ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kartal23
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Kartal23 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:24 am

l know that however do l need to tell them or not ? in front of the application saying that all your reasons or grounds for wishing to stay in the United Kingdom must be
stated in this application. This requirement is being given under section 120 of
the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002. If you do not tell us now of any
reasons or grounds for remaining in the United Kingdom and you tell us later without
good
reason,
you
will
lose
any
right
of
appeal
you
may
have
otherwise
qualified
for
if
we refuse your claim. You can use the box at the end of section 3.2.

MissyRita
Newly Registered

Post by MissyRita » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:15 pm

Hii Guys, I need help. Please.. it is urgent.

I am a tier 4 uk visa student who has been here for 9 yrs. My student visa ran out in March 28th 2015. I am in my 28 day grace period but I have no college/university to accept me so i am applying for flro. I have a boyfriend and we plan to get married and then withdraw the FLRO application to a SPOUSE VISA/FLRM visa while they process our FLRO application. I am sending off my FLRO application on the 17th April 2015.

I have a number of questions,please help me knowledgeable gurus.

1)Can we get married while the application is pending or wil it raise questions at the home office?
2)If i don't get married to my boyfriend, will my flro application be accepted? I am applying outside immigration rules stating that i want to remain here with my boyfriend and that i want to finish off my degree and i will try to find another university. will they reject or accept? is it compassionate enough?
3)if they reject my application, will i get a right of appeal if i am applying within the 28 day grace period?
4)what are the chances of me staying here and living here permanently? 
5) is there any other option for me to stay?

Help me. 

Best wishes.

Omor4real

Post by Omor4real » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:32 pm

Jedi111 wrote:
Zee ali wrote:
Jedi111 wrote:Hi Everybody,
I am a silent member,i read all the posts in this forum.iam just paranoid about one thing regarding my immigration history.Help in answering that query will be highly appreciated.
I have no gap straightforward case ,inshallah applying for indefinite on lr form few month time ,Except in 2008 my psw visa got refused I went on appeal and the visa was granted.During the appeal process when my appeal was pending I by the advice of my solicitor also initiated another student visa application,which came back as invalid and my fees and all documents for the student visa was returned with home office saying as I already have an appeal pending so I can not make fresh application.after that my appeal which I initiated before this invalid student application was accepted and visa was issued.does this invalid student visa application will have negative affect on my ilr application,I hope not because the appeal was there all the time and there is no gap in 10 years.plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz advise
thanks in advance :D
Dont worry u will be ok. BTW who gave u that wrong advise (put a new application while appeal pending)
Thnx NA74 and zee ali for reply,yes applying for student visa during appeal was not good idea
if i were you i will go for premium and have all the document relating to that event at hand, in case the case worker brought it up. I don't think you should be worry be to keep your mind from weeks of doubt.

Omor4real

Post by Omor4real » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:36 pm

Kartal23 wrote:l know that however do l need to tell them or not ? in front of the application saying that all your reasons or grounds for wishing to stay in the United Kingdom must be
stated in this application. This requirement is being given under section 120 of
the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002. If you do not tell us now of any
reasons or grounds for remaining in the United Kingdom and you tell us later without
good
reason,
you
will
lose
any
right
of
appeal
you
may
have
otherwise
qualified
for
if
we refuse your claim. You can use the box at the end of section 3.2.
Go for premium service then you can address it if they brought it up, that way you sleep well.

Omor4real

Post by Omor4real » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:50 pm

MissyRita wrote:Hii Guys, I need help. Please.. it is urgent.

I am a tier 4 uk visa student who has been here for 9 yrs. My student visa ran out in March 28th 2015. I am in my 28 day grace period but I have no college/university to accept me so i am applying for flro. I have a boyfriend and we plan to get married and then withdraw the FLRO application to a SPOUSE VISA/FLRM visa while they process our FLRO application. I am sending off my FLRO application on the 17th April 2015.

1)Can we get married while the application is pending or wil it raise questions at the home office?
2)If i don't get married to my boyfriend, will my flro application be accepted? I am applying outside immigration rules stating that i want to remain here with my boyfriend and that i want to finish off my degree and i will try to find another university. will they reject or accept? is it compassionate enough?
3)if they reject my application, will i get a right of appeal if i am applying within the 28 day grace period?

Help me. 

Best wishes.
Miss Rita you should have put in the application before your visa runs out, as you send the application after your visa runs out then no right of appeal.

when you get married is your opinion, if HO question it is a matter of you proofing that the whole relationship leading to marriage is geniun.

As flro is outside immigration so is based on HO discretion, but am not being harsh i doubt your reason is strong enough, for instance you've been a student for 9years and the idea that you need more time to finish your course when you are currently not even in any school won't swerve them, your relationship have to be for very long time and you have to show lots of prove that you've been leaving and doing things together for a while.

in my opinion the chance of you living here permanently is through your marriage.

MissyRita
Newly Registered

Post by MissyRita » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:21 pm

Hi omar. Thanks for ur reply.

