ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for my Wife's visa but confused

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Perdesi007

Applying for my Wife's visa but confused

Post by Perdesi007 » Mon May 04, 2015 11:11 am

Hello all,

I have been living in the UK for more than 11 years, came in the UK as a student, got ILR now and going to apply for my wife and Son's visas.

I got married before coming into the UK but did not mention in my visa application as the consultant I applied through said Visa officer may ask about the funds to support your partner in Pakistan.

I am confused if I mentioned about the wedding date before my first application back in 2003 whether the high commission reject it saying gave wrong info that I am single or it should be fine to go with it and provide the original Nikaah Nama ( Marriage certificate ).

During this period i have been to Pakistan 6 times and I have got a 10 years old Son as well. I am in touch with them via telephone, I make direct calls from my mobile almost daily, and I can provide all the bills if required to support my application.

Waiting for your kind response.
Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Re: Applying for my Wife's visa but confused

Post by Obie » Mon May 04, 2015 11:17 am

Are you earning up to 22,400 now?

If you are married, then you can't remarry.

The agent gave you a totally inaccurate advise.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Perdesi007

Post by Perdesi007 » Mon May 04, 2015 4:02 pm

Yes I am earning more than £22,500 a year and going to apply for my citizenship this month.

Do you think it's gonna be a problem when i apply for her visa?

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon May 04, 2015 4:10 pm

I don't know how you can avoid giving this information as the ECO will require proof of marriage.
Also don't know what the outcome of your application will be - however I do advise you are truthful if you decide to apply.