ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit - More Info. Request

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

klmacko

Work Permit - More Info. Request

Post by klmacko » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:49 pm

So the Home Office has had my work permit application for 11 weeks now, and just today sent a request to my employeer asking for more information:

A copy of statements from past employers, on their business headed paper, to verify xxx's work experience. They must give the start and finish dates, the title of the job held and details of the duties and responsibilities involved in the job. Statements that describe personal characteristics only are not appropriate.

My questions are:

If they need this type of information to decide, why do they not just ask for it originally?

And if they are asking for it now, does that mean they need it in order to get an approval?

(Quick background: I'm an IT Program Manager with over 10 yrs experience, and multiple certifications)

magsi23
Member of Standing

Re: Work Permit - More Info. Request

Post by magsi23 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:56 pm

klmacko wrote:So the Home Office has had my work permit application for 11 weeks now, and just today sent a request to my employeer asking for more information:

A copy of statements from past employers, on their business headed paper, to verify xxx's work experience. They must give the start and finish dates, the title of the job held and details of the duties and responsibilities involved in the job. Statements that describe personal characteristics only are not appropriate.

My questions are:

If they need this type of information to decide, why do they not just ask for it originally?

And if they are asking for it now, does that mean they need it in order to get an approval?

(Quick background: I'm an IT Program Manager with over 10 yrs experience, and multiple certifications)

Looks like a very poor 1st attempt of WP application since these are basic information that should have been provided already.

No wonder its been 11 weeks and your still waiting, straight forward application takes only 2 weeks the most.
Magsi

klmacko

Post by klmacko » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:17 pm

The WP1 application does not ask you to submit this kind of information. Only to fillout who the previous employeers are, time frames, and duties. Also, the employeer who submitted my application had a work permit expert review the application before submitting.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:48 pm

klmacko wrote:The WP1 application does not ask you to submit this kind of information.
You didn't give any details about the type of application the employer made, but this is from the business and commercial guidance notes:
Evidence of experience and/or qualifications required for Tier 2 applications

39. Please send us copies of the person's academic or professional qualifications that show the person meets the skills criteria outlined in paragraph 12. If they are not in English, please send certified translations. Do not send originals. However, Border and Immigration Agency reserves the right to request originals and if necessary check their authenticity.

40. Please send references from past employers on their headed notepaper that verify the person's relevant work experience. They must give the start and finish dates, details of the work and any experience that makes the person qualified to do the job. If they are not in English please send a certified translation. References that only describe the person to be of good character are not appropriate. (see also Section 4). We may also request evidence of the establishment overseas where the person gained their work experience.
The form says:
Please read the appropriate guidance notes before you fill in this form.
There is also a checklist on the form near the end that asks the form filler to check that they have enclosed the appropriate information, and this does mention references for Tier 2 applications.

If your employer's application was made under the Tier 1 work permit criteria, they don't necessarily have to give your references/qualifications, but the caseworker can still ask for them if they need to. Furthermore, if this is not your first work permit the employer may not need to send in references again.

Hope this helps, if not can you post more details about the application? :)

klmacko

Post by klmacko » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:42 pm

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure which Tier I was applied as. I was thinking that maybe it was taking 11 + weeks because they didn't have something they needed but didn't ask for it originally.
It would probably make sense to just always send this reference information in with a first WP1 application.

klmacko

Post by klmacko » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:54 pm

Another related question.... Once they have their additional documentation, how long do you think it would take to reach a decision?