ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

student visa refusal appeal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arti
Newly Registered

student visa refusal appeal

Post by arti » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:58 am

hi congratulations for the job you doing to help people with their problems.

I live in u.k and i acted as a sponsor with my wife for my sister who lives in Albania to come and study english in U.k. for a year. i send all the documents required to support her application. we rent a three bedroom house outside London. the embassy refused her visa.
REASONS FOR REFUSAL

Mr x and mrs y acting as your sponsors will fund the cost of your tution, maintenance and accommodation. i note that you have provided a letter from the college stating that a deposit of £400 has been paid. however, the letter does not tell me exatly what the cost of the entire course is for the full year of your studies. therefore i am unable to determine if your sponsor have access to sufficient funds to cover the entire cost of your course. ifurther note that you have provided bank statements for both of your sponsors. the bank for mr x held a balance of £1561. the bank statements for mrs y held a balance of £500. the second held a balance of £1225. the third bank statement held a balance of £ 25210. however after examining the wage slips for both your sponsors the size of the funds within this account are not commensurate with your sponsors monthly income. you have failed to provide evidence to show where this funds have come from. the british council suggests an estimated cost of approximately £700 per month i.e £8400 not taking into account course fees and air tickets. therefore on the basis of probabilities i am not satisfied that your sponsor have access to sufficient funds in order to pay for your sudies in the u.k
i refuse your application

now, on the refusal letter it does not take into account that my sister has a saving of £3500 on her account. also the british council suggests an estimated costs of £600 a month outside london £5400 per academic year.http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front ... enty%20two.
so i am not sure whether the reasons for refusal are well founded. i will appeal it but i need some help from the proffesionals here. my sister in a graduated electronic enginier working for the ministry of defence and the reasons she wanted to come here was to study english as she will need it to do a master deegre. also combining the ammount of money she has, even without my wifes and my savings, also the accomodation she does n ot have to pay, her savings would have been enough to support herself.
any suggestion what to do next?

[/u][/b]

clairey

Post by clairey » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:06 am

The British Embassy in Tirana strikes again!! It seems their refusal rate is going through the roof.

Arti I'm sorry they have refused your sister's visa. I'm currently having problems with the embassy in Tirana trying to get my husband's cousin a visa to visit the UK.

It seems to me someone new has taken over the department and they a refusing a high number of visas.

stmellon

Post by stmellon » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:26 am

Dear Arti,

I am not a professional, just trying to help as much as possible. Perhaps another board member will offer more detailed advice than I can.

Firstly, regarding the issue of the school's letter, it is quite clear that for your appeal you will need another letter from the school clearly stating the full cost of one year's tuition. This will help the ECO to determine whether the sponsors have sufficient funds.

Secondly, regarding the bank statements, it is hardly surprising that they have rejected the application when £25k has suddenly landed in Mrs Y's bank account. Where has this money come from? To the skeptical eye it looks like money has been borrowed from friends and family to make it *look* like they have enough money to support the application - and the only reason they would need to do this is if they actually *didn't* have enough money.

If the sponsors could demonstrate where this £25k has come from - i.e. from a bank loan that they can afford to repay, or from previously exisiting savings, rather than, say, from friends and family that will be repaid in full as soon as the visa is issued - then I would expect the appeal would be successful.

Good luck with it.

arti
Newly Registered

Post by arti » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:43 am

the 25k on the third account is a savings account and that is the money we have been saving as i have been in u.k for nearly 8 years and my wife for 6 years. and the college cost £1200 per academic year and £400 deposit has been paid so only £800 has left to be paid