ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

parent consent

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

parent consent

Post by zaza7625 » Sun May 03, 2015 6:34 pm

Hi all
i have 1 question,would anyone answer,i would have been gratefull.
so, i am a father,my children have my surnames,i am in their birth certificates as a father and all of them have eu passports with my surnames as well.
Do i still need mother's consent in order to travel with my children without their mother?
thank you

adelmurray

Re: parent consent

Post by adelmurray » Mon May 04, 2015 12:56 pm

the answer to that is yes you do need the mothers consent , same should apply to the mother as well , unless you were not married to each other . however a court order can clarify this for you and the mother . basically you can apply to the court for permission to take your children on holidays , having said that the court would require alot of proofs that you will bring back the children to their home residence . it is not an easy road but it can be done (i must mention that the courts are not too keen when children are involved especially if one parent is objecting the travel , by saying " that they do fear that their children may never come back " and that is a big alarm for the courts and judges can be very reluctant to give an order for such a permission . as i said if you can proof that you will bring back your children to their mother if can be done .

best of luck !

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Post by zaza7625 » Mon May 04, 2015 1:31 pm

adelmurray wrote:the answer to that is yes you do need the mothers consent , same should apply to the mother as well , unless you were not married to each other . however a court order can clarify this for you and the mother . basically you can apply to the court for permission to take your children on holidays , having said that the court would require alot of proofs that you will bring back the children to their home residence . it is not an easy road but it can be done (i must mention that the courts are not too keen when children are involved especially if one parent is objecting the travel , by saying " that they do fear that their children may never come back " and that is a big alarm for the courts and judges can be very reluctant to give an order for such a permission . as i said if you can proof that you will bring back your children to their mother if can be done .

best of luck !
thank you addelmurray for your detailed informatio. You have mentioned that i can take my children out of the country without parent's consent unless i am married.
question. What happens if i married,still need consent or just enough to show our marriage certificate in airport?

Thank you again

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Mon May 04, 2015 1:39 pm

i was referring to the mother of your children , she can take the children out of the Country if you were not married to each other and she has sole custody of the children , unfortunately fathers can not do that in either ways , however they can stop the mother from taking the children out of the country if they were married before the separation and have joint custody . and no even if you were married the marriage certificate will not be sufficient to travel with the kids.

your best bet is to try and come to a mutual agreement with the mother of your children and try to agree outside of courts as it can be costly and time consuming .

if and as a last resort you were unsuccessful then you can try to apply to the courts for an order granting you permission to take your children on holidays (as i explained previously it is not as easy as people my think to obtain that order , but i can be done ).

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Post by zaza7625 » Mon May 04, 2015 7:50 pm

adelmurray wrote:i was referring to the mother of your children , she can take the children out of the Country if you were not married to each other and she has sole custody of the children , unfortunately fathers can not do that in either ways , however they can stop the mother from taking the children out of the country if they were married before the separation and have joint custody . and no even if you were married the marriage certificate will not be sufficient to travel with the kids.

your best bet is to try and come to a mutual agreement with the mother of your children and try to agree outside of courts as it can be costly and time consuming .

if and as a last resort you were unsuccessful then you can try to apply to the courts for an order granting you permission to take your children on holidays (as i explained previously it is not as easy as people my think to obtain that order , but i can be done ).
Thank you adelmurray.
your information is very valuable and detailed.

Thank you again
good luck