So if i have no right of appeal then what shall i do?
When i get married, can i easily withdraw my FLRO application to a FLRM application instead?
How long do u think the home office will respond back to me with a decision?
I have submitted my Biometric on Friday 24th April.. i have high hopes for my decision. What do u think?
my boyfriend and i only started living together for 2 weeks. We don't have any proof of living together for 2 years and he does not work up to £18,600.
What are my options?
Please help a friend.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:48 pm

MissyRita wrote:Hi omar. Thanks for ur reply.

So if i have no right of appeal then what shall i do?

U can go for JR(Judicial Review). Expensive and lenghty Process

When i get married, can i easily withdraw my FLRO application to a FLRM application instead?

U can Vary(change) your flro to flr m. U can do it until your flr o is pending but if u get decision on flro u can't vary it.

How long do u think the home office will respond back to me with a decision?

Anytime from now as u gave your bio

I have submitted my Biometric on Friday 24th April.. i have high hopes for my decision. What do u think?

U have 0 %chance to get a visa. A big ZERO.

my boyfriend and i only started living together for 2 weeks. We don't have any proof of living together for 2 years and he does not work up to £18,600.
What are my options?

Your options r very limited now. Biggest mistake u made apply flro after visa expiry so no appeal right. 9 years gone in drain.

Please help a friend.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

MissyRita
Newly Registered

Post by MissyRita » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:56 pm

Hi Zee Ali.
Thank u very much for ur response.

With the Judicial Review? Do i have the option for that once my decision has been sent to me? If i have the option for that then how much is it because you mentioned that it is expensive?? Does everyone have an option to do a Judicial Review? Will i still have leave to remain to do the Judicial review or will i be asked to go home?

Is there anything else apart from the judicial review i could do?

What if i was to get a university now and vary my application from FLRO to Tier 4 if I DO NOT GET MARRIED?
WOULD THAT BE POSSIBLE?
HOW MUCH WILL NEED TO BE IN MY ACCOUNT FOR A TIER 4 APPLICATION NOW?

THANKS ALOT

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:17 pm

Hi RITA,
If you are with in 28 days just send FLRO as soon as possible make it with in this 28 days, they decide such applications very fast so make sure you make your arrangement for another application as soon as possible and vary it before this FLRO get refused. or just wait for the decision of FLRO if you can't make another application, you will definitely get appeal right if you make the application with in the 28 days, i believe this appeal will take one year or more in the mean time as soon as you reached 10 years just withdraw your appeal and make SETLR application, i know someone who has done the same got his visa 3 weeks ago

thanks

MissyRita wrote:Hii Guys, I need help. Please.. it is urgent.

Help me.

Best wishes.

MissyRita
Newly Registered

Post by MissyRita » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:32 pm

Hi Hammad. I was told that if you send an application after my actual visa had expired then no right of appeal. Which 1 is correct. I am getting excited to hear such. If they do reject me with an appeal then i can find a way to push it further till i reach 10 years!!!

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:36 pm

Hi
whoever told this is completely wrong, you do not get appeal right when you have a valid visa at the time of refusal, mark my words you will get appeal right i have a friend who's student visa was expired and he didn't know he applied 43 days after and still got appeal right.

thanks

MissyRita wrote:Hi Hammad. I was told that if you send an application after my actual visa had expired then no right of appeal. Which 1 is correct. I am getting excited to hear such. If they do reject me with an appeal then i can find a way to push it further till i reach 10 years!!!

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:38 pm

Hi
you can confirm it from following lawyers firm by online chat

http://latitudelaw.com

thanks

MissyRita
Newly Registered

Post by MissyRita » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:49 pm

Hi Hammad. Thank u.
So r u saying that i do not necessarily have to depend on getting married only because if i get a rejection from the home office then i have a right of appeal? Am i correct?
I plan to get married in October. Do u think i will have a response by then?

If u look at my previous conversations on here. Everyone has kindly advised me that i will not get a right of appeal because i applied after my tier 4 visa expired. Meaning i applied within my 28 day grace period.
What shall i do now? I have high hopes.

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:56 pm

If you have made or make application within 28 days of visa due date you will get appeal right because i know someone who has done this and got appeal right, why dont you see a lawyer, they will tell what you up to
thanks

MissyRita wrote:Hi Hammad. Thank u.
So r u saying that i do not necessarily have to depend on getting married only because if i get a rejection from the home office then i have a right of appeal? Am i correct?

If u look at my previous conversations on here. Everyone has kindly advised me that i will not get a right of appeal because i applied after my tier 4 visa expired. Meaning i applied within my 28 day grace period.

gbe
Newly Registered

Post by gbe » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:32 pm

Hi all, I need your advice.

My Case was dismissed in court a week after hearing. I was given permission to appeal.

I was refused my Tier 1application on advertisement ground, I appeal against the decision and varied it to ILR when I clock 10 years. However, the judge dismised the hearing on the basis that when I made the application, I was not 10 years at the time and that variation is not for what happened after appeal has been lodge, therefore he dismissed my appeal.

My question is my employer do check in the next 1week, from today.

I will like to do premium application, but my documents are with home office?

How can I go with these?

Should I appeal the judge decision What do you advice?

Na74

Post by Na74 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:58 pm

gbe wrote:Hi all, I need your advice.

