ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family members of British Citizen exercising treaty rights

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jimmiesettler
Newly Registered

Family members of British Citizen exercising treaty rights

Post by jimmiesettler » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:21 pm

Hi, sorry,forgive me, I have a duplicate of this thread in the Ireland board, but people don;t seem to go there often and no-one seems to answer and since this is about EEA-Route and a possible SS case, let me try my luck here :

Hi
My wife is a British Citizen and I am a South African citizen, we are currently in South Africa. We are planning to move to Dublin on the basis of my UK wife exercising her treat rights. We might do Surinder Singh in the end, but we want to give Ireland a chance and might decide to live there instead of the UK.

There is a chance that my Father will be getting a Tier 2 Visa to work in the UK, but if that falls through - Can he and my Mom come join us in Ireland as they will be family members of the EU Citizen exercising her treaty rights in Ireland ? If so, on what basis can that be true - dependency ? And how will I prove that ? Must they live with us in Ireland (as South Africans can enter Ireland without a Visa) and must my wife pay money into an Irish bank account, or does she have to already be paying money to them whilst they are still in South Africa ? How many statements need to be shown ?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance for any help received.

jimmiesettler
Newly Registered

Re: Family members of British Citizen exercising treaty righ

Post by jimmiesettler » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:41 pm

Anyone ? :( :( :shock: :) :) :?

Crooksfamily
Newly Registered

Post by Crooksfamily » Mon May 04, 2015 4:15 am

Hi there
Did you manage to get the information you needed? Did you end up in Ireland?
Sara

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Mon May 04, 2015 4:08 pm

They must be dependent on you to be eligible to have an automatic right of residence in Ireland. They must rely on you for material support for their essential needs. Material support can be for example in the form of money or in the form of food, shelter and clothing, etc, that you provide for them as a member of your household.