ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I want to APPLY FOR with HSMP .

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gsansy
Newly Registered

I want to APPLY FOR with HSMP .

Post by gsansy » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:10 am

Hi,
I am from India and I am planning for filing a HSMP Application next week . But i have a slight doubt because there is a difference in my Name in my Acedemic Recordsd Certificates . My School certificates and Bachelor's Degree degree contains my maiden name but and my Master's Degree and all my experience certificate cantains my Full Name (Maiden Name+Surname). Though I have my passport and my birth certificate made with my Full name and i have also advertised for the name change in the Newspapar.My date of birth and my Father's name is same everywhere . I want to know Does this difference i my name weakens my case. OR does the Document s i have mentioned above legalise my difference in my name and i can go ahead with filing HSMP Application .

gsansy
Newly Registered

Re: I want to APPLY FOR with HSMP .Please reply its Urgent

Post by gsansy » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:45 am

I have a query . In my HSMP Application i am claiming 35 points for my Master's Degree so doI have to submit my our school and bacherlor's degree certificates as well .

Thanks ind Advance!!

pinnacle

Post by pinnacle » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:52 am

gsansy wrote:I have a query . In my HSMP Application i am claiming 35 points for my Master's Degree so doI have to submit my our school and bacherlor's degree certificates as well .

Thanks ind Advance!!

Your master's degree is perfect for claiming points on educational qualification and will give you 35 points. But I have a question. For getting an approwal you need to clear the english language requirement which is a mandatory requirement, failing your application will be refused. There are two ways of claiming these points either IELTS or letter from your graduating universtity that your entire education was in english. If you are choosing the later one then you need to sumbit your bachelor degree along with letter from university. Please browse through this forum , you may get many cases just like you. Best of luck

gsansy
Newly Registered

Post by gsansy » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:56 am

Hi Pinnacle ,
Thanks for the advice. Yes I know i have to either pass IELTS or produce my Bachelor's Degree along with the Certificagte that my course was Taught in English . I have the both My College Degree and the certificate on the official letterhead of my College stating the I have passed my Bachelo'rs in such and such year and also that the instructions of my course was in ENGLISH . But the issue is that contains my maiden name and not my Full name. Whereas all my other certificates cotain my Full name (Maiden name + Surname) . Can you or someone please guide me on that. But recently to resolve that issue i had a non judicial affiavit made in my name stating the difference in my name in my acedemic records and also declared that both names belong to one and the same person. I have even got this declarationattested from SDM (Sub Divisional Magistrate) . I have also declared it publically in local News Papers and with the help of that got a new passport with my full name . My Birth Certificate contains my full name .But before applying for HSMP i want to make sure whether these documentary proofs would be enough or not . Help Me Please !!!!!!!!!!!

prem12

Post by prem12 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:36 pm

Take IELTS and help yourself.

I really wonder why people are scared to take IELTS. There is absolutely no exception like lack of time or money for which they cannot take the test. Thy cannot take the test becuase they and only they know it best that are not CONFIDENT of securing even a 6 in IELTS. Pity.
________
Ford Falcon Cobra History
Last edited by prem12 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:45 pm

prem12 wrote:Take IELTS and help yourself.

I really wonder why people are scared to take IELTS. There is absolutely no exception like lack of time or money for which they cannot take the test. Thy cannot take the test becuase they and only they know it best that are not CONFIDENT of securing even a 6 in IELTS. Pity.
Dont know what you are saying about the exam with this statement. Want to try again.

SYH
BANNED

Re: I want to APPLY FOR with HSMP .

Post by SYH » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:46 pm

gsansy wrote:Hi,
I am from India and I am planning for filing a HSMP Application next week . But i have a slight doubt because there is a difference in my Name in my Acedemic Recordsd Certificates . My School certificates and Bachelor's Degree degree contains my maiden name but and my Master's Degree and all my experience certificate cantains my Full Name (Maiden Name+Surname). Though I have my passport and my birth certificate made with my Full name and i have also advertised for the name change in the Newspapar.My date of birth and my Father's name is same everywhere . I want to know Does this difference i my name weakens my case. OR does the Document s i have mentioned above legalise my difference in my name and i can go ahead with filing HSMP Application .
As for you maiden and married name, I don't really see a problem since your passport contains all your names. If you present your marriage certificate, I can't see them saying you aren't the same person.

gsansy
Newly Registered

Post by gsansy » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:18 pm

[quote="SYH"][quote="gsansy"]Hi,
Thanks SYh
But i am a guy and not a girl .Here in India people often follow the easy routes .When i was in 10 th Grade due to finding it difficult to spell my surname properly my school authorities awardedmy 10 class pass certificate with onlymy maiden name .Which then unfortunately i had to use the same name in my 12th Grade and my Bachelor's Degree because they erolled me into their university seeing my school certificate . But seeing other posts here i think it should not be a problem once i have the affidavit declaring the difference in my name and stating that both names belong to one and same person .

