ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what type of bank accounts for visa application?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mookie
Newly Registered

what type of bank accounts for visa application?

Post by mookie » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:03 pm

Hi

If anyone could help-I would be grateful.

I recently married-my husband is a student currently completing his ACCA. We are starting to arrange things i.e documentation but I would like clearance on something.

We are due to open a joint account soon however I have heard conflicting advice on this.

We would both like to open a new joint account that we would each pay money into every month. It would be separate to his current and my current account. I know it is quite common to do this anyway but my concerns is that

a) will this be sufficient when it come to making his stay here permanent
b)or do I need to convert my current account into a joint account?

People have told me that its no use if the joint account we set up doesn't have our wages coming in every month and that a separate account where we deposit money in wont be enough.

Can anyone help? I am worried that HO may not think our relationship is genuine enough if we dont have one account where both ofour salaries are paid into.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks
Mookie

topazstar

Bank account

Post by topazstar » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:04 am

I know that the ECO need to see evidence of salary going into bank and things like household utility bills being paid, mortgage and/or rent etc. I would have thought that as long as you can show this for both of you, AND have a joint account too, then this should be fine.
We have just applied for spouse visa and I have account in my name only, but it does show all of the above. We cannot open joint account til my husband is in UK. I know lots of people are in this position when applying for visa.
So I think you will be OK with the accounts running as you suggest.

katiepig
Newly Registered

joint bank account

Post by katiepig » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:21 am

We have just got my husbands spouse visa and we provided both our individual bank accounts ( two of mine, as the sponsor, one bill account, one general account where my salary is paid)my husbands account with not much in as not working, and a joint account with some activity, we tended to buy stuff from e bay and had a direct debit coming from there such as the tv/ internet payment just to show use, although it was mainly my activity it showed use as both of us.
The joint account was another bit of evidence for us, showing a life together so why not.
Good luck.