ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP application rejected for name difference...please help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anavista
Newly Registered

Post by anavista » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:21 pm

My HSMP application got rejected recently due to name difference in my IELTS report. Other than this I got all the (95) points that I had claimed.
My complete name is Ana Vista Varghese and I am from India.
My IELTS test report was under the name 'Ana' as this is the name on my passport too. The IELTS people take the passport number as the candidate id, hence I had given the name same as that on the passport. My degree certificate is in the name of 'Ana Vista Varghese'
My HSMP application was submitted with the name 'Ana Vista'. Along with this I had submitted a non-judicial affidavit stating that I am referred to as by the 3 names 'Ana', 'Ana Vista' and 'Ana Vista Varghese'. But the HSMP team rejected my application stating that the IELTS test report bears a different name than the one on the HSMP application form and that they would not be considering the non-judicial affidavit as the proof. The HSMP team needed some other official source that could confirm things. Now i wish to apply for a review but do not know what official document could be sent that favorably supports my case. If any one has some pointers, please help me.

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:50 pm

Why did you put the HSMP application in the name "Ana Vista" if your documents used the name "Ana Vista Varghese" - are your other documents (eg earnings) in the name "Ana Vista"? I would call their telephone number and ask what they consider is evidence that a person uses more than one name.

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:16 pm

You may also want to contact IELTS, that they might reissue your IELTS report with your full name, not merely your given name (as the passport surely shows the full given and family names, not merely the given name). And it is that full name that they should have included in the IELTS report.

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:32 pm

I have a similar case and going to apply in couple of weeks

My name is JAWAD UMAR but in bank account name it is JAWAD OMAR and on ITR it is written as JAWAD OMER.

Do you think it would be a problem? Though in the letter from employer and on salary slips my account number is written and on ITR my national identity card number is present. Also, i'm going to provide NTN certificate which has correct name on it.

Please comment as I don't want to get rejected only because of this reason.

Thanks,
JD

anavista
Newly Registered

Post by anavista » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:54 pm

Yes some documents have Ana Vista while the others have Ana Vista Varghese. Unfortunately my passport has only the name 'Ana'. I tried calling them up but couldn't get trough to the caseworker. The person who answered the phone, said he did not have much information as to what official document to use, but suggested that I get a fresh passport made and re-apply for the IELTS exam. I also tried convincing him that I could not use a judicial affidavit, as in India only a non-judicial affidavit gets made for the name difference thing.
I also contacted the IELTS Dehi to ask if they could re-issue a new certificate with my complete name, but they said this was not possible.
Now unless there is some beak-through I see my case being held up for another 2-3 months till the time I get a new passport made.

purplepple

Post by purplepple » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:51 am

and you are not allowed to submit additional evidence for the review.

Gattaca
Newly Registered

Post by Gattaca » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:14 am

Can I ask what built up to a total of 95 points?

anavista
Newly Registered

Post by anavista » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:18 am

I don't know what additional document i could send that is deemed as a valid proof of name difference.

The 95 points were for Age(20), Qualification(30) and WorkEarnings(45)

tarek131
Newly Registered

Ana Only in your Passport

Post by tarek131 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:54 am

Hello Ana,
I wonder how you have a single name in your passport?
so your full name in passport is 'Ana'?
I have smiliar problem, may full name is 'Tareq Muhammad Mahmoud Ali'
I usually use 'Tareq Ali', but my currently employer uses 'Tareq Mahmoud' as full name, they fixed it, but I still have some payslips and P60 with that old name.
I think this is a common problem we need a professioanl advice from the moderators.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:56 am

The reason it is a problem is that it doesn't really happen in the UK - you are born and registered with a name, and either stick with it, and it appears on all your documents, or change it through marriage or deed poll and stick to the new one, and have the evidence of legal change.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:13 pm

i think i have a big problem after i see some thread about name mismatch. i have a big name and i finished my bachelor of science in electrical enginerring from u.s.a. but in usa they usally use only first name and last name. they usally get rid of the middle name. so in my certificate they just used my first name and last name where as in transcript they used full name but shorten the mohammad to md. passports, payslip and all other document have the full name. in the english langage requirement letter the university staff wrote first name , last name, middle name and offical name as first name and last name.i allready submitted the application. now i am very scared about my certificate name. since the university staff wrote in the letter that the used first name and last name as offical name, do you think it will be ok? what should i do. :(

gsansy
Newly Registered

Re: HSMP application rejected for name difference...please h

Post by gsansy » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:39 am

[quote="anavista"]Hi
Ana I have the same problem . My school and bachelor's degree contains my maiden name but my master's degree and my work experience certificates contain my full name . Even i had my passport with my Maiden Name. Then after consulting a Agent who work for HSMP she guided me first declare a name change in two natinal newpapers with my complete name and declare that both are same persons. I did the same. And with the help of that declaration I got my new passport made with my Full name and got my full name added in my birth Certificate as well. But still i am hesitating to apply because i dont know know whether Home offica would consider these changes or not. [/quote]

tarek131
Newly Registered

nightmare

Post by tarek131 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:43 am

I think the same issues became a nightmare. I aslo noticed today that my fisrt name on my transcript is different from the name on my passport
'Tarek' on transcript but 'Tareq' on my passport :(