ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please advise.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hellonewhere

Re: Please advise.

Post by hellonewhere » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:46 pm

^^^ thank you.

The caseworker will say the same thing to a lawyer that she told me so no point really.

Plus, I want my documents back asap. I need to have my ILR stamped on my passport as my passport was stolen in 2012. Yes sadly I was coming back from a job interview and some silly muffin stole my passport and phone from my bag on the bus. Grim times. There's also a fee and a long wait for this as well. I didn't do it before because I didn't have the money as I was still studying. Yes sadly even after getting ILR, I was still studying and still am 4 years later and in the same bloxxxxy field.

I don't want to have false hope and wait pointlessly. I have to travel home soon as my father, who's 84 years old, is quite ill and I have only seen my parents once in 14 years since being in the UK. It's heartbreaking for me.

I will keep you posted re the outcome. Thank you.

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:15 pm

hellonewhere wrote:^^^ thank you.

The caseworker will say the same thing to a lawyer that she told me so no point really.

Plus, I want my documents back asap. I need to have my ILR stamped on my passport as my passport was stolen in 2012. Yes sadly I was coming back from a job interview and some silly muffin stole my passport and phone from my bag on the bus. Grim times. There's also a fee and a long wait for this as well. I didn't do it before because I didn't have the money as I was still studying. Yes sadly even after getting ILR, I was still studying and still am 4 years later and in the same bloxxxxy field.

I don't want to have false hope and wait pointlessly. I have to travel home soon as my father, who's 84 years old, is quite ill and I have only seen my parents once in 14 years since being in the UK. It's heartbreaking for me.

I will keep you posted re the outcome. Thank you.
God be with you my friend, all the very best.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:27 pm

hellonewhere wrote:I want my documents back asap. I need to have my ILR stamped on my passport as my passport was stolen in 2012. Yes sadly I was coming back from a job interview and some silly muffin stole my passport and phone from my bag on the bus. Grim times. There's also a fee and a long wait for this as well. I didn't do it before because I didn't have the money as I was still studying. Yes sadly even after getting ILR, I was still studying and still am 4 years later and in the same bloxxxxy field.

Really sorry to hear that. Its a shame you didn't request your passport back sooner to travel, especially with the long HO delay in making a decision on your application.

Am I right in understanding that as your passport was stolen, the HO couldn't verify your absences/UK residence period using that? And therefore I'm guessing they may be trying to use your attendance records as an alternative to verify this.

I do sincerely hope that you get a positive outcome, even if it is through a reconsideration request.

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:41 pm

cs95tdg - thank you .
I am not sure. It could be but I am not sure right now.

I didn't ask for my documents back before because as I mentioned I would have had to pay another fee to have the ILR stamped on my passport and this would have been delayed as well. I didn't want to complicate things. I thought it was better to wait for the decision etc. yes I was being naive as can clearly be seen now.

When the caseworker requested for the info originally, I was aware that it was to verify my presence in the UK. This is why I sent bank statements, credit card statements, council letters, NI application, interview and confirmation etc., hospital letters, graduation ceremony letters and a lot of documents to demonstrate that I was in the UK. But as she mentioned she can't accept any of these for nationality purposes.

Heck, I couldn't even leave the country with a blank passport so I have absolutely no idea how someone could think that I traveleld out of the country.

I don't know. Not in my destiny that's all.

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:09 pm

On a bright note, at least I have been warned so I won't have a shock when the refusal arrives.

On a much brighter note, at least I have the permission to work and live in the UK and have a great career, still studying and pursuing my academic aspirations, will be able to travel to see my dad hopefully soon and in the next couple of weeks will be moving in my own property. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't look too bad. Suffice to say, I am over the disappointment now.

Thank you for all the encouragement and good wishes. It means a lot to me.

I will update upon further response from the HO.

IraMil357

Post by IraMil357 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:26 am

hellonewhere wrote:On a bright note, at least I have been warned so I won't have a shock when the refusal arrives.

On a much brighter note, at least I have the permission to work and live in the UK and have a great career, still studying and pursuing my academic aspirations, will be able to travel to see my dad hopefully soon and in the next couple of weeks will be moving in my own property. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't look too bad. Suffice to say, I am over the disappointment now.

Thank you for all the encouragement and good wishes. It means a lot to me.

I will update upon further response from the HO.
That is a very positive attitude!! Well done and all the best for the future :)
Applied 03/03/2015
Fee deducted 10/03/2015
Approval letter received 01/05/2015
Ceremony 02/06/2015
Passport application sent 05/06/2015

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:23 am

^^^ thank you.

UPDATE

The caseworker has called me twice this morning. Sadly missed her calls both times.

She left a message she will call back in an hour.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:30 am

hellonewhere wrote:^^^ thank you.

UPDATE

The caseworker has called me twice this morning. Sadly missed her calls both times.

She left a message she will call back in an hour.
Thanks, do keep us posted.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:32 am

FINAL UPDATE

I have got an approval.

Many many thanks everyone. I will post a much better post later during the day.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:35 am

hellonewhere wrote:FINAL UPDATE

I have got an approval.

Brilliant! Congratulations! :)

I was thinking that you've sent everything yet they're asking. Anyway, great news and thanks for information, please, take your time for this to sink in :lol: and post whenever you like.

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:39 am

Congratulations!!! God works in mysterious ways :)

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:44 am

I have got an approval.

That's certainly excellent news. Congratulations!

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:19 am

Against the wishes of my husband - who thought I might offend the caseworker, I sent an email late last night to her.

I won't post it here as it has a lot of personal information.

I don't have much of a fear mechanism so I went for broke. I figured out she had already made up her mind so I had nothing to lose.

