ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial Requirement - Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

A Helping Hand
Newly Registered

Financial Requirement - Spouse visa

Post by A Helping Hand » Fri May 01, 2015 9:42 pm

I am asking this question for a friend of mine... She works FT on £25000 per annum. but majority of it goes in bills, car loan and mortgage etc... she has only £1000 savings in the bank.

She wants to call her fiancé to the UK so that they can register their marriage in the UK in July 2015 as they having their main wedding in his country later this year.

Boy has his parents and family in the UK.

My question is where she stands in term of showing finances...

**** Is £113.70 /week of savings for couples plus £1000 and annual £25000 salary sufficient to satisfy HO for his short visit?

**** how much she really needs to show in her savings / earnings to support his Fiancé Visa? bear in mind they will be getting married later this year abroad and will be applying for Spouse Visa for his settlement in the UK as Dependent - Spouse too.

**** How much she would need to show for Spouse Visa then?

**** Can her parents or his family give support letter/ financial documents for his fiancé visa?

**** Or should she wait till they get married , save more money and apply for Spouse Visa post main wedding?

She will be heart broke if she doesn't get this civil marriage in the UK. but same time doesn't want her fiancé to risk a refusal.

Please give your honest advise... we will really appreciate your time and valuable advice.

Thanks

A Helping Hand. :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Financial Requirement - Spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 01, 2015 9:49 pm

can register their marriage in the UK in July 2015
Why do that? There is no requirement to do this if they are getting married abroad later in the year. Or does your friend just want to do it due to family here etc?
having their main wedding in his country later this year
If they are doing this?
**** Is £113.70 /week of savings for couples plus £1000 and annual £25000 salary sufficient to satisfy HO for his short visit? Salary alone will be sufficient. What visa do they intend on applying for as that will determine what requirements need to be met. There are two different visas.

**** how much she really needs to show in her savings / earnings to support his Fiancé Visa? bear in mind they will be getting married later this year abroad and will be applying for Spouse Visa for his settlement in the UK as Dependent - Spouse too. Salary should be sufficient then no savings are required. Applying within the the UK for a spouse visa will depend on your answer to my last question in #1 above.

**** How much she would need to show for Spouse Visa then? 6 months payslip and bank statement, proof of accommodation.

**** Can her parents or his family give support letter/ financial documents for his fiancé visa? Third party support is not permitted.

**** Or should she wait till they get married , save more money and apply for Spouse Visa post main wedding? depending on your answer to my questions in #1 and #2 will depend on how I answer this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Sat May 02, 2015 1:16 am

A Helping Hand wrote:I am asking this question for a friend of mine... She works FT on £25000 per annum. but majority of it goes in bills, car loan and mortgage etc... she has only £1000 savings in the bank.

She wants to call her fiancé to the UK so that they can register their marriage in the UK in July 2015 as they having their main wedding in his country later this year.

Boy has his parents and family in the UK.

My question is where she stands in term of showing finances...

**** Is £113.70 /week of savings for couples plus £1000 and annual £25000 salary sufficient to satisfy HO for his short visit?

**** how much she really needs to show in her savings / earnings to support his Fiancé Visa? bear in mind they will be getting married later this year abroad and will be applying for Spouse Visa for his settlement in the UK as Dependent - Spouse too.

**** How much she would need to show for Spouse Visa then?

**** Can her parents or his family give support letter/ financial documents for his fiancé visa?

**** Or should she wait till they get married , save more money and apply for Spouse Visa post main wedding?

She will be heart broke if she doesn't get this civil marriage in the UK. but same time doesn't want her fiancé to risk a refusal.

Please give your honest advise... we will really appreciate your time and valuable advice.

Thanks

A Helping Hand. :)
If your question is about amount needed to meet financial requirement, you don't need any savings to apply and 25k salary should be enough provided all other requirements are met.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 02, 2015 9:08 am

Bear in mind she can't legally marry twice.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

A Helping Hand
Newly Registered

Post by A Helping Hand » Sat May 02, 2015 7:42 pm

Hey Guys, :)

Much appreciated.. :) :)

Casa / CR001, no they are not getting married twice :P :lol: .. As she is British National, she wants to register her marriage in the UK and have Religious Wedding ceremony later in his country.

All she wants, him to come to the UK on Fiancé / marriage visa ( sort term ) > get here > get married in the UK with her family / Friends.. then go back and prepare for the religious ceremony. After this he will apply for a Spouse Visa (FLR - M) to join her in the UK permanently from his country. ( OR should he apply for FLR-M while he is in the UK soon after their civil wedding? :? :? )

Rayking / CR001 My main concern / question was her Bank Account, as she only has £1000 in savings. Yes, she is on £25000 but most of her salary goes in Car / House Mortgage and Bills etc.. are they ( HO ) not bothered with the spending / saving or will just see the incoming income ? :roll: :roll:

Just want to say.... you guys are doing a Terrific Job giving your valuable time to help others :) :D :) .

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 02, 2015 8:02 pm

His only option if he's entering on a fiance visa is to apply for FLR(M) from within the UK after the wedding and before the visa expires. He can't apply for this from his home country.
The focus is on the amount of earnings, not how they were spent, which was the requirement under the pre-9th July 2012 Regulations. Which in my opinion was much fairer.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 02, 2015 8:54 pm

He can apply for a marriage visitor visa though (which is different to a fiance via).

https://www.gov.uk/marriage-visa/overview
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun May 03, 2015 9:12 am

The only problem with a Marriage Visitor Visa would be proving in the application that he has strong reasons to return to his home country after the wedding. As his intention is to settle in the UK after the religious ceremony, that may be very difficult.
(Casa, not CR001)