ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Vignette stickers brp and citizenship

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Makebelieve
Newly Registered

Vignette stickers brp and citizenship

Post by Makebelieve » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:34 pm

Can some one explain to me please as I am confused. Did provide brp when had ILR nor requesting No Time Limit. I have now applied for citizenshi will I be require to get brp or residence card, at the time of my citizenship application I wa not under immigration control. Advised if my application would be considered.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Vignette stickers brp and citizenship

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:32 am

It is difficult to understand your post, it doesnt quite make sense.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Makebelieve
Newly Registered

Post by Makebelieve » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:02 am

Hi

It's like this, I had obtained my ILR in 2012, I did not have my fingers/biometric done as I had work permit therefore classified as non point base system. I have now applied for citizenship but realised there are new changes, which include providing Finger prints and facial image. I have used the June 2014 not the New form. I have received acknowdgement letter and paid the old fee. My question is there anyone who has circumstances like mine? What are there experiences? Did they have to enrol their biometric when they apply for citizenship? Or did they apply for No time limit ie transfer of conditions from their vignettes stickers stamped in their passport to a residence card which is also a new requirement? Or did they get the approval without any of the requirements? I hope I have made me self clear :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Makebelieve
Newly Registered

Post by Makebelieve » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:07 am

Hi

It's like this, I had obtained my ILR in 2012, I did not have my fingers/biometric done as I had work permit therefore classified as non point base system. I have now applied for citizenship but realised there are new changes, which include providing Finger prints and facial image. I have used the June 2014 not the New form. I have received acknowdgement letter and paid the old fee. My question is there anyone who has circumstances like mine? What are there experiences? Did they have to enrol their biometric when they apply for citizenship? Or did they apply for No time limit ie transfer of conditions from their vignettes stickers stamped in their passport to a residence card which is also a new requirement? Or did they get the approval without any of the requirements? I hope I have made me self clear :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:19 am

I am fairly certain that for ILR in 2012 you would have had to do biometrics, all categories of visa (pbs and non-pbs) applying for ILR would have to do it, I myself had to do biometrics as a non-pbs visa holder.

As the biometric requirement for naturalisation is only about 3 weeks old, I doubt anyone would be able to provide you with information about it at this stage.

You might be asked to do it or you might not be asked to do it. It should not affect your application either way. Best would be to wait for any further correspondence or approval letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Makebelieve
Newly Registered

Post by Makebelieve » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:45 am

Thanks I will just wait and c how things unfold it's about money all the time any opportunity they can get.....the residence card for people with viginnetes is 270 I think.
I applied my ILR before the new changes ie before 29 February 2012 that is why I did not provide my biometric

karthikeyanpa
Newly Registered

Post by karthikeyanpa » Thu May 07, 2015 3:30 pm

I have applied for Tier2-Long Term Visa for Myself and my dependents. I was planned to bring the family to UK after 3 months. But Due to BRP Policy mentioned has to reach UK before 30 days.
Is any possibility to collect the Dependent BRP after 3 months or i can collect BRP for my dependents.

Regards
karthikeyan