ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Elderly Dependent Visa Refused - What are the options?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Navi123

Re: Elderly Dependent Visa Refused - What are the options?

Post by Navi123 » Sun May 03, 2015 8:11 pm

Can u share surinder singh's route details or link pls?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun May 03, 2015 8:22 pm

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/surinder-singh

This link explains fairly clearly;
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/surinde ... ion-route/

However, bear in mind that where the article mentions 'residence of 3 month' in an EU state, the rules have toughened to some extent and you should now consider a period of closer to 12 months as CR001 has advised.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

WBP
Newly Registered

Post by WBP » Tue May 05, 2015 9:28 am

Navi123 thanks

I don't want to discourage you but I need to be very honest here as it is about family - I would have never applied for settlement visa had my lawyer firm warned me about the danger of automatic refusal of the visit visa. But it was my mistake too, I didn't do enough research before instructing the lawyer firm. I went through hell from the day the settlement visa was refused until my mother arrived here. If you think your case is strong then go ahead, it all depends on that hearing day in the court, what view the judge forms of the case and gives the decision also how well the decision is written also matters a lot. In my case, I had no option but to appeal, but looking back, now I feel it isn't the risk worth taking plainly because if you lose appeal, the gates are closed permanently(or until the rules are eased)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 05, 2015 10:15 am

WBP wrote:Navi123 thanks

I don't want to discourage you but I need to be very honest here as it is about family - I would have never applied for settlement visa had my lawyer firm warned me about the danger of automatic refusal of the visit visa. But it was my mistake too, I didn't do enough research before instructing the lawyer firm. I went through hell from the day the settlement visa was refused until my mother arrived here. If you think your case is strong then go ahead, it all depends on that hearing day in the court, what view the judge forms of the case and gives the decision also how well the decision is written also matters a lot. In my case, I had no option but to appeal, but looking back, now I feel it isn't the risk worth taking plainly because if you lose appeal, the gates are closed permanently(or until the rules are eased)
Thank you for coming back online and giving such brutally honest advice. It is appreciated when members do that.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

apsd
Newly Registered

Post by apsd » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:10 pm

Hi WBP,

I am a new member and in a similar situation. I have applied for my parent's elderly dependent visa which has been refused. I have a situation where my mother is paralytic and physically dependent on others. My father can't help as he himself is a heart patient. I had provided all certificates from doctors and am now planning to appeal. I was wondering if you can help with sharing which lawyer firm you had used and which forms etc. you submitted for the appeal.