ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IS FLR M is a settlement visa?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

qip
Newly Registered

IS FLR M is a settlement visa?

Post by qip » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:35 pm

We wish to apply for my wife's mother to come over to visit us,as our baby is due soon. There are two choices: general visitor and family visitor visa. To qualify for family visitor visa, my wife has to be settled in UK.
However, I a bit puzzled due to visa wording. As, quite often everywhere it is stated that flr m is a settlemet visa, but gov.uk states that you are counted as settled,once you've got ILR.

Can someone clarify please.

Rayking

Re: IS FLR M is a settlement visa?

Post by Rayking » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:46 pm

Well,what's important is that your wife can invite her mother for stated reason and you can as well,you can jointly invite her,but the onus is on her to prove she will live at the stated time.
Settled status is ILR,but someone with live to remain can also invite family member.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:27 am

qip wrote:There are two choices: general visitor and family visitor visa.
I believe that the previous General and Family visitor category have been combined/replaced by the Standard visitor category.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

A Helping Hand
Newly Registered

Post by A Helping Hand » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:22 pm

All you need is a Standard Visitor Visa for your mother in law.

check this out .. hopefully this will help you https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/overview