ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SAME DAY ILR application for LONG RESIDENCE EEA family membe

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukbaby
Newly Registered

Re: SAME DAY ILR application for LONG RESIDENCE EEA family m

Post by ukbaby » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:43 pm

Khan1980 wrote:
cool mind wrote:Has the caseworker asked about EU national original passport? Few of my friends and even the forum members in same situation always submitted these treaty rights documents when applying and they had no problem.
I think it's on Case Worker , it is the requirement of HO to provide evidence of treaty rights of EEA national for the period you claiming as part of 10 Years. But I have heard few people got ILR(Long Residence) and they haven't provide these documents. I think it's on ur luck and previous Immigration history and rest of requirements.
You are right, I heard many people has not been requested and get approval as well.
There is not clear rule about EEA in 10yrs, really depends on your luck and caseworker.
I guess it will be more and more strict because of the election, seems not good for EEA people especially the partner from east EU.

ukbaby
Newly Registered

Post by ukbaby » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:44 pm

Khan1980 wrote:
cool mind wrote:Has the caseworker asked about EU national original passport? Few of my friends and even the forum members in same situation always submitted these treaty rights documents when applying and they had no problem.
I think it's on Case Worker , it is the requirement of HO to provide evidence of treaty rights of EEA national for the period you claiming as part of 10 Years. But I have heard few people got ILR(Long Residence) and they haven't provide these documents. I think it's on ur luck and previous Immigration history and rest of requirements.
I guess it may also affect by what documents you provided when you apply and how long the EEA visa in 10 yrs.

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:17 pm

ukbaby wrote:
Khan1980 wrote:
I guess it may also affect by what documents you provided when you apply and how long the EEA visa in 10 yrs.
Hope for the best , I have been on EEA leave for 3 Years and 6 Months. Finger Crossed , I have given them some evidence of treaty rights and I have rest of the documents ready if they ask. But I just hate these letters from HO and asking more and more.

And when did you send your application and when they ask you more information , I mean for how long your application stayed with HO???

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri May 01, 2015 12:18 am

With 10 year ILR EU Residence Card is not leave to remain , and therefore not a leave for the purpose of 276.

However the policy provides for a decision maker to exercise discretion and consider time spent under the Regulation as time spent with lawful leave, provided the person can show that the relevant family member was a qualified person.

Some People may have got away with it, but it does not mean , that the rule is not effective.

People making such application should ensure that all the areas are covered under the regulations for the period they spend as family members.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Fri May 01, 2015 1:11 am

Obie wrote:With 10 year ILR EU Residence Card is not leave to remain , and therefore not a leave for the purpose of 276.

However the policy provides for a decision maker to exercise discretion and consider time spent under the Regulation as time spent with lawful leave, provided the person can show that the relevant family member was a qualified person.

Some People may have got away with it, but it does not mean , that the rule is not effective.

People making such application should ensure that all the areas are covered under the regulations for the period they spend as family members.
I totally agree with you and would not say rule is ineffective, but rule is rule and It should apply to everyone. I dont understand how some people can get away with the rules stated. But at least it shows individual case worker double standard or whatever you call it. A

ukbaby
Newly Registered

Post by ukbaby » Fri May 01, 2015 9:20 am

Obie wrote:With 10 year ILR EU Residence Card is not leave to remain , and therefore not a leave for the purpose of 276.

Hi Obie, do you know if I send original supporting documents for the extra documents they asked, do I need to send photocopy as well like the first time with application form? Will they return the 2nd time original documents they requested? I have included a paid Special delivery bag for the 1st time I send with application form, but I did not pay enough for the 2nd time further documents, I worry when they send back will not be enough post fee, shall I mention in the cover letter. Maby I think too much:)
They only ask my partner treaty rights, I plan to send his 5 yrs' bank statement which receive pay from company, do I need to send our joint account statement for 5 yrs or 3 months is fine? Do I need to send my payslips? I have included my employer letter when I send 1st time. I husband live in UK over 12 yrs. Do I need to write a cover letter to briefly explain his activity in this 12 yrs and mainly focus on the 5 yrs when I have EEA2? He actually can apply EEA3 back to 2009, he just did not apply because need send lots documents and wait time, he thought make no difference without it. When they receive extra documents how long will they make decision? Will they ask more documents if they feel need? Sorry I have so many questions, thank you:)

ukbaby
Newly Registered

Post by ukbaby » Fri May 01, 2015 9:25 am

Hi Khan1980,long time about 5 months...

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Mon May 04, 2015 1:36 pm

ukbaby wrote:Hi Khan1980,long time about 5 months...
Thanks Ukbaby...

Hope you managed to get the required documents HO requested and things are better with you. 5 months is really long time , My application with HO is over a month now and scared of long wait , I am hoping for the best. Plz share what documents exactly you have submitted initially with you applications. I mean yours and your EEA family memeber.

Thanks

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:16 pm

Just to let you know guys if you are living in the UK for 10 years now but your current status is EEA family member you can book premium same day appointment for ILR . This week two guys i know applied and their application successful ( both still family member of an EEA national

one of my friend only submitted -
1. His passport
2. His 10 years proof of address
3. Last 5 years work history from Inland revenue for his EEA family member ( just one page ) and you can request this for FREE
4. application form

and another friend :

1. His passport
3. Last 2 years p60
4. application form
5. maternity letter from job centre

and their application was successful under 2 hours. I think in premium same day appointment they don't really check properly like in DURHAM
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

akz

Post by akz » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:23 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:Just to let you know guys if you are living in the UK for 10 years now but your current status is EEA family member you can book premium same day appointment for ILR . This week two guys i know applied and their application successful ( both still family member of an EEA national

1. His passport
3. Last 5 years work history from Inland revenue for his EEA family member ( just one page ) and you can request this for FREE
4. application form

and another friend :

1. His passport
3. Last 2 years p60
4. application form

and their application was successful under 2 hours. I think in premium same day appointment they don't really check properly like in DURHAM

if i apply for the same day service as non eea national do my wife eea national need to go with me? she was a self employed do i need to take all her document related with me ?

thanks
akz
Happy to help and Happy to be helped

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:36 pm

akz wrote:
askmeplz82 wrote:Just to let you know guys if you are living in the UK for 10 years now but your current status is EEA family member you can book premium same day appointment for ILR . This week two guys i know applied and their application successful ( both still family member of an EEA national

1. His passport
4. application form

and another friend :

1. His passport
3. Last 2 years p60
4. application form

if i apply for the same day service as non eea national do my wife eea national need to go with me? she was a self employed do i need to take all her document related with me ?

thanks
akz

No she don't need to go. Yes you can take everything you have. If they ask for more they will call you.
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:43 pm

It is not advisable for people with complex cases or who have been refused under the EEA regulations, unless a person will not be troubled of the were to loose close to 2k .
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors