ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

FizzB
Newly Registered

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by FizzB » Fri May 01, 2015 9:01 pm

Thanks for your reply, aunty_sally

Hopefully you'll hear from them in a week or two! Insha'Allah

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Fri May 01, 2015 11:00 pm

,[/quote]

Sophia looks like our race is still going on.

Best of luck to everyone on their applications and appeals. Turnaround time seems to be much shorter than it used to be.[/quote]

Yeh when's it gonna be over tho :?
I remember you now lol from last year, what happened with your appeal??

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Fri May 01, 2015 11:22 pm

aysha1996 wrote:can anyone say what chances of getting a visa are I applied as a carer so I only have a prove adequate maintenance I get £61c/a and £400-£450 part time work I provide housing report letter from council so he can live here bank statements to show proof of income and £3000 in savings nikka nama wedding photos visa to Pakistan in mypassport covering the last 8yrs employment letter dwp award for cares dwp of the persons award plus doctors letters any one else had any success in this area or an opinion on my chances of success
I think you should consult a solicitor and carefully read the requirements as a carer on ukvi website to see what your options are, not many people would know the answers to your queiry.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

Brumgirl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Brumgirl » Sat May 02, 2015 12:11 pm

Guys, I live with my parents in a housing association property where my dad past rent. They sent us a letter as part of my supporting docs, which states number of rooms etc, but in the letter they also put that the rent is in arrears of about £500. Will this be an issue do you think??

khani

Post by khani » Sat May 02, 2015 1:46 pm

Hi Guys,

I receive my Pay on mostly last day of every month , sometime it gets late by 1 or 2 days , would it make any difference if I receive two pays in a month like, one on 1st of May for April pay and other 29th of May for may pay ?? One more thing I have my own business, I am going to pay tax on it as well , but I wont be showing it on application, do I need to show it as well. ???

thanks

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Sat May 02, 2015 1:50 pm

Brumgirl wrote:Guys, I live with my parents in a housing association property where my dad past rent. They sent us a letter as part of my supporting docs, which states number of rooms etc, but in the letter they also put that the rent is in arrears of about £500. Will this be an issue do you think??
Yes there is a high possibility that eco will look at this unfavourably as rent arrears can lead to evictions. Best option would be to pay off rent arrears and then get another letter which also confirms that they are ok with your partner living at the home too as well as giving the dimensions of the property etc

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Sat May 02, 2015 1:53 pm

khani wrote:Hi Guys,

I receive my Pay on mostly last day of every month , sometime it gets late by 1 or 2 days , would it make any difference if I receive two pays in a month like, one on 1st of May for April pay and other 29th of May for may pay ?? One more thing I have my own business, I am going to pay tax on it as well , but I wont be showing it on application, do I need to show it as well. ???

thanks
If your pay into your account is a few days out then that will not be an issue as long as it matches the amount on your payslips

If your meet the income threshold with the one job then you won't need to declare any other employment or self employment

khani

Post by khani » Sat May 02, 2015 2:11 pm

alil2014 wrote:

thanks
If your pay into your account is a few days out then that will not be an issue as long as it matches the amount on your payslips

If your meet the income threshold with the one job then you won't need to declare any other employment or self employment

thanks for reply. appreciate.

phaara
Member of Standing

Post by phaara » Sat May 02, 2015 5:37 pm

alil2014 wrote:

thanks

if we show only one employment ( tht cover the threshold) but our hmrc tax letter can show tht this person doing two jobs of ful time/part time then??
online app 29/1/2014
Biometric 31/1/2014
Forwarded to Isb OC on 3/2/2014
RFC 2/10/2014

khani

Post by khani » Sat May 02, 2015 6:43 pm

phaara wrote:
alil2014 wrote:

thanks

if we show only one employment ( tht cover the threshold) but our hmrc tax letter can show tht this person doing two jobs of ful time/part time then??

I dont have another job but a Business which is a limited company, it wont show in hmrc tax letter as I dont pay its tax on my NI.

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Sat May 02, 2015 11:16 pm

khani wrote:
phaara wrote:

thanks

I dont have another job but a Business which is a limited company, it wont show in hmrc tax letter as I dont pay its tax on my NI.[/quote]

As I said it doesn't matter as long as you meet the threshold with the job you are showing as part of your application

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Sun May 03, 2015 11:46 am

phaara wrote:
alil2014 wrote:

thanks

Bhc only need prove that yu meet financial threshold, whether its through one or ten jobs, because yur hmrc letter show the other job tax/ni calculations i would make sure it is clearly explained in the cover letter how and which job yu are relying on.this way yu will have eliminated any doubts.

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Sun May 03, 2015 11:48 am

thanks
Few days back and forward does not matter as long as pay reflects the ammount shown on payslip yu should be fine.

alivis2015

Post by alivis2015 » Sun May 03, 2015 1:29 pm

Guys ill be reapplying,

Does my housing report and landlord letter need to be re-done or old one will do. (Generated Jan this year)
What other points to consider when re applying in term of dates?

Also the sponsorship letter..... does anything change on it if reapplying?

I wrote the sponsorship letter 1st time and the stamped from lawyer. He asked if it was 1st or 2nd time applying?

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

ab112

Post by ab112 » Mon May 04, 2015 12:06 am

I am just wondering,

Have the home office or entry clearance officer contacted anyone's employer to verify employment? Does anyone know if they've contacted their employer?

My wife's application in still not assessed but I've given my notice and am starting a new job in a month. The new job is higher pay and still over £18,600 but I am a bit worried if they contact my employer after I left, or even now that I;ve given notice, and my employer says he has left or is leaving! Then it wont look good!

Any thought?

The new job is higher pay and what I submitted was true at the time of application!

phaara
Member of Standing

Post by phaara » Mon May 04, 2015 10:21 am

tallojani@

thats why we are planning to show both jobs to be on safe side
but dont understand thts which category we fall in bcos one job my husband working since june 2013 (its a part time job) he got promotion and from feb 2015 he is earning 19200 from this job alone so we will submit 6 month slip from feb to july
on the other hand hubby was lost his full time job in october and now he got 17500£ ull time job starting from tomorow 5may 2015

means at time of application we will have
one job £19200 6 month wage
and
other job started in may £ 17500 (3 month wage slip)

so which category we fall in??
online app 29/1/2014
Biometric 31/1/2014
Forwarded to Isb OC on 3/2/2014
RFC 2/10/2014

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Mon May 04, 2015 10:53 am

phaara wrote:tallojani@

thats why we are planning to show both jobs to be on safe side
but dont understand thts which category we fall in bcos one job my husband working since june 2013 (its a part time job) he got promotion and from feb 2015 he is earning 19200 from this job alone so we will submit 6 month slip from feb to july
on the other hand hubby was lost his full time job in october and now he got 17500£ ull time job starting from tomorow 5may 2015

means at time of application we will have
one job £19200 6 month wage
and
other job started in may £ 17500 (3 month wage slip)

so which category we fall in??
Why would you want to include a second job when the first job meets the criteria?

By adding the second job it will just lead to more confusion and has no use anyway because you will only have 3 months payslips for it. Many people have experienced how dumb these ECOs can be so why confuse the ECO further?

If I was in your position I would include the one job which meets the criteria and keep the application as concise as possible.

In your cover letter you can explain that you also have a second job but as the main Job you are relying on meets the threshold you won't be relying on the second job.

Sarah786

Post by Sarah786 » Mon May 04, 2015 11:39 am

Hi

I am wondering if someone can help me please. I applied for spouse visa a while ago I was one of the unlucky ones that was kept on hold and then refused after months of waiting. I am thinking of reapplying now, my husband has a English a1 certificate that was issued in January 2013 is he ok to use this or does he have to do a new one?

Thanks

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Mon May 04, 2015 11:41 am

Sarah786 wrote:Hi

I am wondering if someone can help me please. I applied for spouse visa a while ago I was one of the unlucky ones that was kept on hold and then refused after months of waiting. I am thinking of reapplying now, my husband has a English a1 certificate that was issued in January 2013 is he ok to use this or does he have to do a new one?

Thanks
He needs to retake it.

Why was the visa refused?
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

Sarah786

Post by Sarah786 » Mon May 04, 2015 12:12 pm

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... n_1_21.pdf

If I am right, this states it is valid until November 15.

Was refused on income basis.

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Mon May 04, 2015 12:33 pm

Sarah786 wrote:https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... n_1_21.pdf

It depends on what English test he took, some of the providers have a 2 year expiry, therefore it may be out of date. However if the test doesn't have an expiry date then it will be fine. Here's the government website link:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... tional.pdf

Sarah786

Post by Sarah786 » Mon May 04, 2015 12:44 pm

alil2014 wrote:

It depends on what English test he took, some of the providers have a 2 year expiry, therefore it may be out of date. However if the test doesn't have an expiry date then it will be fine. Here's the government website link:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... tional.pdf[
quote]
Hi
Thank you, I have seen this link. His certificate doesn't have an expiry date so I'm assuming it should be ok.
Thanks

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Mon May 04, 2015 1:46 pm

Sarah786 wrote:
alil2014 wrote:

quote]
Hi
Thank you, I have seen this link. His certificate doesn't have an expiry date so I'm assuming it should be ok.
Thanks
What test provider was it?

Sarah786

Post by Sarah786 » Mon May 04, 2015 2:00 pm

Was refused on income basis.[/quote][/quote]

quote]
Hi
Thanks[/quote]

What test provider was it?[/quote]

City and guilds.. Jzk for your help both me and my hubby are really confused

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Mon May 04, 2015 2:30 pm

ab112 wrote:I am just wondering,

Have the home office or entry clearance officer contacted anyone's employer to verify employment? Does anyone know if they've contacted their employer?

My wife's application in still not assessed but I've given my notice and am starting a new job in a month. The new job is higher pay and still over £18,600 but I am a bit worried if they contact my employer after I left, or even now that I;ve given notice, and my employer says he has left or is leaving! Then it wont look good!

Any thought?

The new job is higher pay and what I submitted was true at the time of application!
Visas are commonly refused if the sponsor leaves his/her place of work before the visa has been granted. Or if the ECO tries to contact the employer either by phone or email and doesn't get any response.

You'll just have to wait and hope for the best.
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.