ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from student to hsmp dependant

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bunty_76
Newly Registered

Switching from student to hsmp dependant

Post by bunty_76 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:20 pm

Hi I am Indian desperately seeking an advise and help regarding my husband visa application. My husband is an Indian was on student visa in UK for the past 5 years. His student visa was valid until 31st March 2007. We got married last year in April 2006. I have applied for HSMP and got through in Sept 2006. I came to UK in Nov 2006. My husband have made an application to switch from student to HSMP dependant in UK. We understand that a student is not eligible to switch to HSMP dependant in UK unless he/she has successfully complete a degree course from recognized UK universities.

How ever we made an application inside UK under exceptional case through an OISC registered agent in Feb 2007. We received a letter stating that "The application is valid under exceptional case and would take time to verify the case in march 2007 and the person would remain to leave in same status until we make decision". Since then we have not received any kind of response from Home Office, UK. We have made several attempts to find the visa status. We only receive one answer from the advisor in Home Office that " Your application is awaiting for consideration. We cannot say how long the processing time takes. Please check the website for processing time scales for visa application". Now it has been nearly 8 months (32 weeks) since we made an application. Dont understand what to do. His passport is held up with home office and with out him I cannot travel any where.

Please advise and help us to get visa and passport.

thanks

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:33 pm

On waht exceptional basis did you apply? What were the reasons?
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.