ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby born abroad from PR parents

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kirifella
Newly Registered

Baby born abroad from PR parents

Post by kirifella » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:26 am

I'm an EU citizen who will be applying for UK PR in August 2015, with the intention of applying for naturalization in August 2016. I understand that between Aug-15 and Aug-16, a newborn child would automatically be considered British citizen because of my Permanent Residency status. But does the rule apply even if the child is born abroad? And, if so, is there ANY legal difference between having a baby born in the UK versus abroad after I become permanent resident?

kirifella
Newly Registered

Re: Baby born abroad from PR parents

Post by kirifella » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:02 pm

Anybody in the position to kindly advise?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:06 pm

Children of a settled parent are automatically British citizens, if they are born in the UK. They are not British if born aboard.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kirifella
Newly Registered

Post by kirifella » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:11 pm

Thanks vinny