ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advise Please - Application Form

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ali_Sch

Advise Please - Application Form

Post by Ali_Sch » Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:16 pm

Dear freinds,

I have almost complete my Application, I just want to discuss few points for your guidance. please bear the lenght with me
1) I have changed color & fonts in some fields in form which before was either white & light grey, to make things visble & to fill in the provided space. I hope it not cause any problem

2) What should I put in point 11, arrangemenst to secure work in UK. I am an ACCA UK qualified

3) What evidence should I provide to support myself for 1st year.

4) I dont have any surname / family name, as its not traditional in our culture (my complete name Mohd Ali), what should I put in surname & family name section.

5) In Personal detail section, there is field for current address, in Saudi Arabia, there is no residentail address., please guide. I have given for contact address my add in Pakistan.

6) I check the recent post similar to my situation, regarding employer reference without job responsibilty, I cant manage from any source such refrence as I work short renewable contract and I ll badly damage my relationship with employer. Is there any resonable alternative.

I will highly appreciate your help. Sorry for lenght.
THank you in Advance. Ali

Nousky

Re: Advise Please - Application Form

Post by Nousky » Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:42 pm

Ali_Sch wrote:Dear freinds,

I have almost complete my Application, I just want to discuss few points for your guidance. please bear the lenght with me
1) I have changed color & fonts in some fields in form which before was either white & light grey, to make things visble & to fill in the provided space. I hope it not cause any problem

2) What should I put in point 11, arrangemenst to secure work in UK. I am an ACCA UK qualified

3) What evidence should I provide to support myself for 1st year.

4) I dont have any surname / family name, as its not traditional in our culture (my complete name Mohd Ali), what should I put in surname & family name section.

5) In Personal detail section, there is field for current address, in Saudi Arabia, there is no residentail address., please guide. I have given for contact address my add in Pakistan.

6) I check the recent post similar to my situation, regarding employer reference without job responsibilty, I cant manage from any source such refrence as I work short renewable contract and I ll badly damage my relationship with employer. Is there any resonable alternative.

I will highly appreciate your help. Sorry for lenght.

I will get back to you over the week with some helpfull answers.
I am busy right now today being friday.
Do not panick other gang will write to you when they are back to the forum :wink:

Nousky

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:03 pm

I dont know about the new forms in word format, but the colour on the screen might not appear as bad when printed. Did you check that? I dont think its an issue as long as you dont change colour or font of their text and captions. Try to stay consistent where possible. Also bear in mind you can give hand written applications.
3) What evidence should I provide to support myself for 1st year
I explained the nature of my work and the availability of jobs in my field. This was backed by print outs of job oppurtunities currently in the market. Also explained that I have adequate funds for self sustainance while I look for a job, this was backed by my bank statements currently.
4) I dont have any surname / family name, as its not traditional in our culture (my complete name Mohd Ali), what should I put in surname & family name section
Sorry dont know about that
I thought address in KSA are identified by their PO box? Your Pakistan address should be fine. Many others give the local address of a friend or relative in the UK and thats accepatable too.
Thats very unfortunate. Do you have any seniors in your company who can give you the job reference and responsibilities? Can you explain to your employer that its a long term migration plan and is not an immediate option for you?

Nousky

Re: Advise Please - Application Form

Post by Nousky » Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:38 am

Ali_Sch wrote:Dear freinds,

nwazir gave you some good answers.

For the family name. Which same name does all your familly member answer.
You familly should be identified by a single common name?
If there is a particular name you, your father, brothers answer, then that is your familly name.
If all of you answers Mohd then this is your family name.
If you alone answer Ali then that is your first name.

Nousky :wink:

Ali_Sch

Post by Ali_Sch » Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:21 pm

Hi MWazir & Nousky,

THanks a lot for your response.

1) I have change the only Font, Font size & color in places where they ask us for input.Like name 7 address. It is ridiculous in same section of Personal detail
Family & First name: Font color is white & size is 12, if u enter ur name
Date of birth & age: Font color is very light grey & size is 10
Current residence: Font color is black
Current immigration status: its red

Will it be ok to make all black as I do.

5)In current address can I give address of any UK freinds .

6) regarding job description in reference letter I decide to put myself detail in separte letter and request them to verify. I ll b ok too if they request as I think that at that time application would b in final stages and I can inform my employer. Would it casue much delay if they request futher documentation.

Please give some more detail for point of arrangement to seek work in UK. Having go through same job ads & recuritment agency website I found that its almost compulsary or highly prefered to have work permit first. Just breif wording will be helpful to me.

Once again thanks your prompt response and help.

Regards, ALi