you filed the notice of appeal?

I guess your child born in the UK is also a British Citizen? Right?

ben1211
Newly Registered

Post by ben1211 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:01 pm

Yes i Have filed an appeal. Yes my Child is British and i will be applying for her passport this week.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:03 pm

Probably would have helped if you had the child's passport and make a proper application, then the outcome may have been different.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:20 pm

You are saying there are no stamps in your passport implying you wanted to settle in Holland. I think this is key, because one of their main arguments is that you don't plant to live in the UK. Hence I rephrase my question: how did they know that you studied in Holland? Did you tell this to them? Why did they assume that studying in Holland means wanting to settle there?

ben1211
Newly Registered

Post by ben1211 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:56 am

When I applied for the eea application I submitted a letter and certificate to home office showing I was in Holland.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:08 pm

Did you submit an application under Surinder Singh for an EEA2 permit? Which is why I asked what category of visa was refused and you haven't yet answered this.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ben1211
Newly Registered

Post by ben1211 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:46 pm

Yes it was under eea2 surinder sinhn and it was for 5 years residence for my partner. how ever ukba did not accept it BCUz of learning dutch or studying is not under the guide limes.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:55 pm

How long were you resident in Holland before submitting the EEA permit application? This route has become tougher and in order to succeed you would have to show that you had transferred the 'centre of your life' to the EU state. What evidence did you submit to support the application apart from studying there? i.e rental contract, registration with the Dutch authorities?
(Casa, not CR001)

ben1211
Newly Registered

Post by ben1211 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:40 pm

Just registeration with the Dutch system. I was there for about a month. Anyway they said they won't give her becuz I had previously left the UK to settle down. so now we have to go to tribunal.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:24 am

You'll be extremely lucky to overturn the decision. Only one month in an EU state with a very brief period of study even with local registration won't demonstrate that you 'moved the centre of your life' there. In order to succeed with the Surinder Singh route you would need to be resident for at least 6-12 months.
(Casa, not CR001)

ben1211
Newly Registered

Post by ben1211 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:55 am

You seem to be missing the point. to make things very clear we didn't win anyway. However ukba sent my spouse I96 form asking her to disclose any reason why she should still be in the country. We filled in the form and sent it.

We got a reply outlining all the applications we have done and we where refused on the grounds of me previously attempting to use the EEA2 route.

Also we where refused on the grounds of the child who happens to be British wont noticed the environment change(in other wards they don't care about the child's up bring etc...)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:30 am

With respect, I haven't missed the point. Can you clarify what refusal you are considering appealing? The EEA Surinder Singh application? Or have you also submitted an application under another category?
(Casa, not CR001)

ben1211
Newly Registered

Post by ben1211 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:47 am

As far as I am concern it was eea singder application. However I received a letter today saying they are considering my spouse human right application and we don't need to take any action regarding the pervious decision.

What do you think and how long ?

ben1211
Newly Registered

Post by ben1211 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:57 pm

As far as I am concern it was eea singder application. However I received a letter today saying they are considering my spouse human right application and we don't need to take any action regarding the pervious decision.

What do you think and how long ?