ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M)-Ltd Co-Spouses not living together-SUCCESS PEO Croydo

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

theroyale

FLR(M)-Ltd Co-Spouses not living together-SUCCESS PEO Croydo

Post by theroyale » Fri May 01, 2015 5:30 pm

Our appointment at Croydon went smoothly today. Wife applying for FLR(M) (switching from a 3-year student Tier-4 visa). I was acting as her sponsor (I got my ILR done a couple of weeks ago).

Financial Requirement:
As Ltd Co director I submitted documents under Category F:
- CT600 and HMRC acknowledgement for company's last full financial year (July 13 - June 14).
- Companies House reg
- CUrrent Appointment Report
- Payslips for July 13 - June 14
- VAT Registration certificate and VAT returns covering July 13 - June 14.
- Business & Personal bank statements for July 13 - June 14
- Dividend vouchers for July 13 - June 14
- Invoices for July 13 - June 14
- Work contracts for July 13 - June 14
- P60 for 2013, 2014, 2015

In addition as there was a mention in the guidance notes about Proof of Ongoing Employment (the notes do not specify particular docs to submit towards this), I submitted the following:

For the period after my last full fin yr ended, to the current month (i.e. July 14 - Apr 15), Business and Personal bank statements, Payslips, Dividends, Invoices, Work contracts

Marriage Requirement:
We got married two months ago (traditional ceremonies in India and civil registration at High Commission of India London). The slightly tricky thing was that we still do not live together. This is because my wife is finishing up her course at a university in SW England after which she will join me in London where I live and work. She had mentioned this clearly on the application form. In addition we submitted:

- Wedding certificate
- Wedding invitation
- Wedding photos
- Photos from earlier in our relationship (i.e. years before marriage). It helped that when we printed the photos from digital (at Boots), they printed the photographs with the date-stamp which is always a part of the JPEG file properties.

We were still called for an "informal" interview by the caseworker on the above point. We went to the counter together where our caseworker met us. SHe asked my wife where she studied, then where I lived and worked. Then asked my wife if she did plan to join me in London at the completion of her studies. "So the next grant of leave will be only if you are living together, you understand that right?" she said. It was more of an affirmation than a strict instruction, we thought. She said then that she was generally satisfied about our relationship, its just that she wanted to have a quick word with us to ascertain.

We felt that unlike perhaps an arranged marriage situation we were able to clearly show photographs from various earlier years, which proved to the caseworker's satisfaction that ours was a genuine and subsisting relationship. And even that we did not live together (yet) did not matter.

Overall experience at Croydon PEO: Extremely pleasant. Taking an 8.20 (the first slot) instead of a 9.20 or later appointment really helps, you really beat the queue. Out of there by 11.30 am or so. 30 month FLR(M) visa granted to my wife.

PariJ
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M)-Ltd Co-Spouses not living together-SUCCESS PEO Cr

Post by PariJ » Sat May 02, 2015 1:00 pm

Hi,

Thank you for the sharing the details and Congratualtions

Cheers
Pari