ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous refusal, new application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mangomm

Previous refusal, new application

Post by mangomm » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:03 pm

Hi there!

I'm applying to extend my Tier 2 visa.

A couple of years ago, my Tier 2 visa was refused and I applied to the immigration and asylum tribunal for an appeal. The tribunal agreed with me and accepted my appeal; I was therefore granted leave to remain under Tier 2.

Now, years later, in filling out my new application section E9 asks if I have been previously refused entry. How should I handle this question? Should I write a letter explaining the situation and enclose a copy of the high court's decision in my favor?

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Re: Previous refusal, new application

Post by njoy1987 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:42 pm

mangomm wrote: A couple of years ago, my Tier 2 visa was refused and I applied to the immigration and asylum tribunal for an appeal. The tribunal agreed with me and accepted my appeal; I was therefore granted leave to remain under Tier 2.
Was this is the UK?

mangomm

Post by mangomm » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:08 am

Yes, this was in the UK.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:22 am

You were previously refused leave to remain.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mangomm

Post by mangomm » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:28 am

Yes, you're correct, I was refused leave to remain.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:33 pm

mangomm wrote:Hi there!

I'm applying to extend my Tier 2 visa.

A couple of years ago, my Tier 2 visa was refused and I applied to the immigration and asylum tribunal for an appeal. The tribunal agreed with me and accepted my appeal; I was therefore granted leave to remain under Tier 2.

Now, years later, in filling out my new application section E9 asks if I have been previously refused entry. How should I handle this question? Should I write a letter explaining the situation and enclose a copy of the high court's decision in my favor?

answer Yes at E9 and give details at E10

sudeep.makku
Newly Registered

Post by sudeep.makku » Mon May 11, 2015 10:50 am

Hi Guys

I have applied for tier 2 visa 2 months back but it got refused due to low salary as per my job code. I wrote a letter for reconsideration but did not heard anything from them. After 1 month, I received my documents but have not got my passport. I still hold valid visa for 20 more days.

Every time I call UKBA helpline they give me different answers. Some say you must get the passport back and some say we do not send the passport back.

I want to reapply for tier 2 visa with new CAS.

Do they send the passports back if application is refused? I want to apply in premium service now, can I apply in premium service without the passport as UKBA is already holding my passport.

Thanks

Sudeep

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon May 11, 2015 11:32 am

sudeep.makku wrote:Hi Guys

I have applied for tier 2 visa 2 months back but it got refused due to low salary as per my job code. I wrote a letter for reconsideration but did not heard anything from them. After 1 month, I received my documents but have not got my passport. I still hold valid visa for 20 more days.

Every time I call UKBA helpline they give me different answers. Some say you must get the passport back and some say we do not send the passport back.

I want to reapply for tier 2 visa with new CAS.
do you have a new CoS (not CAS)?

Do they send the passports back if application is refused? I want to apply in premium service now, can I apply in premium service without the passport as UKBA is already holding my passport.

I doubt if you can use the premium service if you don't have your passport. Suggest you use the priority postal service:
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-priority-applications

Thanks

Sudeep