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:25 pm

gsansy wrote:
SYH wrote:
gsansy wrote:Hi,
Thanks SYh
But i am a guy and not a girl .Here in India people often follow the easy routes .When i was in 10 th Grade due to finding it difficult to spell my surname properly my school authorities awardedmy 10 class pass certificate with onlymy maiden name .Which then unfortunately i had to use the same name in my 12th Grade and my Bachelor's Degree because they erolled me into their university seeing my school certificate . But seeing other posts here i think it should not be a problem once i have the affidavit declaring the difference in my name and stating that both names belong to one and same person .
Sorry for the gender confusion, in any case, your assessment seems good. I have the same problem with my name, people love to use an o when it is a u but I have been really vigilent my whole life to make sure any legally important documents are spelled right. And making people feel really lame for being so presumptuous in the spelling of my name and then if I am a questionned for a misspelling telling people like it is. I am never denied because I have the proof so that's what I rely on and it more or less serves me well.

prem12

Post by prem12 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:23 pm

SYH wrote:

Dont know what you are saying about the exam with this statement. Want to try again.
All I want to say is that it is pity that people want to seek qualification under a skilled migrant program but do not even have guts to take up IELTS when required. I think IELTS should have been made mandatory, that would have helped the UK to genrate revenue and at the same time purge the so called skilled imposters from abusing the system.
________
Klonopin rehab forum
Last edited by prem12 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:39 pm

prem12 wrote:
SYH wrote:

All I want to say is that it is pity that people want to seek qualification under a skilled migrant program but do not even have guts to take up IELTS when required. I think IELTS should have been made mandatory, that would have helped the UK to genrate revenue and at the same time purge the so called skilled imposters from abusing the system.
I think the resistance comes from people who are already in the system and feel like they paid their dues before the requirement came into effect. I know i am annoyed that the requirement was thrusted upon me and when I passed the requirement, it didnt seem to me such a great test of one's English competence.

prem12

Post by prem12 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:10 pm

SYH wrote:
prem12 wrote:
SYH wrote:

I think the resistance comes from people who are already in the system and feel like they paid their dues before the requirement came into effect. I know i am annoyed that the requirement was thrusted upon me and when I passed the requirement, it didnt seem to me such a great test of one's English competence.
Exactly.. This is a simple test ,after all it will test one's competence in english so that they can live and work in UK. But as I said the people do not have enough guts and keep looking for chances to favour them.
________
Cb400n

pinnacle

Post by pinnacle » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:40 pm

HO's are not fools in giving us the option, to produce English language certificate as qualifying evidence. Its a thing of comman sence that a person having done his education in english should be proficient in english. Its not the case of guts but comman sence that if you have the required evidence why to waste your time & money in giving IELTS.

prem12

Post by prem12 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:20 am

pinnacle wrote:HO's are not fools in giving us the option, to produce English language certificate as qualifying evidence. Its a thing of comman sence that a person having done his education in english should be proficient in english. Its not the case of guts but comman sence that if you have the required evidence why to waste your time & money in giving IELTS.
While what you say is true, I have seen so many people on this forum who are just grappling with some problem related to producing evidence from thier university.

Can you tell me one reason why they cannot simply get away with that problem by taking IELTS. As I said, it is not about my time and money. It is all about thier capability.
________
P-250

gsansy
Newly Registered

Post by gsansy » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:00 pm

[quote="prem12"][quote="SYH"][quote="prem12"]Take IELTS and help yourself.

Well well well Mr Prem12 i dont know why do you seem so frustrated . I think you were foced to appear in IELTS and it seems its been quite tough for you to get through .I think that is why you feel pity and not just pity but jealous from peolpe who are exempted form giving the IELTS due to their Bachelor's Degree in English .

MyHSMPApplication

Post by MyHSMPApplication » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:36 pm

Hi Gsansy,
I don't know what you feel about IELTS, but I stongly feel that it is a sure shot way to say you are competent in English. Atleast this is what the HSMP case workers feel.

there is always an element of doubt with regard to the letter from university. As there is no specific guidelies laid down by the HSMP team in this regard.

Even if I have a letter from University, I would always go for IELTS as getting 6 isn't a big deal.
Cheers PG

prem12

Post by prem12 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:53 pm

gsansy wrote:
prem12 wrote:
SYH wrote:

Well well well Mr Prem12 i dont know why do you seem so frustrated . I think you were foced to appear in IELTS and it seems its been quite tough for you to get through .I think that is why you feel pity and not just pity but jealous from peolpe who are exempted form giving the IELTS due to their Bachelor's Degree in English .
LOL.. Yes frustrated I am to see people like to you who wait for the chances to favour you and make it through by dint of luck. In this very thread you can see some advise that IELST is a sure shot way, but unfortunately for people who have some substance in them. Probably not for you kind of people who want to get a "skilled" migrant visa but pi*s off at the very idea of taking a simple exam. LOL.

As far as my competence is concerened, I very much have a letter from my university. So muster you courage and take up IELTS. It is an easy exam dude. Do not let fear grapple you. My blessing will follow you.
________
POT NEWS