Obviously this morning, I felt ashamed of the message I sent her. I felt remorseful at the way I handled it. It wasn't my finest hour. I felt terribly bad so when she called I apologised for the message.

She was a lovely lady. She told me although the evidence I supplied weren't acceptable for nationality purposes, she spent hours on my case with another senior caseworker and they decided that as I have worked really hard in pursuing my career, the Secretary of State is approving my application. She informed me I will receive my documents back as well as the approval letter and a ceremony letter from my council in the next few days. She told me she wish me all the very best in my life and she's sorry for any distress she caused me.

Thank you everyone in this thread for keeping my hope up when I was losing it. Everyone of you who posted in this thread truly picked up my spirit. I was given very good advices and sincere good wishes by you all; thank you.

Everyone who's waiting, I pray you get your approval soon. Thank you.

CR001 - thank you for the sympathies and good wishes.

fwd079, Siraj, CS95tdg, Ira - you guys rock; you guys were really supportive to me.

It has been a long journey.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:56 pm

hellonewhere wrote:She was a lovely lady. She told me although the evidence I supplied weren't acceptable for nationality purposes, she spent hours on my case with another senior caseworker and they decided that as I have worked really hard in pursuing my career, the Secretary of State is approving my application. She informed me I will receive my documents back as well as the approval letter and a ceremony letter from my council in the next few days. She told me she wish me all the very best in my life and she's sorry for any distress she caused me.
Based on what you posted before in how your new caseworker was actually responding to your emails quite promptly & also giving you repeated calls, it was clear that whoever it was, was really trying their best to make the correct decision. I'm sure all the evidence you provided certainly helped. Long journeys sometimes make you appreciate the happy endings even more. :)

Congrats once again and good luck with the future!

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:15 pm

hellonewhere wrote:Against the wishes of my husband - who thought I might offend the caseworker, I sent an email late last night to her.

I won't post it here as it has a lot of personal information.

I don't have much of a fear mechanism so I went for broke. I figured out she had already made up her mind so I had nothing to lose.

Obviously this morning, I felt ashamed of the message I sent her. I felt remorseful at the way I handled it. It wasn't my finest hour. I felt terribly bad so when she called I apologised for the message.

She was a lovely lady. She told me although the evidence I supplied weren't acceptable for nationality purposes, she spent hours on my case with another senior caseworker and they decided that as I have worked really hard in pursuing my career, the Secretary of State is approving my application. She informed me I will receive my documents back as well as the approval letter and a ceremony letter from my council in the next few days. She told me she wish me all the very best in my life and she's sorry for any distress she caused me.

Thank you everyone in this thread for keeping my hope up when I was losing it. Everyone of you who posted in this thread truly picked up my spirit. I was given very good advices and sincere good wishes by you all; thank you.

Everyone who's waiting, I pray you get your approval soon. Thank you.

CR001 - thank you for the sympathies and good wishes.

fwd079, Siraj, CS95tdg, Ira - you guys rock; you guys were really supportive to me.

It has been a long journey.
Thanks for sharing this personal experience and you're welcome.

If you feel like, whenever you apply for British Passport, please can you add your timeline in this thread for benefit of others?

Good luck in all your future endeavours. :)

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:19 pm

^^^thank you

Yes you are right, she was very helpful to me.
She told me she spent hours yesterday going through all my documents to make a strong case for me before taking it to the senior case worker.

She preserved for me. I am blessed that she was on my side otherwise it was going to be a refusal. And yes she was responding very quickly which I truly appreciated. And she started calling me at 8 in the morning. She called me two more times before I picked up. God must have been on my side.
I am very thankful to her. She was on the phone for a while and very approachable and lovely sounding. She said she wanted me to have a better day as I sounded down by my email. She did!

She was like " I am just calling to give you the news myself instead of waiting for the post". I thought that was very kind of her.

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:21 pm

fwd079 - yes I would. Thank you.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:32 pm

It's good to see kind caseworkers.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:29 pm

vinny wrote:It's good to see kind caseworkers.

Yes Vinny you are right, she was kind and it is amazing to see the kindness of strangers who went out of their way for me esp in this thread, all the good people who advised me and kept up my hope.

and this lovely lovely person just emailed me this

"Dear Mrs xxxx

Thank you for your e.mail, it really was my pleasure to be able to grant your application. I can confirm that your application was granted today and you should receive your supporting documents back early next week. The invitation to attend a ceremony to receive your certificate is usually sent within two weeks.

Kind regards and Best Wishes in your chosen career".

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Mon May 11, 2015 2:45 pm

hellonewhere wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:
hellonewhere wrote:I sent letters of enrolment from the school from 2008-2011. I also sent the qualification I achieved. I also sent confirmation of progress from the school.
I have been working in the field in I studied for since 2012; I have also since become a member of the body I studied for.

I have asked her to look through my immigration for letters of attendance as I supplied those for my student visas.
I was in the same school for ten years.
Did you keep copies of this evidence? This appears to be what's missing in what you have now resubmitted to the HO.

Irrespective of the outcome I would make a SAR as soon as possible (even if it doesn't arrive before the deadline the HO have given you) to be used towards a reconsideration request, in the event your application is initially refused on that basis. The SAR should give you the attendance evidence mentioned above - unless you already have copies with you to send.

Thanks cs95tdg. No I didn't as the school was keeping the copies.

I will make the SAR request now. Thank you.
Did u manage to send ur caseworker the documents she requires?
If yes then any reply as of yet?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 11, 2015 4:20 pm

I have got an approval.

The OP posted on page 2 of this topic that her application was approved.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Mon May 11, 2015 4:33 pm

Thanks CR001 u r a star.