ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SAME DAY ILR application for LONG RESIDENCE EEA family membe

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

SAME DAY ILR application for LONG RESIDENCE EEA family membe

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:58 pm

I've good news for some EEA family member if you are an EEA family member + living for 10 years in the UK now you can apply for PREMIUM Indefinite Leave to Remain and they will make a decision on the same day

many people will like it. i know it's expensive £1,900 but better then waiting 4/5 months or more and still don't know if your application will be accepted
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Khan1980

Re: SAME DAY ILR application for LONG RESIDENCE EEA family m

Post by Khan1980 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:20 pm

Thanks for sharing this great information..
Actually I have applied on 30/03/2015 for ILR (long Residence) of EEA family member by post because I wasnt aware of the premium service.
Can I change or request HO to change it to premium service by extra fee now?

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:44 am

It is not yet clear that it is possible.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:17 am

Yes you can. Check new application form.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:34 am

askmeplz82 wrote:Yes you can. Check new application form.
Thanks askmeplz, you very often bring vital things. How about you? Have you overcome your difficulties??

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:04 pm

i've just 4 months left for RC expiry date.

i've living here for 11 years ( all legal ), Family member of an EEA national nearly 6 years.

I want to start divorce proceeding ASAP but she is not working at all since last 1 year. Yes we do have comprehensive sickness insurance since 2013, Joint bank account since 2010 ( but we are separated already )

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:03 am

Universal soldier wrote:
askmeplz82 wrote:Yes you can. Check new application form.
Thanks askmeplz, you very often bring vital things. How about you? Have you overcome your difficulties??
Hi...
I am not sure we can do that , As I called UKBA call centre to get some more information from them and they replied , u have to withdraw the application and there is no guarantee that you will get your fee of £1093 refunded.
Little confuse now £1093 + £1900 is lot of money. I also ask them whats the average time for SET(LR) applications by post and they they said , HO is dealing application of Feb month at the moment.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:03 am

I will not suggest that people with different or complex immigration history take this option, as they will be wasting their money.

The officer will simply tell them that they are unable to make a decision in a day.

This is especially the case, with people who are wishing to use time spent as EEA family member to cover their residence period.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

maxmelion

Post by maxmelion » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:49 am

I do agree with obie . Bcos eea catagogry need is complex and need treaty rights for both parties nd not tht simple
Nd i think askmeplz should the articles nd understand it cleat before post it bcos they didnt mention europ free movement nd all they talk about tiers 1 nd 2 so i think tht for students and business investsemt ppl but eea its belong pr nd indifnate remain leave needs uk tests exams nd life in uk .ect

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:57 pm

Yes Obie is right. Its look like a ukba new trick to maximize their revenue which they always look forward for. I guess only the applicants with simple immigration history, for example student >psw>student etc without break may benefit. But cases involving EU route, section 3C, section 3D etc most likely be postponed by caseworker which result in waste of fee.
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

ukbaby
Newly Registered

Post by ukbaby » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:08 pm

Khan1980 wrote:Thanks for sharing this great information..
Actually I have applied on 30/03/2015 for ILR (long Residence) of EEA family member by post because I wasnt aware of the premium service.

Your guys are so right.
I regret did not read this topic and sent my application.
Now they asked me for documents which EU route need.
If I know that, will not waste money and time...
Khan1980,any news from your application?

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:11 am

ukbaby wrote:

Your guys are so right.
What application had you applied and what specific EU route papers they have asked?

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:45 am

ukbaby wrote:

Your guys are so right.
I have sent my application 0n 30/03/15 , BRP enrolled on 25/04/15 and Now waiting.

ukbaby
Newly Registered

Post by ukbaby » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:54 am

cool mind wrote:
ukbaby wrote:

Your guys are so right.
What application had you applied and what specific EU route papers they have asked?
I applied 10 yrs long residence ILR, they did not ask very details, just say send documents prove your partner existing treaty right from the day you received EEA2 to now, which actually over 10 yrs. They only give me less than 2 weeks to send. If I knew like this, I will not pay over 1000 to apply this, end up did life in UK and have to send so many documents...

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:57 am

Do you not have the documents?

If you went to same the service you would have faced the same predicament , and worst of it, you would have lost £400.00
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:41 am

ukbaby wrote:

Your guys are so right.
I hope u will be fine and everything will be sorted , I know its the short time by HO but thats the normal time period they allow to provide required documents.

Would you mind to share that how long u been on EEA2 as part of your 10 years in UK as you have to provide the evidence of your EEA partner treaty rights only for this period to cover your residence legal and continuous.

Best of Luck and Keep updating Plz

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:48 am

Obie wrote:Do you not have the documents?