My Case was dismissed in court a week after hearing. I was given permission to appeal.

I was refused my Tier 1application on advertisement ground, I appeal against the decision and varied it to ILR when I clock 10 years. However, the judge dismised the hearing on the basis that when I made the application, I was not 10 years at the time and that variation is not for what happened after appeal has been lodge, therefore he dismissed my appeal.

How can I go with these?

You may use this forum for general advice, but by no means it can replace an expert advice.
However HO usually returns documents within 2 weeks, but sometime it can take longer..

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:14 pm

gbe

At first you please appeal for UTT to FTT

If they have not given you permission then you have to ask for it PTA

This is beneficial for you so that your appeal remains continue and section 3c too carries on so that you don't loose right to work

Second I don't think premium service is good for you nor they will allow

Reason is because your case is not straight forward and nor your passport is with you

I suggest go to UTT as you can claim that under section 120 additional grounds needs to be considered and judge may give decision in your favour

Don't loose hope inshallah something good will happen

One of my friend got refused in ftt for tier 1 visa

Appeal refused with permission to go to UTT

They appealed in UTT and also same time applied ILR and in 3 months they got ILR and after that tey also for refusal from UTT for appeal

Na74 wrote:
gbe wrote:Hi all, I need your advice.

How can I go with these?

You may use this forum for general advice, but by no means it can replace an expert advice.
However HO usually returns documents within 2 weeks, but sometime it can take longer..

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:06 pm

hammad14 wrote:If you have made or make application within 28 days of visa due date you will get appeal right because i know someone who has done this and got appeal right, why dont you see a lawyer, they will tell what you up to
thanks

@Hammad
Dont give her false hope. Whatever happened to someone u know could be an exceptional case or error made by caseworker. They r
also human being like us.

I am giving her advise what law and guidance say. If u apply after visa expiry u wont get appeal right. If u still get appeal right by chance then u r lucky or error made by caseworker. i also read a case here in this forum a guy got appeal right even he applied after visa expiry. On the hearing day judge dismissed his appeal as he was not entitle for appeal right.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:10 pm

Rita as i told u before u will get a decision very soon. They wont give u that much time. U should plan your things very carefully. But i don't know what u were up to . Tier 4 is out of question no college or Uni will give u CAS without passport and specially when u have no visa.

das09
Newly Registered

Post by das09 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:03 am

GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO ARE IM THE PROCESS APPLYINGFOR AN ILR ON A.10 YEAR BASIS

Its a pity situatiom for me as i.am only eligible to apply for my ILR after Nov 2015, and therefore my degree certificates would not be sufficient as proof for my english qualifications, as such i have paid a 150pounds to trinity to hrade 5 face to face 10 min interview which is equivalemt to HOs B1 GUIDANNCE... PLEASE PLEASE DO DIRECT AS TO WHAT OTHER DOCUMENTS WOULD I REQUIRE TO APPLY.FOR THE 10YEAR ILR (SET LR APPLICATION)... THANKS N ADVANCE......

Na74

Post by Na74 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:18 am

das09 wrote:GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO ARE IM THE PROCESS APPLYINGFOR AN ILR ON A.10 YEAR BASIS

Its a pity situatiom for me as i.am only eligible to apply for my ILR after Nov 2015, and therefore my degree certificates would not be sufficient as proof for my english qualifications, as such i have paid a 150pounds to trinity to hrade 5 face to face 10 min interview which is equivalemt to HOs B1 GUIDANNCE... PLEASE PLEASE DO DIRECT AS TO WHAT OTHER DOCUMENTS WOULD I REQUIRE TO APPLY.FOR THE 10YEAR ILR (SET LR APPLICATION)... THANKS N ADVANCE......
Will Degree from UK not be sufficient for proof of English ?

???
Newly Registered

Post by ??? » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:42 am

Hi,

Many thanks, I received my confirmation letter today (28-04-2015), even though I had second email from the home office. Just waiting for BRP card. Can I ask that Home office only returned my passports but hvent returned the brp cards, is it normal or shall i contact them about those cards?

Many thanks again for your help and guides

Usman
??? wrote:I received my second email on 20th of April that application is still under consideration. hmm well seems bit strange now..
hapoo wrote:Hi,

when did you received the second email? There are one or two people on this forum who received second email but after 2 weeks got their visa. Although its not normal to get the second email.

thanks
??? wrote:Hi all,

I had applied for Ilr on 9th march, received biometric letter and enrolled bio on 27th march. After that I had received another email from the home-office, while noticed that people applied after me receive their visa. I believed that my case is straigt forward, never was refused for extension and have studied in universities (8 years+2 years psw). Can I ask that if receving second email is normal or it is a sign that case will be in home office for some time.

Many thanks

Usman

hapoo

Post by hapoo » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:30 pm

Good news usman, congratulation

i am still waiting applied on 16/03/15?

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:55 pm

Congrats Usman???

Enjoy your freedom

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:55 pm

Dear all,
Can anyone please answer the follwoing questions
1: if someone goes back to home country to get student visa, will it break 10 years long residence?
2: if student visa gets refused, will it break 10 years long residence.

Thanks a lot