ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence of Lawful Residence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kais

Evidence of Lawful Residence

Post by kais » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:33 pm

Hi

Just need some clarification about the evidence of lawful residence,

1-is this the period of 5 years (in my case) of the period beyond 5 years as well?

2- I understand that passports can be used for showing lawful evidence but If I am using NSC do I still need to give them the original passports or copies will do?

And

3- If I dont use passport as a mean of evidence for lawful residence then what does employer needs writing on letter? eg what contents

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Evidence of Lawful Residence

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:25 am

1. For citizenship, it is counting 5 years backwards from the date that HO receives your application, which must include 12 months on ILR (unless married to a British citizen).

2. For citizenship, you have to submit your passport, you don't have a choice. If you use NCS, you have to take your original passport and they will photocopy your passport and return the original to you.

3. No employer letter needed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kais

Post by kais » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:57 pm

One more thing, As I met the KOL requirmenent after Oct 2013 AND there is an option to TICK that

Does it means I dont have to re-provide/re-Send the Proof of Life in UK Test AND English Certificate?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:41 pm

Personally I would send it but some would say just tick the relevant box. I applied using NCS and took my LIUK pass letter with me even though I had used it for ILR and on form AN I ticked the relevant box, NCS still took it and submitted it with my application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.