ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AyeM.Ali

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by AyeM.Ali » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:09 pm

kopfan wrote:
tiger90210 wrote:
nazk123 wrote:Hi congratulations to all those who have been successful with their applications. :D I got married last month and will be starting to get together all the required paperwork for my husbands application. I was hoping to get answers here to a couple of questions i had:

My yearly income is above £18,600 but i get paid every 4 weeks rather than monthly which means i get 13 payslips per year and not 12. My worry is that if i submit 6 payslips they will just add them up and x2 (ive been told this is how they calculate your annual income) which would make it seem like i earn under £18,600. Would it be sufficient if i mention that i get paid every 4 weeks in my cover letter and letter from my employer? Dont want the application to be refused on a misunderstanding on if i meet the financial requirement or not.

Also once an application is successful, is there a time limit on when your spouse has to enter the uk. I was planning on going to pakistan and coming back with my spouse once his visa has been granted but i cant do this if they say you have to enter the uk within a month or something. I know im thinking a bit too far ahead lol
1. The visa will be for 28 days
2. If u get paid monthly gross amount has to be 1550
Nothing less will do

Not to cause any offence - this is why I suggested people sign up to Expat forum - where there are some really professional voluntary people.

The visa is not for 28 days - if this is settlement visa - it is for 33 months - and you can leave anytime in that time HOWEVER, you should arrive in UK with 30 months still left on visa - as to be able to extend it - you would need to have been in UK for 30 months.

Do not take my word as final - I really suggest that those who are failing with visas join Expat forum Britain visa section - they know the ins and outs and you will get very quick replies.

May Allah make it easy for all of you. Ameen - Thuma Ameen.

Hi kopfan! Could you please share the link of this Expat forum so its easier for us join it. Sorry to cause you any trouble.

Thanks in advance!

kopfan

Post by kopfan » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:39 pm

No problem
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/britai ... -living-uk

Or in google type expat forum britain

Hamza.123

Post by Hamza.123 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:29 pm

sean2606 wrote:Just an update.

Received a process an on 24/04/15, and a call from Gerry's this morning, my wife has collected her passport and by the grace of God almighty her visa has been granted. Just wanted to thank everyone here for their help and support.
I had a few doubts with our application as my weekly is +/- 20p different as to my Standing Order and quite a few people have been rejected on that. I did not submit any previous chat history or house inspection report instead just a letter from my landlord, ! big mistake i ad made which i realised after submitting the application is that on form VAF4A i accidentally put down my start date of employment as 2006 where as i had begun in 2008 which is what my letter of employment stated.

What i am trying to say is that for anyone who has submitted their documents and is in doubt please just pray and trust in the Lord Almighty for everything is in His hands.
Mubarak may allah tala shower his blessing upon you ameen
02/03/2015: Online Applicaton submitted
10/03/2015: Documents And Biometrics Mirpur
26/06/2015: Documents Returned
27/06/2015: Visa Granted
All Praise's To The Lord Off The Worlsd Allah Swt And The Noor Off Are Eyes Muhammed PBUH

nazk123
Newly Registered

Post by nazk123 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:02 pm

tallojani wrote:
nazk123 wrote:Hi congratulations to all those who have been successful with their applications. :D I got married last month and will be starting to get together all the required paperwork for my husbands application. I was hoping to get answers here to a couple of questions i had:

My yearly income is above £18,600 but i get paid every 4 weeks rather than monthly which means i get 13 payslips per year and not 12. My worry is that if i submit 6 payslips they will just add them up and x2 (ive been told this is how they calculate your annual income) which would make it seem like i earn under £18,600. Would it be sufficient if i mention that i get paid every 4 weeks in my cover letter and letter from my employer? Dont want the application to be refused on a misunderstanding on if i meet the financial requirement or not.

Also once an application is successful, is there a time limit on when your spouse has to enter the uk. I was planning on going to pakistan and coming back with my spouse once his visa has been granted but i cant do this if they say you have to enter the uk within a month or something. I know im thinking a bit too far ahead lol
You can explain in yur cover letter that yu get paid 4 weekely and not montly, make sure your employer confirims this in their letter aswel. Ensure yu submit enough payslips and bank statements to cover 6 months.
I was assuming it would be fine as i do earn above the required amount but just wasnt sure if the 4 week pay would cause a problem, as most people on the forums were getting paid monthly and wernt in the same boat as me. I will make sure to mention it in my cover letter and letter from my employer.

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:56 am

nazk123 wrote:
tallojani wrote:

I was assuming it would be fine as i do earn above the required amount but just wasnt sure if the 4 week pay would cause a problem, as most people on the forums were getting paid monthly and wernt in the same boat as me. I will make sure to mention it in my cover letter and letter from my employer.
Salaam sister, congrats on ur marriage! dont worry inshallah u wil be fine, wen i applied one of my jobs was also paid every 4 weeks rather than monthly, as tallojani has mentioned as long as u give 6 months worth payslips and bank statements u shud b fine (even if it means giving 7/8 payslips) all the best let us know if u need any help x
Applied Lahore: 10 October 2013
Refused: 09 September 2014
Re-applied Lahore: 24 September 2014
Application Processed: 02 January 2015
VISA GRANTED ALHAMDULLILAH: 06 January 2015

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:57 am

sean2606 wrote:Just an update.

