ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk Family Settlement Visa Refusal - Appeal or Reapply - HELP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Raju1

Uk Family Settlement Visa Refusal - Appeal or Reapply - HELP

Post by Raju1 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:10 pm

Hi All,

My wife has applied for family settlement visa from Hyderabad, India on March 06, 2015 and it has been refused on the grounds that not meeting income threshold requirements under Appendix FM.

I have provided a company tax return form CT600, P60 of last financial year y/e April 2014 (i.e from May 2013 to April 2014) as supporting evidence but i didn't show the bank statements, payslips, dividends for the same period.

Instead I claimed for the period Feb2014 to Jan2015 assuming that i need to submit latest 12 months (provided payslips, dividend vouchers, bank statements, accountant letter) from the date of application and note that year end for my company accounts is April 2015 which is why i couldn't get the accounts (CT600) ready for this period.

Although I have provided last available financial year end accounts, CT600 (y/e April 2014) along with latest period Feb2014 to Jan2015 payslips, dividend vouchers, bank statements, accountant letter. But ECO was referring to CT600 (y/e April 2014) and expecting supporting documents for the same period.

Questions:
1. Can I appeal in this case by providing supporting documents which ECO was expecting i.e payslips, dividend vouchers, bank statements for y/e April 2014?
2. What is the probability of winning this appeal if I appeal the decision?
3. Can anyone please provide me the notes how to appeal on this case?

Please find the detailed notes from ECO refusal letter as given below:

ECO Reasons for Refusal

Your application for entry clearance under paragraph EC-P.1.1 of Appendix FM is refused
because you do not meet the income threshold requirement under Appendix FM and/or the
related evidential requirements under Appendix FM-SE.

You have confirmed that you are not exempt from the financial requirements of Appendix FM.
You are therefore required to demonstrate that your sponsor has an annual income before tax of
at least £18,600. You have provided documents indicating that your sponsor receives income
from self-employment as the director of a limited company, xxxxxxx Ltd. You have provided a
Company Tax Return form CT600 which covers the dates 01/05/13 to 30/04/14.

The evidence required to demonstrate income as a director of a limited company in the UK is
specified in Appendix FM-SE. However, you have not provided:

. A current Appointment Report from Companies House.
. Corporate/business bank statements covering the ‘same 12-month period as Company
Tax Return CT600.
. Payslips and P60 (if issued) covering the same period as the Company Tax Return CT600
. Personal bank statements covering the same 12-month period as the Company Tax
Return CT600 showing that the salary as a director was paid into an account in the name
of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.
. Dividend vouchers for all dividends declared in favour of the person during or in respect of
the period covered by the Company Tax Return CT600 showing the company’s and the
person’s details with the person’s net dividend amount and tax credit.
. Personal bank statement(s) showing that those dividends were paid into an account in the
name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly

You have also not provided any one of the following documents:
(1) A certificate of VAT registration and the VAT return for the last full financial year (a copy or a
print-out) confirming the VAT registration number, if turnover is in excess of £79,000 or was in
excess of the threshold which applied during the last full financial year.
(2) Proof of ownership or lease of business premises.
(3) Original proof of registration with HMRC as an employer for the purposes of PAYE and
National Insurance, proof of PAYE reference number and Accounts Office reference number.

I note that you have submitted a number of dividend vouchers, payslips and bank statements.
However, none of these relate to the relevant 12 month period covered by the CT600. I am also
aware that you have submitted a certificate of VAT registration — however you have not submitted
a VAT return.

In view of the fact that you have not provided the specified evidence or the necessary evidence
for the specified periods as required in Appendix FM-SE to the Immigration Rules, I am not
satisfied that you have met the financial requirement. In addition, I am not satisfied that you have
demonstrated that your sponsor meets the income threshold. I therefore refuse your application
under paragraph EC-P.1.1(d) of Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. (E-ECP.3.1)

ManyThanks,
Raj

nbe

Re: Uk Family Settlement Visa Refusal - Appeal or Reapply -

Post by nbe » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:37 am

Clearly you've screwed up pretty big here. How did you not know to submit the correct information in the first place?

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:43 pm

@Nbe
Thanks for the reply. I completely understand that i have submitted the documents for the latest 12 months period (February 2014 to January 2015) with supporting evidence of last available (y/e April2014) CT600 n P60 for the visa process. I didn't had y/e April2015 CT600 in my hand to submit for processing. But I could have send all the documents for y/e 2014 instead of latest 12 months period.

Can you please let me know whether appeal would work by sending the suporting documents (for y/e 2014) which ECO was expecting? Is anyone has gone through similar situation, kindly share the experience.

Cheers,
Raj

sha373

Post by sha373 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:17 pm

I am not expert but i think your evidences are more than 28days old as well, as u used feb2014-jan2015 but u applied in march2015..seek advice from experts...

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:23 pm

@sha373,

Thanks for the reply. I am wondering evidences more than 28 days old would applicable in my case as i proved earnings from limited company. If that's the case bank statements are not more than 28 days old but only payslips which are from Feb2014 to Jan2015.

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:23 am

@All,

Could anyone please let me know whether to appeal or fresh apply in my case?

Regards,
Raj

A Helping Hand
Newly Registered

Post by A Helping Hand » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:38 pm

Hi Raju,

You have to admit.. you made a big mistake by assuming things that turned out to be against you. However the good news is now you can see clearly what they are asking and make sure you have all these documents ready.

I would wait 2-3 months and apply again rather than appealing. get all the documents sorted MUST be latest plus previous year's Tax Return. A letter from your Accountant on your finance.. Business and personal Bank statements. and all other things they have stated in the rejection letter.

you can also take professional advice or DIY by https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigra ... on-appeals

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Fri May 01, 2015 11:01 am

@ A Helping Hand:
ManyThanks for the reply. Yes you are correct that i am into troubles with my assumptions. I am also planning to reapply by supplying all the documents covering last 2 financial year end statements from May 2013 to April 2015. I am just waiting for my
accountant to finish processing and to get my accounts for y/e April2015. I have few questions on the comments you made before.

1. Any specific reason to wait for 2 to 3 months after refusal to reapply as fresh application? If so, can you please let me know. I am planning to reapply with all required documents by end of this month.
2. Can you please provide the checklist of documents for Appendix FM, if you have?
3. Any more inputs/precautions i should consider before i go for reapply?

Regards,
Raju