If you went to same the service you would have faced the same predicament , and worst of it, you would have lost £400.00
Hi Obie...

I have sent my application for Long Residence (Postal) as well and I have provided my EEA partner treaty Rights evidence (Payslips & Employer Letter confirming Part Time Employment) for period Dec 2013 to March 2015 the period she is employed as She was Self Employed before that as we have Self Assessments , NI contribution Receipts (Paid) , etc But I havent provided the evidence for the period she was Self Employed.

What do you this these Evidence will be enough or they will ask me for the remaining period too??

ukbaby
Newly Registered

Post by ukbaby » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:23 pm

Khan1980 wrote:
ukbaby wrote:

Your guys are so right.
I hope u will be fine and everything will be sorted , I know its the short time by HO but thats the normal time period they allow to provide required documents.

Would you mind to share that how long u been on EEA2 as part of your 10 years in UK as you have to provide the evidence of your EEA partner treaty rights only for this period to cover your residence legal and continuous.

Best of Luck and Keep updating Plz
It is 4 yrs in 10 yrs. I am not sure shall we provide documents based on EEA4 request now. They only say to prove exercising treaty rights..
I am waiting some documents to be sent to us
I guess will not be possible ready in such short time. I am not sure shall we just send what we have now and wait result or ask for more time to send documents or withdraw. It is quite stressful. I am not sure which way is better. Many lawyer charge around £2000 for help or £300 a hr. Could anyone suggest? Thanks
Last edited by ukbaby on Fri May 01, 2015 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

ukbaby
Newly Registered

Post by ukbaby » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:32 pm

Khan1980 wrote:

Hi Obie...

I have sent my application for Long Residence (Postal) as well and I have provided my EEA partner treaty Rights evidence (Payslips & Employer Letter confirming Part Time Employment) for period Dec 2013 to March 2015 the period she is employed as She was Self Employed before that as we have Self Assessments , NI contribution Receipts (Paid) , etc But I havent provided the evidence for the period she was Self Employed.

What do you this these Evidence will be enough or they will ask me for the remaining period too??
Any period you are under EEA route which need count in 10yrs they will ask, plus your partner present statutes when you send application.

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:18 pm

ukbaby wrote:
Khan1980 wrote:

Hi Obie...

Any period you are under EEA route which need count in 10yrs they will ask, plus your partner present statutes when you send application.
I have same case as yours and just hoping for the best , What I could understand that ur EEA partner is exercising her treaty rights as Self Employed , I couldnt understand what does mean by existing treaty right (Is that Current status of EEA national) such as Employed , Self Employed , Student or Self Sufficient ? I would advise you to request HO more time as you need more time to gather the required documents.

I am sure @Obie@ will advise more wisely with his experience.

ukbaby
Newly Registered

Post by ukbaby » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:24 pm

Sorry, I mean exercising treaty rights, the problem is that we do not know how long will takes to solve it. Do you think if ILR has been refused will affect EEA4 application or not? But if withdraw will still have record? plus loss over £1000
Last edited by ukbaby on Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:42 pm

Has the caseworker asked about EU national original passport? Few of my friends and even the forum members in same situation always submitted these treaty rights documents when applying and they had no problem.

ukbaby
Newly Registered

Post by ukbaby » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:17 pm

cool mind wrote:Has the caseworker asked about EU national original passport? Few of my friends and even the forum members in same situation always submitted these treaty rights documents when applying and they had no problem.
No, did not. I believe they have previous visa record. They did not ask my bank statement. Only ask my partner exercising treaty rights. I do not know if I need to send my bank statement. Sounds they only interested in my husband's information.

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:58 pm

ukbaby wrote:Sorry, I mean exercising treaty rights, the problem is that we do not know how long will takes to solve it. Because previous accountant made mistakes, we just discovered recently. Do you think if ILR has been refused will affect EEA4 application or not? But if withdraw will still have record? plus loss over £1000
If you think it will long time you to get the required documents then u can always request HO for extra time and may be they allow you the time and u can submit the evidence of ur EEA partner treaty rights.
Yes you will lose your fee but it's the matter of giving them the documents and even if you go for EEA4 , u would still need that documents covering last 5 years to get PR.

Plz share when did u sent ur application and after how long they requested you the evidence of ur partner TREATY RIGHTS.

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:02 pm

cool mind wrote:Has the caseworker asked about EU national original passport? Few of my friends and even the forum members in same situation always submitted these treaty rights documents when applying and they had no problem.
I think it's on Case Worker , it is the requirement of HO to provide evidence of treaty rights of EEA national for the period you claiming as part of 10 Years. But I have heard few people got ILR(Long Residence) and they haven't provide these documents. I think it's on ur luck and previous Immigration history and rest of requirements.