Received a process an on 24/04/15, and a call from Gerry's this morning, my wife has collected her passport and by the grace of God almighty her visa has been granted. Just wanted to thank everyone here for their help and support.
I had a few doubts with our application as my weekly is +/- 20p different as to my Standing Order and quite a few people have been rejected on that. I did not submit any previous chat history or house inspection report instead just a letter from my landlord, ! big mistake i ad made which i realised after submitting the application is that on form VAF4A i accidentally put down my start date of employment as 2006 where as i had begun in 2008 which is what my letter of employment stated.

What i am trying to say is that for anyone who has submitted their documents and is in doubt please just pray and trust in the Lord Almighty for everything is in His hands.
Masahallah amazing news congrats! wish u all the best x

rmz27

Post by rmz27 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:06 pm

Salaam All, im in the middle of setting up my application for my wifes visa, i just wanted to know im sending our whatsapp conversations which we mostly communicate on, ive emailed the conversation to myself and its about 200+ pages, i just wanted to know would this be accepted by the ECO, like how its layout is, or should i just take print screens off the chats we had and print them? hope somebody can help me out

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:42 pm

rmz27 wrote:Salaam All, im in the middle of setting up my application for my wifes visa, i just wanted to know im sending our whatsapp conversations which we mostly communicate on, ive emailed the conversation to myself and its about 200+ pages, i just wanted to know would this be accepted by the ECO, like how its layout is, or should i just take print screens off the chats we had and print them? hope somebody can help me out

No need to send the whole history. Just take screen shots of parts of conversation. make sure it's evenly spread out through the duration of your relationship. Also make sure the screen shots have a date stamp on it too, this can be done by scrolling up or down if you are using an idiot-phone and the date will appear for a few seconds and that's when you need to take the screen shot. One screenshot from every couple of weeks will be sufficient, but depends on how long you have been married for. So if you have been married for 1 yr then 3 screenshots per month will be fine, if you have been married for longer then 1 or 2 screenshots per month. You can transfer these screenshots to your computer and print up to 9 screenshots per page (will still be clear and readable, ideally print in colour)

ECO just wants to see that you have been communicating throughout your marriage and that your marriage is subsisting. They don't want to read through 200 pages of Whatsapp and it may lead to them missing out on reading a more important document. Keep your application concise and clear.

Also to strengthen you application include any Other forms of communication if available i.e. phone bills, money transfer receipts, emails, Facebook etc.

If you follow the above I can guarantee that your application will not fail on the grounds of lack of evidence for a subsisting relationship

rmz27

Post by rmz27 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:57 pm

i got married in january this year, ive just noticed my whatsapp convos start from mid march which ive emailed as our previous chats i deleted accidently, due to my phone crashing, so would print screen from march to say may be ideal, we also speak on viber and skype and also on the phone which I have got my call logs printed

sean2606
United Kingdom

Post by sean2606 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:49 pm

Thanks for all your well wishes.
I know this is not the right place for my question but if someone could pm with a reply that would be helpful.

Anyone whose spouse has recently traveled to the UK, how did you deal with excess luggage as the airlines only allow 30 kgs. Does anyone know of any company in Karachi that can handle excess luggage?

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:01 pm

rmz27 wrote:i got married in january this year, I've just noticed my whatsapp convos start from mid march which ive emailed as our previous chats i deleted accidently, due to my phone crashing, so would print screen from march to say may be ideal, we also speak on viber and skype and also on the phone which I have got my call logs printed
I provided 8 months whatsapp log, printed the complete chat log and sent it. Plus about 2 months viber call logs. That's all I had, did't have any Skype or Facebook logs, nothing else for communication.
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:52 pm

rmz27 wrote:i got married in january this year, ive just noticed my whatsapp convos start from mid march which ive emailed as our previous chats i deleted accidently, due to my phone crashing, so would print screen from march to say may be ideal, we also speak on viber and skype and also on the phone which I have got my call logs printed
As long as you have call logs from Viber/Skype/phone dating back from january you will be fine. Just make sure that the evidence you submit covers the dates from january to the date of submission.

nazk123
Newly Registered

Post by nazk123 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:52 pm

i.need.help wrote:
rmz27 wrote:i got married in january this year, I've just noticed my whatsapp convos start from mid march which ive emailed as our previous chats i deleted accidently, due to my phone crashing, so would print screen from march to say may be ideal, we also speak on viber and skype and also on the phone which I have got my call logs printed
I provided 8 months whatsapp log, printed the complete chat log and sent it. Plus about 2 months viber call logs. That's all I had, did't have any Skype or Facebook logs, nothing else for communication.
In my whatsapp log with my husband we have exchanged messages in both english and urdu (written in english letters but when you read it its urdu). Do you think i would need to get the non english bits translated or does it not matter?

