ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received Naturalization Application Acknowledgement by Email

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Seena

Received Naturalization Application Acknowledgement by Email

Post by Seena » Fri May 01, 2015 10:13 am

Dear All,

I have applied for my naturalization on the 31st March 2015 and on 29th April (After 29 days) I received an acknowledgement from home office via email and the money is deducted from our joint account.

Could someone please shed some light if its a normal procedure of sending the acknowledgement via email ? and if they require further documents would they send email again or letter ?

Email from home office is below:

Dear XXX
Case ID: XXX
Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.
It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.
Our web page contains further information on our service standards and other information which may relate to your application.
Please note that this is an automated response confirming receipt of your application and does not accept responses. Please do not reply to this email.
If there is a change in your circumstances, we kindly ask that you only contact us using this link: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp
Permanent migration team

Thanks
Zara

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Received Naturalization Application Acknowledgement by E

Post by fwd079 » Fri May 01, 2015 11:35 am

Its normal procedure.

My wife got same email, a letter in post followed a few days later. She got her application approved a few days ago.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Fri May 01, 2015 11:40 am

Its only a guess, but I think if you have an email address that is written clearly on the form, they might send the acknowledgement by email and post. Otherwise, they will just post the letter. Obviously, if they are not sure if the email address is clearly written/read, they wont risk sending email possibly to a wrong recipient.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Fri May 01, 2015 11:44 am

vignezh wrote:Its only a guess, but I think if you have an email address that is written clearly on the form, they might send the acknowledgement by email and post. Otherwise, they will just post the letter. Obviously, if they are not sure if the email address is clearly written/read, they wont risk sending email possibly to a wrong recipient.
Your guess is correct. My email had my username here as part of it, since 0 mixes with O so they never sent me an email but did send to my wife. :)
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

Seena

Post by Seena » Fri May 01, 2015 1:32 pm

Thanks Everyone...

naazz

Post by naazz » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:53 pm

HI guys,

i have recently applied for Naturalisation. i have seen in various posts that some applicants are receiving email (AN) and sms acknowledgement for passport. I typed and printed my application form so every word in the application is crystal clear but i did not receive any email. today the money was taken off for passport application but i did not receive any SMS acknowledgement.
is there anything i should be concerned about??

Thanks

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:03 pm

Well , the only thing to worry about is your matters with rest of goverment agencies ( HMRC / DWP , DVLA , Council etc) . If you are cleared with them and you meet all the requirements for AN application , than sit tight and you will end up with Brown letter coming right through your door . Make sure you don't end up with any caution , parking / road fines in between ...

Good luck!
Thanks

Ali