nazk123
Newly Registered

Post by nazk123 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:34 pm

Ket1 wrote:Salaam sister, congrats on ur marriage! dont worry inshallah u wil be fine, wen i applied one of my jobs was also paid every 4 weeks rather than monthly, as tallojani has mentioned as long as u give 6 months worth payslips and bank statements u shud b fine (even if it means giving 7/8 payslips) all the best let us know if u need any help x
Thank you :D thats made me feel much better. I tend to worry a lot over small things!

tiger90210

Post by tiger90210 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:39 pm

Help urgent .,,,,when I applied on 2nd April my bank statement
Coverd from 8 oct 2014 till 12 April 2015 docs submitted
21/4/15 will that be ok
Last edited by tiger90210 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:39 pm

nazk123 wrote:
i.need.help wrote:
In my whatsapp log with my husband we have exchanged messages in both english and urdu (written in english letters but when you read it its urdu). Do you think i would need to get the non english bits translated or does it not matter?
Our chats were both in english and urdu. I didn't get them translated.
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

Hamza.123

Post by Hamza.123 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:16 am

Sallam to everyone on the forum

I applied for the Mrs on the 10/03/2015
Week 7 started from Yesterday
We applied from Mirpur isnt mirpur supposed to be the fastest?
What should i do should i ask for a update or has anyone got any suggestion?
Thankyou
Last edited by Hamza.123 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
All Praise's To The Lord Off The Worlsd Allah Swt And The Noor Off Are Eyes Muhammed PBUH

auntsally

Post by auntsally » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:09 am

Hamza.123 wrote:Sallam to everyone on the forum

I applied for the Mrs on the 10/04/2015
Thankyou
Hi

You could contact if you want to. Below is my timeline and I'm still waiting. A few have had decisions really quickly and that's what my husband had been told when he submitted our docs. But I'm waiting patiently ??? Good luck!

Online app......13/02/15
BIO Mirpur.......23/02/15
Received @ ISB.25/02/15
Awaiting positive outcome inshAllah

kopfan

Post by kopfan » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:33 am

You need to understand - you applied on 10th - that is 13 WORKING days

the website says 12 weeks - that is 120 WORKING days - before they should/must make a decision

you applied in April - we have quite a few people who applied in March who have not heared yet - from looking at things - they are stilll on February applications and appeals - so you may want to hold tight - you still got time to wait.

Seems like they are at the end of February batch of applications.

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:12 am

rmz27 wrote:i got married in january this year, ive just noticed my whatsapp convos start from mid march which ive emailed as our previous chats i deleted accidently, due to my phone crashing, so would print screen from march to say may be ideal, we also speak on viber and skype and also on the phone which I have got my call logs printed
thas not a problem aslong as u can cover the period from ur marriage to march with other forms of communication such as call logs etc u shud b fine i applied with loads of different forms all from different dates and it didnt make a difference, i only gave whatsap chats from the previous 3months and about a few messages evryday. jus screenshoted the numbers and where it says our profile status etc and the convo i emailed to myself and then deleted most of it out

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:13 am

nazk123 wrote:
Ket1 wrote:Salaam sister, congrats on ur marriage! dont worry inshallah u wil be fine, wen i applied one of my jobs was also paid every 4 weeks rather than monthly, as tallojani has mentioned as long as u give 6 months worth payslips and bank statements u shud b fine (even if it means giving 7/8 payslips) all the best let us know if u need any help x
Thank you :D thats made me feel much better. I tend to worry a lot over small things!
no wories u have evry ryt to its a stressing process! no need to get it translated, myn wer also th sme x

March2015

Post by March2015 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:18 am

Any updates today?

@shreen - what happened with your application?

Hamza.123

Post by Hamza.123 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:21 am

auntsally wrote:
Hamza.123 wrote:Sallam to everyone on the forum

I applied for the Mrs on the 10/04/2015
Thankyou
Hi

You could contact if you want to. Below is my timeline and I'm still waiting. A few have had decisions really quickly and that's what my husband had been told when he submitted our docs. But I'm waiting patiently ??? Good luck!

Online app......13/02/15
BIO Mirpur.......23/02/15
Received @ ISB.25/02/15
Awaiting positive outcome inshAllah
Hey sorry i applied in march and inshallah we both will get are visa's time will tell and im goinig to email them on week 8

khuram_noman

Post by khuram_noman » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:02 pm

my wife applied from lahore on 12 March 2015, and still waiting. Im also thinking to ask for the update after 8 weeks.

Hamza.123

Post by Hamza.123 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:56 pm

kopfan wrote:You need to understand - you applied on 10th - that is 13 WORKING days

the website says 12 weeks - that is 120 WORKING days - before they should/must make a decision

you applied in April - we have quite a few people who applied in March who have not heared yet - from looking at things - they are stilll on February applications and appeals - so you may want to hold tight - you still got time to wait.

Seems like they are at the end of February batch of applications.
Hey sorry i applied on the 10/03/2015 which is march not april
How long do you think i have got left Thanks